PDA

View Full Version : Leak Check: Easy Call or Big Leak?

Snarf
12-20-2005, 09:52 PM
PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t150 (7 handed)

converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

BB (t1760)
UTG (t2645)
MP1 (t1310)
MP2 (t995)
CO (t1805)
Hero (t4715)
SB (t1770)

Preflop: Hero is Button with 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, CO calls t150, Hero calls t150, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (t600) 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets t150</font>, BB calls t150, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises to t1655</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to t3160</font>, SB folds, BB folds.

How do you judge the FLOP play?

Read: Villian is solid.

Femto
12-20-2005, 10:04 PM
It's not awful, but CO could easily be on a better flush draw. It's probably better to use your big stack to bully people around and steal blinds, not potentially lose half of it on a drawing hand

pineapple888
12-20-2005, 10:06 PM
Looks good to me. You'll often have 14 outs twice, with a nice overlay from dead chips in the middle.

pineapple888
12-20-2005, 10:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
It's not awful, but CO could easily be on a better flush draw. It's probably better to use your big stack to bully people around and steal blinds, not potentially lose half of it on a drawing hand

[/ QUOTE ]

With your pair, you're ahead of any other flush draw.

Snarf
12-20-2005, 10:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I probably wouldn't have called if I didn't consider that possibility there...

Curious piney....does your answer change if the guy SHOWS top pair?

pineapple888
12-21-2005, 03:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I probably wouldn't have called if I didn't consider that possibility there...

Curious piney....does your answer change if the guy SHOWS top pair?

[/ QUOTE ]

My answer does not change. Even if Villain has 98, which kills three of Hero's outs, there is still enough dead money in the middle to justify the call.

11t
12-21-2005, 03:17 PM
I would think that your stack is big enough that taking this risk (most likely a coin flip) is unnecessary.

pineapple888
12-21-2005, 03:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I would think that your stack is big enough that taking this risk (most likely a coin flip) is unnecessary.

[/ QUOTE ]

My stack is big enough when I have all the chips, and it's a coin flip with a huge overlay.

12-21-2005, 03:57 PM
1655 to call, Villain's 1655 + 900 in dead money.

That 1.55:1

2:1 to make a Flush

Also have outs to a set, two pair or runner runner straight.

Pair could even be good if Villain is on a draw with overcards.

I don't think Villain flopped a set, as a middle pair would've raised and been happy to steal the blinds. Same for a hand like A9.

I'm guessing he slowplayed a big pair and freaked when he saw all the draws on the flop or he's on a draw himself and is semi-bluffing?

My gut instince was to fold until I started adding stuff up. With your chiplead, I say Call. The pot odds are good enough to hitting an out or finding out that he's stealing with crap.

Snarf
12-22-2005, 12:28 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

My stack is big enough when I have all the chips, and it's a coin flip with a huge overlay.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is exactly why I called....defintely I'd call in a cash game in a heartbeat in this spot...

Didn't know if I was leaking big-time here - 'cuz right now I'll call almost every time in this spot. (esp with this chip stack)

I'm not swayed though. Ultimately, its a +EV play. Can't pass this up w/the overlay.

I'm with you on this one Pineapple- thanks for the help.

Curius: under what table condition Piney would you fold there? Say you were outclassed at the table and would have a hard time re-accumulating chips if you lost this flip...

pineapple888
12-22-2005, 02:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Curius: under what table condition Piney would you fold there? Say you were outclassed at the table and would have a hard time re-accumulating chips if you lost this flip...

[/ QUOTE ]

Outclassed? I'm afraid I have a sample size of zero there. /images/graemlins/laugh.gif /images/graemlins/laugh.gif /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

But really, why would this matter anyway? It's a +EV situation now, regardless of what happens later.

Getting weak/tight and trying to "fold into the money" is generally a huge leak. There's nothing that makes me happier as a medium stack than a passive big stack.

Snarf
12-22-2005, 06:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Getting weak/tight and trying to "fold into the money" is generally a huge leak. There's nothing that makes me happier as a medium stack than a passive big stack.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks Piney. Lots of help.