PDA

View Full Version : Stud8 - Day 6, Hand 2: Bring-in picks up kings on 4th

Aaron W.
12-20-2005, 10:25 PM
I played this hand weakly because I wasn't so happy with both low players picking up an ace. Is this conservative fold too tight?

7 Card Stud High-Low ($0.25/$0.50), Ante $0.05, Bring-In $0.10 (converter (http://j.1asphost.com/greenage))

3rd Street - (1.40 SB)

Seat 1: xx xx 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___calls
Hero: K/images/graemlins/club.gif 8/images/graemlins/club.gif 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif___brings-in
Seat 3: xx xx T/images/graemlins/club.gif___folds
Seat 4: xx xx 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif___folds
Seat 5: xx xx 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___folds
Seat 6: xx xx 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___calls
Seat 7: xx xx 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif___calls

4th Street - (3.00 SB)

Seat 1: xx xx 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif A/images/graemlins/club.gif___bets
Hero: K/images/graemlins/club.gif 8/images/graemlins/club.gif 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif K/images/graemlins/heart.gif___folds
Seat 6: xx xx 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif___calls
Seat 7: xx xx 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif A/images/graemlins/heart.gif___calls

Andy B
12-20-2005, 10:26 PM
I think folding is best.

mscags
12-21-2005, 04:04 AM
Nice fold

imported_getfunky
12-21-2005, 08:56 PM
very good discipline! this is a situation that a lot of players lose money with - they wouldn't have played their hand in the first place, but are stiffed in and then catch just enough to trap themselves for several bets. the suited ace is too dangerous to continue with cowboys, not to mention with the other player catching an ace- even if the ace didn't pair them your likely playing to split, and maybe up against a flush draw,- even if you had raised with kings, this is a routine fold, but here with the tiny pot-cya!