PDA

View Full Version : Guys who go to tanning salons

Ulysses
12-20-2005, 06:55 PM
Do any straight guys do this? I mean, outside of guys in Jersey.

12-20-2005, 06:56 PM
No, unless you're a pro bodybuilder, it's gay.

sublime
12-20-2005, 06:56 PM
i do. very vain individual /images/graemlins/frown.gif

Ulysses
12-20-2005, 07:03 PM
sublime,

Just curious, have you also had any laser hair removal done?

Oski
12-20-2005, 07:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

We have two Canadian men at my law firm. Both talk about going tanning*. No other men at our firm tan (as far as I know). By the way, both of these dudes are 300+ pounders, and not in a good way. (50+ inch waists).

* For some reason, they both just brought it up one day at lunch.

So, maybe its a Canadian thing ... too.

sublime
12-20-2005, 07:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
sublime,

[/ QUOTE ]

no, but when i was in shape i used to get my chest and back waxed.

Voltron87
12-20-2005, 07:10 PM
i nearly had to get a spray on tan as part of a prop bet, but in the final showdown i was smart enough to throw paper and wrap up my opponents rock.

chuddo
12-20-2005, 07:10 PM
el diablo,

yes.

tanfully yours,
chuddo

mrkilla
12-20-2005, 07:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I mean, outside of guys in Jersey.

[/ QUOTE ]

You forogt the "metrosexual's" in NYC , but there border line straight

slickpoppa
12-20-2005, 07:18 PM
I did this a couple of times before I went on spring break in Miami. I am straight, but from New Jersey.

12-20-2005, 07:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
el diablo,

yes.

tanfully yours,
guids

[/ QUOTE ]

12-20-2005, 07:21 PM
Yes, but they also listen to John Mayer

MonkeeMan
12-20-2005, 07:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

El Diablo,

It might seem that way, but guys in Jersey tan naturally from the toxic wastes.

Informatively,
B2L

TheBlueMonster
12-20-2005, 07:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
pro bodybuilders are pretty gay .

[/ QUOTE ]
fyp

Jeebus
12-20-2005, 07:27 PM
been once, probably go again soon. Just gotta do it gradual so i don't magically become tan.

12-20-2005, 07:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
So, maybe its a Canadian thing ... too.

[/ QUOTE ]

Absolutely not.

DoomSlice
12-20-2005, 07:28 PM
I have for the past month so I don't get a deadly burn when I go to Aruba in a few days. I've seen a surprising number of dudes in there... and most of em look straight and non-metrosexual.

siccjay
12-20-2005, 07:32 PM
I have lots of friends who go and are not gay. Some are semi metro and some are not. I have never been, but I will be buying a cheap tanning bed when I get my own place.

pokerdirty
12-20-2005, 07:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
sublime,

[/ QUOTE ]

no, but when i was in shape i used to get my chest and back waxed.

[/ QUOTE ]

gay? or bi?

/images/graemlins/heart.gif

Ulysses
12-20-2005, 07:34 PM
Guys,

I find these responses disturbing and weird.

Sponger15SB
12-20-2005, 07:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
but I will be buying a cheap tanning bed when I get my own place.

[/ QUOTE ]

wtf? people actually buy tanning beds for their home?

[censored]
12-20-2005, 07:37 PM
I've thought about it before but I worry to much about the potential health and aging effects it can have. Perhaps there are ways to negate such things.

Also I think if going to a tanning salon is gay then you have to put laying out in the sun for the purposes of getting tan in there as well.

Vote4Pedro
12-20-2005, 07:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Also I think if going to a tanning salon is gay then you have to put laying out in the sun for the purposes of getting tan in there as well.

[/ QUOTE ]

deacsoft
12-20-2005, 07:42 PM
I don't go to salons anymore but I am buying one for my house. I have S.A.D. (seasonal affective disorder) and bright, warm lights are used to treat it. heat lamps are the most common treatment but with the tanning bed I feel better durring the colder months and my girlfriend gets to keep her tan all year round. It's win win. Plus I don't need to explain to guests why there's a huge heat lamp(s). Anyone who sees a tanning bed isn't going to ask what it's for.

12-20-2005, 07:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I've thought about it before but I worry to much about the potential health and aging effects it can have. Perhaps there are ways to negate such things.

[/ QUOTE ]

IMO if you dont do it excessively, maybe once every couple of weeks, during a long sunless winter, it may have some health benefits?????? Either way, its a good relaxing twenty minutes, and most importantly chicks dig it.

lapoker17
12-20-2005, 07:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I have S.A.D. (seasonal affective disorder) and bright, warm lights are used to treat it.

[/ QUOTE ]

um, me too.

12-20-2005, 07:53 PM
Straight guys do it, but they are generally more susceptible to catching the gay disease

[censored]
12-20-2005, 07:59 PM
Also I think men who are better looking would be more gay for tanning than those who are not as good looking. There's a scale involved but it's difficult to put in forum form.

Basically a guy who is say a 6 looks wise stands to benefit much more from tanning which may bring him up to a 7 resulting in banging more chicks than say a guy who is already an 8 or 9 because tanning will only have a slight effect and not result in more banging. Thus it is more likely gay motivated.

sublime
12-20-2005, 08:01 PM
Basically a guy who is say a 6 looks wise stands to benefit much more from tanning which may bring him up to a 7 resulting in banging more chicks than say a guy who is already an 8 or 9 because tanning will only have a slight effect and not result in more banging. Thus it is more likely gay motivated.

There can always be more banging. always.

BWebb
12-20-2005, 08:10 PM
ElD,

After making the following post, I decided to go for it. Tanning (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=0&Board=exchange&Number=3419284&S earchpage=1&Main=3419284&Words=tanning+BWebb&topic =&Search=true#Post3419284) I am not gay but I am very pale. It has only been a couple of weeks, but I'm happy with the results.

Baking,
BWebb

Luv2DriveTT
12-20-2005, 08:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I mean, outside of guys in Jersey.

[/ QUOTE ]

You forgot the "metrosexual's" in NYC , but there border line straight

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey... I resemble that remark, except I haven't tanned in over a year. For the record I only did it to look normal, my skin is rather pasty white... I can look sickly at times if I don't see enough sunlight.

TT /images/graemlins/club.gif

siccjay
12-20-2005, 08:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
but I will be buying a cheap tanning bed when I get my own place.

[/ QUOTE ]

wtf? people actually buy tanning beds for their home?

[/ QUOTE ]

I would rather buy my own then pay to use one that is used by 1,000's of people.

Plus, it will bring a couple more bitches to my home, which is never bad.

Mr_J
12-20-2005, 08:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Also I think men who are better looking would be more gay for tanning than those who are not as good looking.

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree. I think the better we look, the more likely we are to this kind of stuff. Maybe because because if you look good, looking good is moe important to you?? Generally speaking of course.

Mr_J
12-20-2005, 08:18 PM
Tanning salons are really bad fo your skin, so if you'e into that sort of thing stick to the bottles. Na I'm not into this (australia + southern euro genes /images/graemlins/wink.gif) but it's always on the tv.

lu_hawk
12-20-2005, 08:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Wait, you mean most guys don't go tanning?

dblgutshot
12-20-2005, 08:32 PM
I really can't imagine any guy, gay or not, going to the tanning salon. What is wrong with people?

sublime
12-20-2005, 08:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I really can't imagine any guy, gay or not, going to the tanning salon. What is wrong with people?

[/ QUOTE ]

you cant imagine a guy wanting to look a little bit better?

why do you get a haircut?

tom441lbk
12-20-2005, 08:35 PM
If I didn't have an outside job where I can work without a shirt some of the time, I would probably go tanning,I probably will start soon, I don't really know, the girls like the tan, so it has to be +ep

siccjay
12-20-2005, 08:37 PM
Tanning Bashers,

Chicks dig a tan on guys. It is winter and you can't go out and get a tan. What seems to be the big problem with tanning? If the reason to go tanning is to get more pussy, then why is it "gay?"

chuddo
12-20-2005, 08:37 PM
just got in from tanning.

some guy there invited me to go to the men's ice skating championship tonight.

i figure i will go to show off my new sweet tan to everyone. have a good night!

JaBlue
12-20-2005, 08:39 PM
I am naturally rather dark-skinned and tan easily so I do not go. If I were a pasty [censored] I still wouldn't consider it. None of my guy friends do it either, and one of them is gay. But he's filipino.

[censored]
12-20-2005, 08:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Tanning Bashers,

Chicks dig a tan on guys. It is winter and you can't go out and get a tan. What seems to be the big problem with tanning? If the reason to go tanning is to get more pussy, then why is it "gay?"

[/ QUOTE ]

Its basically the difference between a movie star and a rock star. Both get lots of pussy, but there is a difference. Which do you think is most likely to go tanning?

nolanfan34
12-20-2005, 08:43 PM
Diablo,

I'm not even going to read this thread. Guys using tanning beds is [censored] gay.

Sincerely,

white and pale nolanfan

BWebb
12-20-2005, 08:49 PM
I don't how tanning can be gay. Guys get haircuts, buy nice clothes, shave, tan, etc. mostly to get the ladies. If it helps in that regard, go for it. This gay stereotype stuff is just immature, IMO.

man
12-20-2005, 08:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
have you heard the term "metrosexual"? lots of straight guys do this. they also get manicures and wax their chests. don't you get a lot of this kind of thing in san fran?

Luv2DriveTT
12-20-2005, 08:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
have you heard the term "metrosexual"? lots of straight guys do this. they also get manicures and wax their chests. don't you get a lot of this kind of thing in san fran?

[/ QUOTE ]

Having your nails done & tanning does not make you a metro, I don't do either yet I still think I am the true defininition of a metro. I think the word Metrosexual has been abused to death, it no longer has the same meaning it did when the NY Times created the concept a few years ago.

12-20-2005, 08:59 PM
I use a nail file and do my own nails

YourFoxyGrandma
12-20-2005, 08:59 PM
I once knew a dude whos girlfriend made him go tanning with her. I also didn't like him very much.

sublime
12-20-2005, 09:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i bleach my a$shole

12-20-2005, 09:01 PM
Hows that working out for you? I'm not really showing my sphinkter off, so I dont buy the anal bleaching creme.

Luv2DriveTT
12-20-2005, 09:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i bleach my a$shole

[/ QUOTE ]

Dam, I'm impressed!

siccjay
12-20-2005, 09:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Tanning Bashers,

[/ QUOTE ]

Its basically the difference between a movie star and a rock star. Both get lots of pussy, but there is a difference. Which do you think is most likely to go tanning?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't see how that makes sense really. Movie stars and Rock stars get pussy because they are famous, doesn't really matter if they are tan, hot, or neither.

With regular guys, the ones that have game get quality pussy. Tanning and looking better goes along with the with having game.

12-20-2005, 09:31 PM
I think it used to be most common in Jersey, but somehow it is spreading. I'm not for or against it, in fact, I've often thought it would be nice. I'm kind of white and irish, and it would be great to have tan. Then, I think about the process of going to a tanning salon, feeling ridiclous at the tanning salon, and then explaining to people that I went to a tanning salon and it's about that point that I decide it was a stupid thought to begin with. This is coming from somebody that goes to a high-end salon for a hair cut and is more than willing to pay for it...the tanning thing just weirds me out a little.

I also already have a girl that digs me, as it seems most of the posters are using "it gets me chicks" for their reasoning.

Alex/Mugaaz
12-20-2005, 10:29 PM
Its only allowed if you do it at the gym.

cnfuzzd
12-20-2005, 10:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

El Diablo,

I couldn't agree more. A girlfriend one time told me i *had* to go tanning with her. I made it about five minutes in the "bed" before i got out, re=clothed, and went outside to smoke a cigarette. We had a long discussion about the things we would be doing "as a couple".

peace

john nickle

Sephus
12-20-2005, 11:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Having your nails done & tanning does not make you a metro, I don't do either yet I still think I am the true defininition of a metro.

[/ QUOTE ]

TT, the second clause supports the statment "not all metros have their nails done/go tanning," not the statment "not all those who have their nails done/go tanning are metros."

just because it's not the case that all metros have their nails done and go to tanning salons does not mean that it's not the case that all men who have their nails done and go to tanning salons are metros.

please dont make me draw you a venn diagram.

BottlesOf
12-20-2005, 11:25 PM
Worse than wearing beaters.

zephed
12-20-2005, 11:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
just got in from tanning.

some guy there invited me to go to the men's ice skating championship tonight.

i figure i will go to show off my new sweet tan to everyone. have a good night!

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm not sure if this is serious or sarcastic, given the poster.

DrSavage
12-20-2005, 11:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Guys,

I find these responses disturbing and weird.

[/ QUOTE ]

Diablo,
You only say this because you're black. You can't understand white man's desire to have a tan.

Luv2DriveTT
12-20-2005, 11:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Having your nails done & tanning does not make you a metro, I don't do either yet I still think I am the true defininition of a metro.

[/ QUOTE ]

TT, the second clause supports the statment "not all metros have their nails done/go tanning," not the statment "not all those who have their nails done/go tanning are metros."

just because it's not the case that all metros have their nails done and go to tanning salons does not mean that it's not the case that all men who have their nails done and go to tanning salons are metros.

[/ QUOTE ]

Venn away...

Mr_J
12-20-2005, 11:51 PM
It's fine these days. It's pretty accepted for a guy to groom himself pretty extensively. We shave our ball hair, trim our bush, wax our arse, fake tan isn't going anything further than that. Most girls prefer well groomed guys. Nothin wrong with looking good.

Eurotrash
12-21-2005, 02:24 AM
These responses boggle my mind, rly.

tanning is not comparable to a haircut. it's comparable to eating some guy's ass out while you're getting your hair cut.

Mr_J
12-21-2005, 02:26 AM
[ QUOTE ]
it's comparable to eating some guy's ass

[/ QUOTE ]

That's a pretty homosexual thought.

Sephus
12-21-2005, 02:28 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Venn away...

[/ QUOTE ]

cmon don't ask if youre not serious.

i define set A as all metrosexuals, and set B as all people who go tanning and get their nails done.

someone suggests that B is a subset of A: "having your nails done & tanning makes you a metro."

you reply: no, B is not a subset of A, because i am not a member of B yet i am a member of A. "i don't do either yet I still think I am the true defininition of a metro."

but the fact that A has members that are not in B (like you) says nothing about whether B has members that are not in A. if B and A are not the same and B is in fact a subset of A, there HAVE to be members of A but not B (like you), so your point is actually no counterevidence at all.

Riverman
12-21-2005, 02:29 AM
I didnt read anyting, but if you go tanning as a guy that is not good

12-21-2005, 02:39 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I didnt read anyting, but if you go tanning as a guy that is not good

[/ QUOTE ]

...evil?

FoxwoodsFiend
12-21-2005, 02:39 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I will be buying a cheap tanning bed when I get my own place.

[/ QUOTE ]

Now that might be going overboard.

astroglide
12-21-2005, 02:42 AM
it is not hard to get women without a tan. you guys are in denial about how weak of an activity this is.

Eurotrash
12-21-2005, 02:45 AM
[ QUOTE ]
it is not hard to get women without a tan. you guys are in denial about how weak of an activity this is.

[/ QUOTE ]

paging Astroisright.

RustedCorpse
12-21-2005, 02:49 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I don't go to salons anymore but I am buying one for my house. I have S.A.D. (seasonal affective disorder) and bright, warm lights are used to treat it. heat lamps are the most common treatment but with the tanning bed I feel better durring the colder months and my girlfriend gets to keep her tan all year round. It's win win. Plus I don't need to explain to guests why there's a huge heat lamp(s). Anyone who sees a tanning bed isn't going to ask what it's for.

[/ QUOTE ]

You know they also make light bulbs specifically for this? I used to buy them when living in alaska, I thought it was b.s., but a friend made me try them out and they actually really really worked.

TheRover
12-21-2005, 02:50 AM
[ QUOTE ]
These responses boggle my mind, rly.

tanning is not comparable to a haircut. it's comparable to eating some guy's ass out while you're getting your hair cut.

[/ QUOTE ]

thatpfunk
12-21-2005, 02:59 AM
tanning doesn't make a guy gay, it makes them a douchebag.