PDA

View Full Version : KQs facing a PFR step 2

12-21-2005, 10:52 AM
I thought I should take a flop with this hand. But after the flop I felt that had I of bet and was faced with a CR that I would be commited to the pot in relation to the amount of chips he had left. I would like some feedback for PF, flop as well as the turn. Thanks

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t150 (7 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx (http://www.zerodivide.cx/converter)

SB (t1835)
BB (t635)
UTG (t1465)
MP1 (t1010)
MP2 (t1880)
Hero (t2360)
Button (t815)

Preflop: Hero is CO with Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif, K/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises to t375</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero calls t375, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>.

Flop: (t975) A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 3/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
UTG checks, Hero checks.

Turn: (t975) Q/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG bets t500</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: t1475

12-21-2005, 10:57 AM
fold pf

pergesu
12-21-2005, 10:57 AM
I definitely would not have called the preflop raise. Not sure why you felt you needed to, but I'm just not calling a UTG raise there.

Rest of the hand is fine. He's probably slowplaying a monster on the flop or has KK.

12-21-2005, 11:11 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I definitely would not have called the preflop raise. Not sure why you felt you needed to, but I'm just not calling a UTG raise there.

Rest of the hand is fine. He's probably slowplaying a monster on the flop or has KK.

[/ QUOTE ]
For a step 2 there weren't very many flops being seen. Since I had a slight chip lead, my thinking was that if I hit "big" I may have a chance to narrow the field or if I lose I would be left with enough to make a comeback. Not saying it was the right way of thinking, hence why I'm looking for feedback, thanks

12-21-2005, 11:18 AM
here's another thing to consider: it's a weirdly sized bet from villain. if you call, suddenly the pot is almost the same size of his stack, and the two will likely be meeting soon. i'm not excited about that prospect holding KQ.

having a lead is great. keep it /images/graemlins/smile.gif

2Fast2Furious
12-21-2005, 11:19 AM
That UTG minraise scares me - how we he raising before this hand? Was the minibet pretty common and what level is this? Maybe he hit a set or has a weak Ace so that's why he checked after the flop -- so many hands have you beat here on the turn that I think you did the right thing. You're dominated with the likely suspects (AQ, AK) as well as by any weak ace. If he's donkish he might be playing Q-X and just betting out once he hits a pair but that's scary too if he's got two pair and doesn't account for the miniraise. I think I get away from this hand but maybe that's weak tight.....

12-21-2005, 11:52 AM
[ QUOTE ]
That UTG minraise scares me - how we he raising before this hand? Was the minibet pretty common and what level is this?

[/ QUOTE ]
well, the mini-raise was taking down the majority of pots uncontested pf. I saw the vilain limp A8o utg the previous rnd. He also bet into a T high, 3 way flop, with pp4s with an allin (who btw won with KT) So, I'm not sure a pfr here necessarily meant strength. For all I knew he turned a gutshot or was betting a low pp. Or, he was slowplaying a monster /images/graemlins/confused.gif Either way, he commited himself on the turn and I wasn't prepared to do the same with one card to come holding second pair.

2Fast2Furious
12-21-2005, 11:57 AM
I think fold was the right play IMO. Interesting to hear about the mini-raise - I play on the 11s and 22s on Party and sometimes see guys do this on a ton of hands when it's folded to them in MP - they bet like 2x BB and get away with a lot of steals if table is pretty tight. In higher levels I think the mini-raise is much more of a monster giveaway esp. from early position but I guess it can always be a mediocre raising hand like AJ that you can easily get away from.

12-21-2005, 12:00 PM
I'm hearing that it's a clear fold PF. Thanks for the feedback. Appreciated.