PDA

View Full Version : I'm going to write a hand converter

EnderFFX
12-21-2005, 01:08 PM
Would it be better if I wrote a hand converter as a separate application for everyone to download and use or as a web application where you can dump it into a field and get the results?

I've written one before, I have no idea why I didn't save the code, but I know it isn't hard. So everyone tell me, what would the ideal hand converter do.

11t
12-21-2005, 01:10 PM
downloadable so we don't have to worry bout the site going down

1C5
12-21-2005, 01:11 PM
1. On the web so I can just add it to my favorites.

2. Be able to take a hand emailed to me by Party and simply put it in the converter and presto, it works without having to change the Texas HH crap that is so annoying.

2Fast2Furious
12-21-2005, 01:12 PM
I'm totally with 1C5 - hate it that I can't convert my Party emails on the converter.

Scuba Chuck
12-21-2005, 01:13 PM
web based is fine.

EnderFFX
12-21-2005, 01:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I was thinking that, and open source too so whoever wants to modify it can. Probably writing it in Visual Basic. Sound cool with everyone?

12-21-2005, 01:23 PM
ideally, be able to handle results from multiple sites... but obviously (although it pains me to say as a stars player) party first, then stars, then others.

EnderFFX
12-21-2005, 01:27 PM
Definitly starting with party first, then PStars, and then an option to pull results from pokertracker.

Any more ideas? I'm coding it now and can definitly use all the ideas possible. I'm going to start with a basic, text area, single button, and then it spits out to a format that will work for 2+2 message boards.

12-21-2005, 01:28 PM
Make sure you can enter entire hand histories, so you can analyze entire SnG's. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

downtown
12-21-2005, 01:33 PM
Being able to do multiple hands at once would be cool.

Being able to convert an entire HH would also be useful for self-review. Also along those lines, having the converter cull hands that you were involved in and convert them to HTML (or 2+2) would be awesome for reviewing you own HHs when you don't really care about hands you weren't involved in. This is admittedly an extra that could be hard to implement, I don't know.

12-21-2005, 02:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Being able to do multiple hands at once would be cool.

Being able to convert an entire HH would also be useful for self-review. Also along those lines, having the converter cull hands that you were involved in and convert them to HTML (or 2+2) would be awesome for reviewing you own HHs when you don't really care about hands you weren't involved in. This is admittedly an extra that could be hard to implement, I don't know.

[/ QUOTE ]

It would be fine if the converter is just able to convert many hh's at once. Then it would be nice if he or someone else makes it so that you can watch it on your computer without posting it on 2+2 (maybe just output HTML code as an option)

I don't know if I'm making sense. Too tired. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

Pokey
12-21-2005, 02:10 PM
This may sound retarded, but could you maybe add a few features that aren't in the usual converter?

1. Display everybody's "M," or at least stack in terms of BBs.
2. On the turn and river, reprint the whole board, not just the new card. It makes it easier for me to follow what's going on.

If these are ridiculous requests, feel free to ignore them and/or insult me at your leisure. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

12-21-2005, 02:15 PM
At least for PS, this converts the HHs for a whole SNG sent to me by email:

http://www.tightpoker.com/replayer/pokerstars.html

Which you can just d/l the page to your HD. Then I just drop them in tightpoker hand replayer:

http://www.tightpoker.com/replayer.html

Which you can also d/l. Is this what you're talking about?

12-21-2005, 02:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I was thinking that, and open source too so whoever wants to modify it can. Probably writing it in Visual Basic. Sound cool with everyone?

[/ QUOTE ]
I was hoping for perl. When reviewing some HHs earlier this week, I was thinking it would be nice to have a script to modify the files for easier viewing. Of course, easier viewing is a matter of personal opinion, so open souce so individuals can modify to taste would be best.

12-21-2005, 02:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Also along those lines, having the converter cull hands that you were involved in and convert them to HTML (or 2+2) would be awesome for reviewing you own HHs when you don't really care about hands you weren't involved in.

[/ QUOTE ]
I find that review often involves evaluating decisions not to enter a pot. So, I wouldn't want to simply eliminate all hands where I didn't put any chips in the pot.

12-21-2005, 02:31 PM
I can help if it's perl or javascript

12-21-2005, 02:34 PM
Anybody can modify a perl script -- you could add these features at your pleasure.

Vuron00
12-21-2005, 03:14 PM
Wasn't there a converter around somewhere that listed the pot size after each round? I'd like to see that instead of having to figure it out for every hand.

Downloadable is best for those of us behind strict firewalls at work.