PDA

View Full Version : So Far Suzy Beating Duval

HDPM
07-24-2003, 06:19 PM
Duval put up a nice 13 over 83 today. Suzy is 5 over after 14. If she breaks 80 both days that's not too bad. She has worked hard to get ready for this tourn. and it is nice if she doesn't embarrass herself, particularly because of the cheesy way she qualified. But man, Duval is playing bad. He has too much talent to be playing like a 10 handicapper. Something is really wrong in his mind. I like the guy and it's frustrating to see him go through this. Must suck worse to be him tho. /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Bill Murphy
07-25-2003, 01:30 AM
My gosh! Jeezle Laweezle!

Honestly, I'm stumped to find anything similar to Duval's slump in sports history. I mean, we're not talking about a Rick Ankiel or Ian Baker-Finch here, or a shooting star like Mark Fidyrich.

Duval is a top-five for ten years, 3-6 majors winning type talent. Remember that 11 wins in 34 starts run, including the Player's under US Open conditions, plus the 3 straight top 3's at Augusta?

Either he's having some as yet undiagnosed after-affects from his injuries, or else the breakup w/Julie really fried him. But he won the British after most of that stuff had happened. Maybe some wacky food allergy or something.

Because no matter what he says, he's not improving. That good round at Wachovia was an aberration, like I said at the time. If he drops another 77+, I think he might bag it for awhile.

Bill Murphy
07-25-2003, 01:34 AM
Kenny Perry's looking to win this yin, as well. What an incredible run. Almost as mystifying, and as unprecedented, as Duval's collapse.

Hope tae spraff wi ye in Wendo the night.

Clarkmeister
07-25-2003, 02:36 AM
The only player Duval could beat right now is Ian Baker Finch.

Maybe.