PDA

View Full Version : ($16) Blind play, rivered 3rd nuts versus an over bet

11t
12-21-2005, 01:46 PM
No particular reads but deductive reasoning led me to believe he had nothing.

Blinds are 50/100

Relevant Stacks:

SB with t1820
Hero in BB with t1370
and T /images/graemlins/heart.gif8 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

Folds to SB who completes, Hero checks

Flop is Q /images/graemlins/heart.gifA /images/graemlins/heart.gif5 /images/graemlins/heart.gif

check, check

Turn is 4 /images/graemlins/spade.gif

check, check

River is 8 /images/graemlins/heart.gif pot is 200

SB bets 300, Hero calls

FPS?

12-21-2005, 01:52 PM
the relevant read would be if you thought or didn't think he's the kind of guy who after blinds fold to him would completes SB with a EDIT: K.

so without that read, i actually might lay this down... except that it's a 16 and i think you might get that bet from anyone with a heart. it's a fine call in my book.

11t
12-21-2005, 02:07 PM
Yah, like when I don't have a read I just have this standard image of a player and what typical players are and are not capable of doing. I mean if you think about it a player is just the sum of his bets and the play at any given level can be described as the sum of all the bets/decisions made by all the players at that level and that value can be averaged to moderately describe the play of any individual player with some standard of deviation.

I figured a typical player here at the $16's is throwing out a min-bet or something at the turn with the K /images/graemlins/heart.gif and on the river isn't tryiing to bet anybody out of the pot with the J /images/graemlins/heart.gif and he was most likely tryiing to buy the pot hoping I didn't have a heart. I mean I have shown zero interest in this hand so what would make him think I would call that?

bluefeet
12-21-2005, 02:14 PM
I think you played it fine. A nut FD is just as likely to lead this flop. Knowing you might have done same, he is making a pretty nice play on the river. I'd make the call. Made a little tough at this level, with your stack for sure.