PDA

View Full Version : 109: KQo hand

downtown
12-21-2005, 12:00 PM
No reads, because I'm essentially a 109 sng n00b.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t50 (8 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

MP2 (t1125)
Hero (t915)
Button (t1305)
SB (t1540)
BB (t1140)
UTG (t2135)
UTG+1 (t805)
MP1 (t1035)

Preflop: Hero is CO with Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif, K/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to t150</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, BB calls t100.

Flop: (t325) 9/images/graemlins/club.gif, 8/images/graemlins/club.gif, K/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets t150</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises to t425</font>,

Hero's action?

12-21-2005, 12:18 PM
I fold here preflop, but otherwise I think you have to push - you have put in 1/3 of your stack, and got pretty much the flop you wanted. Exactly why I don't see the point of raising preflop if you fold this.

Calling on the flop makes little sense because only a bluff has proper fold equity to fold to your modest all-in reraise, and the bluff is unlikely to continue if called. Calling to get away from a club on the turn also seems quite weak.

12-21-2005, 12:34 PM
I play preflop the same. I'd bet more on the flop though. I think you have to push the flop since you made such a weakish bet.

EDIT: At the 55s I like to open shove a flop like this. People call with tons of garbage "protecting their blind". I dunno if this is any different at the 109s.

tigerite
12-21-2005, 12:40 PM
I'd raise t125 preflop, because you don't mind them calling, you will have position anyway. I'd also raise that with any premium hand as well here. On flop I would bet slightly more (about 2/3rds pot), and probably fold to the raise.

tigerite
12-21-2005, 12:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I play preflop the same. I'd bet more on the flop though. I think you have to push the flop since you made such a weakish bet.

EDIT: At the 55s I like to open shove a flop like this. People call with tons of garbage "protecting their blind". I dunno if this is any different at the 109s.

[/ QUOTE ]

Open push with only 350 in the pot? Well, that seems a bit extreme to me, considering you have over 750 left. I don't really like that line.

bigt439
12-21-2005, 01:13 PM
It's pretty tight I think. I think a read is the X-factor here. If you don't have one... sucks... but I don't think folding or pushing are huge mistakes, but I lean towards fold against an unknown.

12-21-2005, 01:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Open push with only 350 in the pot? Well, that seems a bit extreme to me, considering you have over 750 left. I don't really like that line.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, maybe I haven't been shoving enough in this spot to make any conclusions. The 2/3 pot bet is obviously the standard play, but villains will almost always put me on AK/KQ. If I shove they will often put me on some sort of second pair, high card, club draw etc.

Atleast I hope this is the case.

Scuba Chuck
12-21-2005, 01:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Flop: (t325) 9/images/graemlins/club.gif, 8/images/graemlins/club.gif, K/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets t150</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises to t425</font>,

Hero's action?

[/ QUOTE ]

Isn't this the action you are hoping to get when you bet less than 50% of pot when it's checked to you? You got what you asked for....

downtown
12-21-2005, 01:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You got what you asked for....

[/ QUOTE ]

Why so foreboding? If you would usually bet more on the flop when checked to, please say so rather than guessing at the results of the hand or how I felt about being raised.

Scuba Chuck
12-21-2005, 01:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Why so foreboding? If you would usually bet more on the flop when checked to, please say so rather than guessing at the results of the hand or how I felt about being raised.

[/ QUOTE ]

Foreboding, that was not my intent. I think that AK makes this play, as well as other Kx and non Kx hands, depending on how tricky villain is.

12-21-2005, 02:34 PM
Given The preflop CO raise and weakish flop bet, the BB doesn't need much of a hand to check raise here. If I were the BB, I would be expecting CO to hold hands which will fold to my BB Check Raise (med. prs, Ax, etc) a large % of the time. Given the action so far I'm going to the felt with my CO KQ.

bennies
12-21-2005, 02:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Foreboding, that was not my intent. I think that AK makes this play, as well as other Kx and non Kx hands, depending on how tricky villain is.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with Scuba, villain probably has a K so go ahead and push.

Maulik
12-21-2005, 03:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'd raise t125 preflop, because you don't mind them calling, you will have position anyway. I'd also raise that with any premium hand as well here. On flop I would bet slightly more (about 2/3rds pot), and probably fold to the raise.

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't you think we miss value by not raising 3x bb w/ premium holdings? A larger raise shoudl discourage the blinds defending.

Maulik
12-21-2005, 03:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think they are advising pushing after the raise to t425.

z32fanatic
12-21-2005, 08:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

So you would fold after betting 225, leaving about 525 behind? The only hand i'm afraid of here is AK, as a set is unlikely. If the BB is the average 109er, he could've called this with KQ, KJ, KT, TT-QQ and thought the Hero was weak after his flop bet. I don't think I'm folding here.

jeffraider
12-21-2005, 08:15 PM
I'd definitely push here. Your weak lead was begging to get raised by a ton of hands.

AceRat138
12-21-2005, 08:39 PM
I fold this preflop most of the time. If I suspect BB will fold to a raise, I raise between 150-200. I disagree with the "bet 125 because you don't mind a call". With the blinds still this low you do not want to get tangled up with a KQo. Too many hands can bust you...

Post flop I bet the pot. The bet you made is way too weak and like other posters have said is begging for the reraise. The reraise puts you in a tough position, but my read on the situation is that the BB is just protecting his blinds and is putting you on a complete steal. I push over the top of his raise. Most likely he has Kx or middle pair. AK would have gotten a reraise preflop and like someone else said already, a set is unlikely.