PDA

View Full Version : And the winner is?

rkiray
07-24-2003, 01:48 PM
Paradise 3/6, fairly loose, 38% seeing the flop.

I'm the co with A /forums/images/icons/spade.gif 9 /forums/images/icons/spade.gif

1 MP limps, I limp, sb completes, bb checks.

Flop : K /forums/images/icons/spade.gif 3 /forums/images/icons/spade.gif T /forums/images/icons/heart.gif

Checked to MP who bets, I raise, sb calls, BB folds, MP calls.

I know both of the guys still in. SB I have 313 hands on and he is very loose (46% of flops) but average on aggression (17% bet/raise). His major weakness is he chases way too much. But he folds on river when he doesn't get there. If he bets or raises on the river he's got a good hand. MP I have 750 hands against and he is loose and passive (34, 12) for some reason I haven't dug through the hand histories to take notes on his play (probably because he's easy to play against).

Turn : [A /forums/images/icons/diamond.gif K /forums/images/icons/spade.gif 3 /forums/images/icons/spade.gif T /forums/images/icons/heart.gif ]

sb bets, MP raises, I call, sb calls. I've got top pair, plus the pot is laying me 4:1 so I have the odds for the flush draw. Definitely I need to call. Anyone raise here?

River : 3 /forums/images/icons/diamond.gif [A /forums/images/icons/diamond.gif K /forums/images/icons/spade.gif 3 /forums/images/icons/spade.gif T /forums/images/icons/heart.gif ]

Checked to me, I bet, both called. Who won?

onegymrat
07-24-2003, 01:56 PM
MP has A-10?

rkiray
07-24-2003, 07:19 PM
I just noticed that the card suit symbols have disappeared from my post after the upgrade. So I am reposting to fix the problem. Also, the little suit cards are down there, but they don't work. They come out like the face to the left of the spade.

Paradise 3/6, fairly loose, 38% seeing the flop.

I'm the co with Asp 9sp

1 MP limps, I limp, sb completes, bb checks.

Flop : K sp 3 sp Th

Checked to MP who bets, I raise, sb calls, BB folds, MP calls.

I know both of the guys still in. SB I have 313 hands on and he is very loose (46% of flops) but average on aggression (17% bet/raise). His major weakness is he chases way too much. But he folds on river when he doesn't get there. If he bets or raises on the river he's got a good hand. MP I have 750 hands against and he is loose and passive (34, 12) for some reason I haven't dug through the hand histories to take notes on his play (probably because he's easy to play against).

Turn : [Ad Ksp 3sp Th ]

sb bets, MP raises, I call, sb calls. I've got top pair, plus the pot is laying me 4:1 so I have the odds for the flush draw. Definitely I need to call. Anyone raise here?

River : 3d [Ad Ksp 3sp Th ]

Checked to me, I bet, both called. Who won?

lil'
07-24-2003, 10:22 PM
Raise pre-flop!!!!!!!!

rkiray
07-25-2003, 10:35 AM
Yeah,

You are correct. Seems obvious now. I've stated several times that one of the weaknesses of my game is that I don't raise enough preflop. Rigolleto was the first person to point that out. This is a prime example.

The funny thing is a couple of hours after I wrote the post, I was thinking about something else and suddenly a huge thought jumped out of my head, "Why didn't you raise preflop?" I guess my subconscious must have been chewing on the problem. It really bugs me that I didn't think about it while writing up the hand.

rkiray
07-25-2003, 01:47 PM
Very close. MP won with AKo. The blind had A2s. So all the As were out. Well the database had MP pegged. He's definitely passive. I think the only street he played correctly was the turn. No wonder I like playing against this guy. Of course if he would have raised preflop I would have saved a bunch of money by folding.