PDA

View Full Version : some hands i want evaluated

mts
07-24-2003, 08:59 PM
these are 6max 5/10 at partypoker. I put the persons actions under their previous actions on that same street (if any).

in sb with [Qd, 3d]. utg and utg+1 limp and bb checks, i call.
flop [3s, Kh, 8d].
utg+1 bets, i call first, rest fold. (is this call ok? i thought 1 or both after me would call).
turn [3c]
i checkraise
river [4s]
i bet he calls. i win. was going to fold if i didnt pick up outs on the turn.

next... have [Jh, Td] in middle position.
2 calls before me, i call, sb and bb call/check.

flop [4d, 5s, Jc]

checked to person before me, he bets, i raise, 2 callers and bettor folds.
turn [9h]
check, check, i bet
call, fold.
river [As]
check, check. i win.

next, middle position with [Kh, Js].
2 folds, i call, button calls and button checks.
flop [2s, Tc, Jc]
check, i bet, next person raises
folds
Turn [3s]
i check/call.
river [Kd]
i check raise and he reraises, i call. My hand is good. he had KT... oops). is my checkraise ok here? how about my check/call on the turn.

Last hand i'm on the button with [Ad, 7h] (normally would not play this hand but a HUGE bluffer open limps UTG+1 so.
2 callers to me, i call, bb checks.
flop [3c, 5d, Ac]
check, bluffer(utg+1) bets, guy folds, i raise, 1 coldcaller and bluffer calls.
turn [5h]
check, bluffer(utg+1) bets, i fold, coldcaller calls.
river [Ts]
check, check. coldcaller takes it down with my exact hand...

mts
07-25-2003, 05:46 PM

lil'
07-25-2003, 06:14 PM
Hand 1 - If you think he is bluffing, raise the flop. If not, fold. You don't have the odds to chase a 5 outer.
Hand 2 - Bet the river
Hand 3 - You could raise this preflop. I would 3-bet the flop.
Hand 4 - If he's a huge bluffer, like you said, then you gave up too quickly. Let him bluff his brains out, you have top pair! Being a shorthanded game, you are probably best. I might raise the river.

SoCalPat
07-25-2003, 09:01 PM
Hand 1: I don't like the flop call. And with no straight or flush draw possible on the turn, I might wait until the river to checkraise. But you got the same number of bets out of him anyway, so good job. I'm very curious to know what your opponent had that you cracked /images/graemlins/blush.gif

Hand 2: Well done

Hand 3: I'm tempted to raise, rather than limp in. Otherwise, well played.

Hand 4: Sometimes, you have to take the kid gloves off with players you know are full of it. This probably isn't the hand to do it with, but I'd have been tempted to raise him on the turn as well. These types of players will always play back at you with a hand, and on any street. That he didn't on the flop tells me he's likely full of it here, and as a bonus, you might even get that coldcaller to fold his top pair, weak kicker.

conform
07-25-2003, 10:22 PM
hand 1: I think your call on the flop is too loose. i think your call preflop is probably ever worse.

hand 2: i want to say bet the river here but i suppose there is an argument to be made that the kind of player that you're afraid of (who plays every ace and calls to the river looking for a pair) will be paranoid that you've got an ace if he doesn't, and so will only call your bet if can beat a pair of aces... that said, i'd probably bet the river and if he has the ace, so be it.

hand 3: reraise the flop; it's the button that raised you and there's no reason to jump to the conclusion that you're behind here. or else checkraise the turn. flop is probably a better place to raise if you're concerned though.

hand 4:
you don't wan to play poor cards against a bluffer unless it's just the bluffer you're up against. when there's another limper between him and you it's better to just muck. if you are going to take on the bluffer you can't be limping. you have to raise. you want everyone else to fold so you don't have to worry about all the other players who are likely to have better hands than you. the best circumstances for showing up a bluffer involve him raising and you reraising befor he gets any callers. after that.... i don't understand why you folded your top pair, especially when all the action was coming from the terrible bluffer.

mts
07-25-2003, 11:00 PM
on the last hand, i raised the flop to isolate the bluffer but the 'coldcaller' cold called 2. I dont see him doing this without an ace and i was afraid i had kicker problems. Plus i didn't want to call any raises from the bluffer when the coldcaller has yet to act. Figuring he was waiting until the turn to make his move.

GuyOnTilt
07-26-2003, 12:36 AM
I will preface by saying I haven't read any other replies ot this post so I may sound redundant.

Hand #1: Muck Preflop. With only 2 limpers, you do not have odds to draw to a flush (which is what you're mainly playing for here because your Q is weak-sauce). Since you didn't, you should definitely fold the flop 100% of the time, even if you do expect to pick up one or two overcallers. Nice catch.

Hand #2: Exactly how I would've played the hand.

Hand #3: Preflop you must either raise or fold. I probably fold 60% of the time here because of the texture of tables I usually play at, but at a 6-max table you must raise much more frequently when folded to you in the CO. You have to 3-bet the flop raiser, your have top pair, 2nd top kicker. You have to be confident you are ahead here and 3-bet the flop, and lead out on the turn and river. He will probably raise you on the river, to which you must just call, are he may have raised the flop with an open-ender Q9s going for a freecard play and then wussed out and didn't cap, as many players frequently do.

Hand #4: Fold preflop exactly 100% of the time here, even with a fish in the hand and the button.

elysium
07-26-2003, 04:19 AM
hi mts
hand 1) you don't need to be in this hand from the SB with that. anyway, fold on the flop.
hand 2)fold pre-flop to the two early limpers. but now that you're in, on the river, bet when the A hits. you need to fold a few hands that beat yours however unlikely that seems and you can get more money in the pot with the likely winner without risking a raise that you would fold to anyway. now, i know that this sounds like accomplishing two very different missions with one bet against one opponent, but you must bet the river to get the fold or to get more money in the pot. it's an instictual thing mts.
hand 3) you must raise in with this holding when first in from MP if you are going to play it. after the pre-flop, you played perfectly.
hand 4) you called two cold-callers with that? just awful mts. you need to review hfap and top. this is one of the worst hands ever posted. go back to the drawing board and do not gamble money in card games until you fully understand how wretched a holding you cold-called a multi-way with.

mts
07-26-2003, 11:11 AM
hand 4 really sucked. Thats why i post these hands because they are all pretty much borderline barring the last one. Question, which ace is ok to call with in a situation like that. Probably none? Either fold or raise?

So you would only play JT when first in from late position i assume? or blinds of course.

Lastly, thank you for the response.