PDA

View Full Version : 15/30 LO8 turn decision

beset7
12-20-2005, 05:48 PM
Maybe standard just want feedback.

7-handed game super loose. UTG plays lots of trashy hands and goes too far with them and plays the flop and turn overly aggressive. Probably a Limit Hold Em player by trade.

Hero is in middle position with A/images/graemlins/heart.gif2/images/graemlins/heart.gif9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif9/images/graemlins/club.gif

Limped family pot.

Flop is 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif3/images/graemlins/club.gifQ/images/graemlins/diamond.gif
Checked to UTG who bets, Hero calls, everyone else folds.

Turn is A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif
UTG Bets, Hero folds/calls/raises?

Thanks.

12-20-2005, 06:24 PM
was this yesterday on party?

12-20-2005, 06:30 PM
Fold? Clearly?

Buzz
12-20-2005, 06:32 PM
Beset - Fold.

There's a fair chance one of your seven opponents was dealt 25XY, and if so, Villain is betting as though he is the one who was dealt it.

Does Villain really have 25XY or not?

Whether he does or doesn't, it's probably going to cost Hero two big bets to see the showdown. Even if the river is the miracle non-diamond five, Hero probably only gets half the pot if he does somehow end up with a winner.

I don't think it's worth risking $60.00 (in an attempt to win only $67.50) to find out if Villain really has 25XY or not.

Buzz

beset7
12-20-2005, 08:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
was this yesterday on party?

[/ QUOTE ]

It may have been. Somebody else actually played this hand I thought they donked it up and I posted it here to settle the dispute. Were you involved in this hand?

beset7
12-20-2005, 08:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Fold? Clearly?

[/ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Beset - Fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

Shorthanded, loose aggressive game with a loose player betting into you doesn't change anything? I agree folding is best FWIW but the person i discussed this hand with almost had me sold on a different line. The argument being that this card is more likely to have hurt him then helped him. I see a lot of mid and high-limit players raising in spots like this.

12-20-2005, 09:30 PM
Hero insta-folds. Not close.

12-21-2005, 02:01 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Fold? Clearly?

[/ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Beset - Fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

Shorthanded, loose aggressive game with a loose player betting into you doesn't change anything? I agree folding is best FWIW but the person i discussed this hand with almost had me sold on a different line. The argument being that this card is more likely to have hurt him then helped him. I see a lot of mid and high-limit players raising in spots like this.

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe I am reading it wrong, but the pot doesn't look big enough to chase a 5, and even if you hit that card there's no guarantee you scoop. If you miss, you have a poor kicker with your Ace, so you could easily be up against a garbage low (but better than yours if the river spikes a low card) and an ace with a better kicker. I think the player is spewing money by continuing to play this hand, unless he'd doing it for advertising value.

chaos
12-21-2005, 09:58 AM
I think this is a fold.

Your high is weak (pair of Aces with a nine kicker). The only low card you will really like is a five and that probably will only get you half the pot. You could easily drawing for low to win one quarter of the pot.

12-21-2005, 02:09 PM
you have a PAIR OF ACES. how can you fold that.

beset7
12-21-2005, 11:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
you have a PAIR OF ACES. how can you fold that.

[/ QUOTE ]

The argument for raising has nothing to do with the hero's hand. Please keep in mind that I advocate folding here. I just thinking that folding > raising > calling. My friend advocated calling here atleast some of the time short-handed.

12-21-2005, 11:36 PM
I was being ironical.

My honest thoughts about this hand are that hero screwed up by limping PF and only calling on the flop. Allowing 35xx or 36xx or whatever to hang around is the mistake here.

12-22-2005, 12:16 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I was being ironical.

My honest thoughts about this hand are that hero screwed up by limping PF and only calling on the flop. Allowing 35xx or 36xx or whatever to hang around is the mistake here.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, Alanis, you weren't being "ironical". You were being a jackass.

xorbie
12-23-2005, 05:00 AM
Why no flop raise?

chaos
12-23-2005, 09:11 AM
Because you want worse lows to call, not be chased out.

howzit
12-23-2005, 12:52 PM
he leads into a loaded field w/no low there and a a few low draws.

turn is the ace and he fires again, this just doesn't seem like an open-ender betting the flop, unless he's got a made high to go along with it.

probably a flopped set/2pair hand who made a weak low with the ace.

i wish i knew the math here. . .look to chop w/any low card on the river.

benwood
12-23-2005, 05:29 PM
There are some situations where you should stay heads up with hands as weak as this one,but these situations exist only when the pot is large. The large pot is the key.To take a long shot at a pot this small is ill advised.

benwood
12-23-2005, 05:39 PM
This is a very reasonable hand,but it's not really strong. 9,9 is not very good preflop because trip 9's are not all that good on the flop.This hand is basically an A2 suited with no back up for the low.Preflop,the call is much stronger than the raise,imo.

12-23-2005, 07:03 PM
Easy fold on the turn here, I don't see why this is a difficult decision.

JMO - Knoll

templar999
12-24-2005, 03:15 AM
beset,

given your read, i dont think this is as clear a fold as everyone says. there are a ton of hands that an loose aggressive player with a limit HE background could be betting. in fact, there are quite a few hands that i, even as a supertight player, would bet in his spot on the turn against only one opponent that your A299 would actually be ahead or getting more than proper odds to call. on the turn, i'm mostly certainly betting 56 with diamonds here with or without a pair, any two pair on the flop, and even A2 with no high. while i agree the pot is probably too small to make a stand a significant minority of the time, one should not entirely dismiss the albeit small possibility of a scoop.

against aggressive players at these limits, i think you give up way too much if this is an instant fold everytime.

respectfully,
temp

beset7
12-24-2005, 04:22 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Why no flop raise?

[/ QUOTE ]

Without much going for high a lot of people just call here with the bare nut low draw hoping to get multiway action. Also, the low draw isn't protected so it's vulnerable.