PDA

View Full Version : Losing streak has ended! (I hope) :) :) :)

thwang99
07-24-2003, 02:08 AM
Just played this hand at a 5/10 table.

I post with 22. EP raises to $10, I call as do about 5 or so others.

Flop 299, two diamonds! YIPEEEE.

UTG bets, I just call (should I raise here?) someone raises, and someone else 3bets. I should have capped here.

Turn a 299 5d. Bet call calls, I raise, better reraises to $30, I call now fearing a 95 or 92, as better was in the blinds, forgot which one.

River comes a sweet 2!!!! Better bets, someone else raises, better cusses, I reraise to $30, better folds, other person CAPS it. I'm thinking DAMN, 99? I fold in my losing streak mentality. He shows Q9o and takes down a $330+ pot or so!

Anyways, hopefully my losing streak has ended. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

- Tony (true story 'cept for 1 action)

slavic
07-24-2003, 02:22 AM
Even I wouldn't muck Quad 2's

RockLobster
07-24-2003, 09:20 AM
How do you know when your thinking has been affected by a monster losing streak?

I call now fearing a 95 or 92, as better was in the blinds, forgot which one.

(There was a PF raise).

I'm not making fun, I'm being serious. Your outlook can become pretty twisted after being smacked around for an extended period of time.

Congrats on breaking out of the bad streak!

thwang99
07-24-2003, 02:28 PM
The blind wasn't the one that raised PF. I was also fearing 55, which would now beat me and is a very possible holding. Though I now know he had a flush. But yes, I REALLY should have capped it, that's what the losing streak mentality makes you do.

BTW, I didn't fold on the river, that part was a joke. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

- Tony

Uston
07-24-2003, 02:50 PM
If it means you'll no longer be spamming the forums with bad beat stories then I, too, hope your losing streak has ended.

RockLobster
07-24-2003, 02:59 PM
Hey Tony--

Though I now know he had a flush. But yes, I REALLY should have capped it, that's what the losing streak mentality makes you do.

I totally understand. Skills that are 2nd nature when you're running good end up being tough decisions when you're running bad. I've had some pretty bad streaks as well, but (so far) the worst has only been about 2 weeks.

BTW, I didn't fold on the river, that part was a joke.

Oh, I knew that! Your thinking hasn't become THAT twisted!

Take care--