PDA

View Full Version : Superhuman Powers

12-20-2005, 08:47 PM
Alright, you get the power for a week, and what would you do with it?

xorbie
12-20-2005, 08:48 PM
Flying. I would fly.

miajag81
12-20-2005, 08:49 PM
Invisibility...re-enact the Rhona Mitra scene from Hollow Man.

(kidding, miajag81 is not a rapist)

PoBoy321
12-20-2005, 08:49 PM
Invisibility. You can always get on a plane, and if you were invisible, you could sneak on pretty easily.

Go Blue
12-20-2005, 08:50 PM
I don't like this poll. It's missing a lot of good stuff. I would take teleportation over anything else, without a doubt.

dblgutshot
12-20-2005, 08:51 PM
What would be the best way to make a lot of money to live on for the rest of my life?

12-20-2005, 08:52 PM
Invisibility, I'd screw every hot chick i knew and they'd never knew what hit them

12-20-2005, 08:53 PM
make a new one then Go Blue

YourFoxyGrandma
12-20-2005, 08:53 PM
It's pretty close between invisiblity and flying, though I went with invisibility for a few reasons. Actually, just the girls showering.

man
12-20-2005, 08:58 PM
I'd like to fly. chicks dig guys who can fly.

Jeebus
12-20-2005, 08:59 PM
why is the ability to regenerate like wolverine not on there? There are so many things I'd like to do if I just knew that there was a 99% certainty that I wouldn't die.

Sightless
12-20-2005, 08:59 PM
X-ray vision and go play some cards :/

12-20-2005, 09:00 PM
x-ray vision id see everyone naked

YourFoxyGrandma
12-20-2005, 09:03 PM
More like see everyone's bones and organs.

Ringo_Mojo
12-20-2005, 09:05 PM
Any of the powers on this list would get you money and/or laid. So I choose Super-human strength because as a friend of mine pointed out, there's very few positive things you can do with invisibility. I mean after you stole a bunch of money and watched Kiera Knightly in the shower what would you do?

Cry Me A River
12-20-2005, 09:08 PM
Immortality beats them all.

Particularly since anyplace super powers work, immortality gives you plenty of time to pick up new powers (find glowing meteors, ingest weird chemical concotions, hunt for magical/alien artifacts, learn obscure magical lore, etc)

If we're only getting the power for a week, immortality gives you the opportunity to do some crazily dangerous [censored] in the pursuit of more permanent super powers (glowing rocks and whatnot).

Alternately, "super-genius" also gives you the opportunity (even in a week) to come up with some long term super powers, even if just in the realm of super-science gadgets, weapons, armor, etc...

Piiop
12-20-2005, 09:11 PM
Where is the "Jesus" option?

toss
12-20-2005, 09:14 PM
Flying. You know because flying would be such an awesome experience.

12-20-2005, 09:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Youd have a choice on how deep you scan. Its a super power you know.

YourFoxyGrandma
12-20-2005, 09:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Any of the powers on this list would get you money and/or laid. So I choose Super-human strength because as a friend of mine pointed out, there's very few positive things you can do with invisibility. I mean after you stole a bunch of money and watched Kiera Knightly in the shower what would you do?

[/ QUOTE ]

Absolutely nothing.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You make a good point.

Sooga
12-20-2005, 09:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Phil Hellmuth can see inside people's souls.

nothumb
12-20-2005, 09:40 PM
Of those listed, I think invisibility and flight are head and shoulders above the rest. Given any super power in the world I would definitely choose a regeneration or immortality type power, with shapeshifting a close second.

NT

dblgutshot
12-20-2005, 09:44 PM
Given any super power, I think teleportation or mind control is by far the best choice.

If I only had these powers for one week, I would be concentrating on amassing a fortune in a way that wouldn't require too much hiding post-powers.

I think flight would be very overrated.

12-20-2005, 09:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Immortality beats them all.

[/ QUOTE ]

Call me a cynic, but when the Earth is eventually destroyed, you're going to enjoy tumbling through space cold & alone for all of eternity.

stillbr
12-20-2005, 09:47 PM
I chose invisibility and I would watch a whole lot of people have sex.

imported_CaseClosed326
12-20-2005, 09:49 PM
I am confused, are you a gimmick account?

mostsmooth
12-20-2005, 09:49 PM
invisibility, ainec

12-20-2005, 09:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I am confused, are you a gimmick account?

[/ QUOTE ]

What's the difference? We're all just going to live short, miserable lives and then die anyway.

Unoriginalname
12-20-2005, 10:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
What would be the best way to make a lot of money to live on for the rest of my life?

[/ QUOTE ]

This was what I was trying to figure out. Which one would make me a quick, large, sum of money.

Tilt
12-20-2005, 10:08 PM
I would take X-ray vision. I would schedule my power to coincide with the WSOP ME. I would dominate, cause I would know everyone's hole cards AND I would know what cards were coming next.

12-20-2005, 10:19 PM
The ability to grow my fingernails.
http://z.about.com/d/animatedtv/1/0/Y/K/familyGuy_Meg_single1_72.jpg

Skip Brutale
12-20-2005, 10:19 PM
If I was invisible I could travel around raping and pillaging and never get murdered. The witnesses would merely see blood floating through the air. Or perhaps I would wear their skin, hah, that is one way to be seen when you are invisible.

Blarg
12-20-2005, 10:24 PM
Nothing would be as fun as flying. I had another flying dream last night. Damn those are great.

Invisibility to get rich. But it sure would help to have an invisible satchel so people didn't see money rise up and start floating out of the bank.

LondonBroil
12-20-2005, 11:14 PM
I'm the only one who voted for throwing fire?! Come on people! It's fire, AND YOU CAN THROW IT!

BCPVP
12-20-2005, 11:23 PM
People choosing invisibility just because they can watch people naked must not know what the greatest thing about the internet is...

Flying is obviously superior.

dstraff1
12-20-2005, 11:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I don't like this poll. It's missing a lot of good stuff. I would take teleportation over anything else, without a doubt.

[/ QUOTE ]

word. Nightcrawler has by far the coolest superhuman power

dblgutshot
12-20-2005, 11:35 PM
So you guys choosing flying, you are just pretty much gonna have a good time flying around for a week right?

I think flying would get pretty boring pretty quick, also it would be damn cold.

Blarg
12-20-2005, 11:50 PM
I don't think flying would ever get boring.

xorbie
12-20-2005, 11:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

neither do i. you could go wherever, whenever. and you get to [censored] fly.

TheMainEvent
12-20-2005, 11:55 PM
I would think that Invisibility and X-Ray vision would be the only two that wouldn't result in gunships hunting you down. I don't see any real advantage to X-Ray vision over invisibility.

dblgutshot
12-20-2005, 11:58 PM
Wouldn't it suck if you finally got your superpower for 1 week, but you could only fly at a max speed of like 2 miles/hr.

SteamingFish
12-21-2005, 12:00 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Amen.

Invisibility is cool, but you still have to walk around in the cold completely naked just hoping to find people having sex. I would fly over the Playboy mansion and impress some bunnies (and then fly into a telephone pole by accident and make an ass of myself).

dblgutshot
12-21-2005, 12:05 AM
[ QUOTE ]
(and then fly into a telephone pole by accident and make an ass of myself).

[/ QUOTE ]

"Hey, I just learned to fly yesterday!"
-laughs
-drinking
-flying sex

TheMainEvent
12-21-2005, 12:05 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Amen.

Invisibility is cool, but you still have to walk around in the cold completely naked just hoping to find people having sex. I would fly over the Playboy mansion and impress some bunnies (and then fly into a telephone pole by accident and make an ass of myself).

[/ QUOTE ]

Who would you rather be, Superman or Ghost Dad? I rest my case.

jaxUp
12-21-2005, 12:06 AM
[ QUOTE ]
mind control

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this is by far the best choice (even though it wasn't a choice). It allows for banging hot chicks and making money, which seem to be the 2 key issues here. I can't see why everybody who chose invisibility to see naked chicks wouldn't choose this

TheMainEvent
12-21-2005, 12:09 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
mind control

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this is by far the best choice (even though it wasn't a choice). It allows for banging hot chicks and making money, which seem to be the 2 key issues here. I can't see why everybody who chose invisibility to see naked chicks wouldn't choose this

[/ QUOTE ]

Because we're perverts, not psychopaths

12-21-2005, 12:13 AM
[ QUOTE ]
X-ray vision and go play some cards :/

[/ QUOTE ]

vnh

would this work on pp?

AceHigh
12-21-2005, 12:38 AM
Flying.

Then report to your local NBA team, throw down on everybody, get signed for mega $$$$, pretend to blow out your knee and negotiate a buyout for the team. I'm mean they have to give you huge dollars when you are dunking on Duncan and rejecting Shaq right?

dblgutshot
12-21-2005, 12:41 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
mind control

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, but hot chicks and $$$ are just the tip of the iceberg with mind control. Personally, I would take over the world or at least a powerful country and find a way to make the rest of the world be happy I'm leaving them alone after 1 week when I actually lose my powers. Also need a good plan to stay in power.

dblgutshot
12-21-2005, 12:44 AM
xray vision for 1 week and you pick poker? I think that is a pretty bad choice, but I can't think of what would be the best choice. I think just plain old high limit blackjack would be okay. Or maybe "deal or no deal"

Go Blue
12-21-2005, 12:50 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

word. Nightcrawler has by far the coolest superhuman power

[/ QUOTE ]

That's exactly it. My appreciation for teleportation came after watching X-men, and also playing the arcade game. In the game, Nightcrawler's mutant power was by far the best one. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Oh and IlliniLou, I'd make a new poll, but I don't want to hijack this thread.

LesJ
12-21-2005, 01:39 AM
X-Ray vision and it isnt even close. Not only would I be continuously happy looking at the ladies, but I could also earn a bundle sitting at oval tables in a neat town in Nevada for the week. Talk about being able to "read" you opposition!
Les

ilya
12-21-2005, 01:41 AM
You just can't include invisibility in this kind of poll if you want it to be any kind of real contest.

12-21-2005, 02:30 AM
Forgive me:

In the old Legion of Super-Hero comics, there was a villain named the Nemesis Kid who could copy any other power, maximum one at a time. Also, Firestorm's power of matter manipulation/transformation seemed pretty cool.

Piz0wn0reD!!!!!!
12-21-2005, 02:44 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Where is the "Jesus" option?

[/ QUOTE ]

rofl

FoxwoodsFiend
12-21-2005, 02:51 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Teleportation=the ability to kill yourself and be replaced by some incredible fascimile.