PDA

View Full Version : jesus, did really make out with her?

12-21-2005, 08:37 AM
holy crap, I know I got bombed at the "holiday" party at work (sure about this part) and I think made out with a chick (90% sure about this part).

Every other year I would break my arm patting myself on the back, but this year I moved in with my girlfriend. Anybody know how to deal with this? Both the girlfriend and the girl at work? I aint breaking it off with my girlfriend, I just got boozed up and did what was natural.

handsome
12-21-2005, 08:38 AM
So... uhh... what's the problem?

12-21-2005, 08:39 AM
I made out with some chick I'm going to see everyday at work....I have no idea if she even know's I have a girlfriend...I'm guessing I dont tell the woman I live with

MelK
12-21-2005, 08:42 AM
How many people saw you?

If it is just between the 2 of you, deny any memory of what you did drunk, unless the girl wants more. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

tonypaladino
12-21-2005, 08:52 AM
Grow some testicles and get over it.

Beer and Pizza
12-21-2005, 09:01 AM
Do the right thing:

1) Confess to the gf and break up
2) Confess to your cowoekers and report yourself to Human Resources for sexually harrassing a coworker
3) Quit your job and join a monastery
4) Let us know how it turns out

Gunny Highway
12-21-2005, 09:06 AM
Kill her and make sure the cleaning staff finds her dismembered body stuffed in your boss's desk drawers.

diebitter
12-21-2005, 09:07 AM
From your subject line, I really thought you were asking Jesus.

You're asking the wrong man. What you need to do is ask yourself:
http://www.happyhunter.com/wwed.jpg

Peca277
12-21-2005, 09:15 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Do the right thing:

1) Confess to the gf and break up
2) Confess to your coworkers and report yourself to Human Resources for sexually harrassing a coworker
3) Quit your job and join Myspace
4) Bang a chick and let trainwreck ensue
4) Let us know how it turns out

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP

diebitter
12-21-2005, 09:22 AM
No, too slow. Is your one-night kleenex a slapper? If so, tell the disgustingness you imposed on this girl here in vivid and revolting detail, and then point her to the thread.

Here we have a mini-McWreck to keep us entertained whilst awaiting the real thing.

Bulldog
12-21-2005, 09:36 AM
Don't get drunk at the work holiday party. Drink max of 50% of what you normally drink.

Arnfinn Madsen
12-21-2005, 10:06 AM
You seem to be new to working /images/graemlins/smile.gif. Proper etiquette is simply to pretend like nothing happened.

mrkilla
12-21-2005, 10:15 AM
2 options

a) "sorry i was drunk"

b) "lets go bang in the bathroom now that we got the formalities out of the way"

theres no option C of crying like a puss to your GF and saying you'll never do it again

Go wash the sand out of your vagina and move on

Granite
12-21-2005, 12:26 PM
I had a friend who got drunk at an office Christmas party.

Got up on stage, grabbed the microphone, and then proceeded to explain how he hated the lot of them and they could all go and get %$%#'ed

Back at work on Monday, no big deal. These things happen. Get over it.

Granite

astroglide
12-21-2005, 12:26 PM
alcohol doesn't make you do things you don't want to do. i've been hosed on all sorts of substances and i've never cheated on anybody, because i'm not the kind of guy that cheats on somebody.

Matt Flynn
12-21-2005, 01:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
alcohol doesn't make you do things you don't want to do. i've been hosed on all sorts of substances and i've never cheated on anybody, because i'm not the kind of guy that cheats on somebody.

[/ QUOTE ]

are halos heavy? just curious.

Shajen
12-21-2005, 01:34 PM
I agree with astro here.

Too many people use alcohol as an excuse to do whatever behavior they want.

And yes, halos are sometimes heavy. /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Gunny Highway
12-21-2005, 01:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. Cheating is wrong. But is the reason you don't because you don't want to or because it's wrong?

The reason most people don't cheat has nothing to do with not wanting to. If you're drunk and there's a hot chick giving you the [censored]-eye, part of you generally wants to. People don't cheat because they know it's wrong and/or they're scared to because their woman would bitch slap them and leave with all their [censored].

Therefore when they get drunk, they do what they want to instead of what morality and wisdom would dictate. More people should be like Astro and manage to not make this slip.

astroglide
12-21-2005, 02:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
are halos heavy? just curious.

[/ QUOTE ]

you're the one that's claiming to be superior matt, not me. i was just using his example to say that alcohol wasn't the reason, his choice was. i couldn't care less if he cheats on his gf.

B Dids
12-21-2005, 02:58 PM
I totally agree with astro here.

Alcohol/drugs don't make us different than ourselves, they just make us MORE of ourselves. If you're a dick drunk, you're probably a dick sober too...

12-21-2005, 02:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Way to make a sweeping generalization based on one data point.

Many guys have natural urges to cheat on chicks. When you're sober, restraint is relatively easy. When you're drunk, it's not. I can tell you from personal experience that every time I've cheated on a chick I've been drunk.

I'm not saying that drunkeness should be an excuse to cheat, but saying it isn't a factor is plain stupid.

B Dids
12-21-2005, 03:02 PM
Dude- you just agreed with exactly what astro is saying.

fyodor
12-21-2005, 03:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
If you're a dick drunk, you're probably a dick sober too...

[/ QUOTE ]

This is bad news for me

12-21-2005, 03:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Dude- you just agreed with exactly what astro is saying.

[/ QUOTE ]
Wrong. Astro's claim is that if you don't want to cheat, you won't cheat when you're drunk. Well, I never wanted to cheat on any of these chicks. It seems pretty clear that OP didn't in this case either. Had I (and I assume he) been sober, restraint would have exercised. However, drunk, I gave in to temptation. Nobody's denying responsibility for their actions, just saying that alcohol played a role.

uw_madtown
12-21-2005, 03:20 PM
Dids and astro, once again owning threads.

I've never, ever done something I regret when ultra-drunk. I've been ultra-drunk my share of times (I go to UW-Madison, so, there that is) and there's almost always some situation that lends itself to doing something I'd regret. Sure, it takes more restraint than normal, but not all that goddamn much.

Not condemning anyone who does something stupid while drunk, do what you want. But using alcohol as an "excuse" is pretty weak.

To the OP: This really depends on a few factors:

- How many people saw you?
- How likely is this office chick to spread this gossip around?
- How forgiving is your girlfriend?
- Have you ever cheated on a girlfriend before? (making out is cheating to me, to others it may not, that's not really worth arguing at the moment)

If it's a one-time incident that you will never repeat again, your girlfriend is unlikely to be forgiving, but she's also unlikely to find out without you telling her, then close any loose ends (talk to office chick to make clear it was a mistake, and that you'd appreciate if she kept her mouth shut) and move on.

If any of those don't apply, confess to your GF and hope for mercy. Unless you're not all that concerned about staying with her in the long run.

astroglide
12-21-2005, 03:57 PM
the kinds of opportunities that come up at drunken parties don't come around as often in everyday sober situations. this might be a factor in your assertion that you "never wanted to cheat." it's not about wanting to cheat anyway, it's about wanting to bang people.

i want to bang people too. i also want money, but getting drunk wouldn't suddenly make me willing to steal it. getting drunk is about as likely to make me steal as it is to make me eat a live octopus. if i did either of those things it would mean that on some level i either thought it was a fair idea, or that the reward was worth the risk. i don't have to exercise restraint to not steal. i don't have to really exercise restraint to not cheat either, but that's just because of how i see it. many people don't, and that's fine. i can certainly understand how it's not as clear cut as theft. that's the reason though, not drinking.

razor
12-21-2005, 04:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I just got boozed up and did what was natural.

[/ QUOTE ]

If this is true, I don't see what the problem is.

Gunny Highway
12-21-2005, 04:23 PM
The really unfortunate thing in all this is that as long as you were cheating you didn't go ahead and throw her [censored] down across the copier and bang away.

private joker
12-21-2005, 05:23 PM
I think you screwed up, but there's an okay solution. Obviously it does nobody any good for the girlfriend to find out about this, and it does you no good to continue hooking up with the work girl.

So the next time you see the girl at work, just go up and tell her "Hey, I had a really fun time with you at the party, you were really cool. And now I'm definitely looking forward to the company picnic next summer!" Then laugh it off and move on. Chances are she just wanted to get drunk and hook up too, so it's not like she's expecting you to cheat on your girlfriend permanently and start dating her. Just acknowledge it, don't be gross or cowardly, and move on.