PDA

View Full Version : Nip/Tuck Season Finale

kurosh
12-20-2005, 11:24 PM
Season finale now. My favorite show! Although it's been going downhill lately.

Poor Kimber /images/graemlins/frown.gif

surfinillini
12-20-2005, 11:45 PM
post a trip report

too lazy to watch the finale

kurosh
12-20-2005, 11:58 PM
Ok, wtf. Quentin has no penis? I thought they had a 4-some?

mason55
12-20-2005, 11:59 PM
AH [censored] I MISSED THIS?!!?!

Thank god for TVTAD.

hicherbie
12-21-2005, 01:18 AM
yeah wtf
i thought he pounded that army dude in the office.

somebody who watched while NOT playing plz explain.

lightw1thoutheat
12-21-2005, 01:59 AM
quentin got kicked out of the 4 some for grabbing christians ass i believe. then he took it from the sgt.

BIG SPOILER ALERT!! dont read below if you dont want to know the ending

turns out quentin was the carver, and the cop/kit played by rhona mitra was his sister. both had serious birth defects from being inbred i believe. quentin was born w/o a penis and the girl had some sort of facial deformity. quentin went to med school to fix her face. after we think quentin is not the carver, since he is brought in sliced up, he ties up sean and christian and cuts off part of sean's pinkey. he then makes christian cut off his hand to save sean's life. but just as christian is about to, the carver is shot by the cop, who we later learn is his sister. she later takes him out of the bodybag and we realize that he had one of those movie scene gunshot up things. (cant think of the word now, but an explosive cap with blood to fake the shooting)

at the end we see quentin and kit in spain.
also, sean and julia seem to be back together as she agrees to move back in.
lastly, matt befriended the transexual he assualted previously. his ex ariel finds out. her dad ties matt and the transexual up (sorry i dont remember the name)in a very pulp fiction kind of way. he tells them that one of them is going to lose their penis. he was going to cut off matts, but then decides to let matt do it, to either himself or the other. matt does it to the transsexual, when she offers to let it be done to her. cut to matt shoveling dirt on the transsexual in a grave with a gun to his head. he then tells the dad that he wont go any further and that he doesnt care if he is killed. why matt distracted the dad, the transexual hits the dad in the head with a shovel, then she shoots him.

whew, sorry i know i was rambling, but its late and im a bit tired.

you can pm me with q's

light

surfinillini
12-21-2005, 10:55 PM
nice synopsis...

on a [censored] up scale, how [censored] up was this season?

EricW
12-21-2005, 11:54 PM
If by [censored] up you mean jumping the shark, then yes, it was REALLY [censored] up.

POTENTIAL SPOILERS AHEAD!!!!

This season hasn't been nearly as good as the previous ones. I was really looking foward to the carver finale but damn, the finale just insulted my intelligence. I know you have to suspend disbelief for this show, but the ending asked you to reject all logic.

surfinillini
12-21-2005, 11:57 PM
i always thought it would be funny if the drug lord dude was the carver

12-22-2005, 12:46 AM
i said all along: quentin makes the most sense, but its too obvious. maybe its ariel's dad.....and i was completely wrong. I thought nip/tuck would have a bigger twist than this.

Skip Brutale
12-22-2005, 12:54 AM
I dont watch tv because well I dont. But I rented part of season 1 at blockbuster and was like this show is pretty sweet! Now I watch it when I'm flipping. Suhweet!

lightw1thoutheat
12-22-2005, 01:20 AM
this season seemed to be kinda f'd up for that purpose only.

the last episode really creeped me out at a few points.

i really wish that eva (famke) wouldve been the carver, instead of the soap opera type ending that the season had.

EricW
12-22-2005, 05:41 AM
[ QUOTE ]
i said all along: quentin makes the most sense, but its too obvious. maybe its ariel's dad.....and i was completely wrong. I thought nip/tuck would have a bigger twist than this.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not only was it obvious, how it tied in together was just stupid.

1. So we're supposed to believe that the Miami PD is so inept they need to bring in a detective from another country. They can't bring in someone else from the U.S. either. Ok that's fine. I can suspend my disbelief.

But now we're supposed to believe that she also ends up as the bad guy's secret sister who's helping him commit these crimes. Out of so many detectives they could have sent, she happens to be the one... riiiiight.

But oh wait, at the end where they're in Spain, she doesn't have the english accent anymore. OK??? So does that mean she's not really from Scotland yard and she fooled everyone this entire time? But wait a second, why would the Miami PD give her all the clearance, the resources, and the command over the PD? Well simple of course, these guys are the same guys who can't do their own crime solving themselves...

2. Speaking of coincidences, the one plastic surgeon that our heros contact to repair Sean's face after his attack just so happens to be the carver as well!!! OMG that is sooooo L337!!!!

3. Beauty is a curse on the world... that's why this carver guy is a plastic surgeon in his spare time. Not only that, he's a FAMOUS plastic surgeon who's done numerous surgeries in Atlanta. As Christian said last season about Costa: "He's the best facial reconstructive surgeon."

As well, since beauty is such a curse on the world, let's make our sister extremely hot with all the fixins such as fake breasts. Makes sense to me!

4. So Quentin captures his arch-enemies. This guys have treated him like [censored]. Not only that, they perpetuate this curse of beauty on the world. So he's not really going to do anything to them as evidenced by the fact that he gets Kit to show up exactly before he gets to inflict any major damage to his enemies.

5. On a related note, the doctors, Sean and Christian wouldn't think to check if he's dead. The police who come in don't check either. The coroner also doesn't notice that he's alive. In fact, this guy is laying there for a LOOOONG time and one notices that he's breathing. He probably even let out a few farts during this time but no one questions it.

6. So Quentin has no penis... right. That's totally consistent with other aspects of the show. Such as the time when Julia and him were dating not so long ago. And not so long ago, he was in his boxers spooning with Julia in a hot tub. I guess she doesn't suspect anything is wrong when her ass is pressed up against his groin area yet there's no budge, nothing.

Boy, that was the biggest pile of [censored] I've ever sat through.

B Dids
12-22-2005, 11:46 AM
I watched like the last 6 eps of the season because people said it was good.

It's not, it's horrible, I've discussed this already.

However, I wanted to know who the Carver was so I stayed up till [censored] midnight watching that crap.

That's a storyline that makes most of the most hackish comic book writing look amazing. Just cliche and dumb and totally motivated by shock value and ignoring logic and just crushing my ability to suspend disbelief.