PDA

View Full Version : futurama may have a future

astroglide
12-20-2005, 03:22 PM
http://www.smh.com.au/news/tv--radio/off-the-planet/2005/12/10/1134086846734.html

i haven't watched the show yet, but i'm looking forward to checking out the dvds sometime.

congrats daryn if they get a new contract.

whiskeytown
12-20-2005, 03:30 PM
better then the Simpsons, in my opinion...a lot more room for creativity.

I have every DVD - you will not be disappointed.

RB

diebitter
12-20-2005, 03:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

me too. And wot he sed.

TheNoodleMan
12-20-2005, 03:38 PM
I would love to see it get going again.

Rduke55
12-20-2005, 03:49 PM
You've given me hope. That show is wonderful.

edtost
12-20-2005, 05:10 PM
w00t.

ThaSaltCracka
12-20-2005, 05:12 PM
I would have rather seen this show come back than Family Guy.

Reef
12-20-2005, 05:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

yup

imported_CaseClosed326
12-20-2005, 06:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
w00t.

[/ QUOTE ]

tpir90036
12-20-2005, 06:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]

RB

[/ QUOTE ]
I guess I have to tear up my nerd card. I mean I liked the show and all, don't get me wrong, but I never understood the huge fuss people made about it. Is it a common opinion amongst fans that it's better than the Simpsons? I mean c'mon now. Or do people say that because of the wide appeal the Simpsons have and they want to like something different?

diebitter
12-20-2005, 06:14 PM
Nope, it's said cos Futurama is consistently funnier.

Paluka
12-20-2005, 06:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

RB

[/ QUOTE ]
I guess I have to tear up my nerd card. I mean I liked the show and all, don't get me wrong, but I never understood the huge fuss people made about it. Is it a common opinion amongst fans that it's better than the Simpsons? I mean c'mon now. Or do people say that because of the wide appeal the Simpsons have and they want to like something different?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd say that Futurama was better than the Simpsons that were on TV at the same time as Futurama, but not better than the peak season Simpsons. There are probably 20 Simpsons episodes better than the best Futurama.

lastchance
12-20-2005, 06:20 PM
What Paluka said.

henrikrh
12-20-2005, 06:29 PM
Oh god yes! Zoidberg must return.

As for the simpsons, the best of the simpsons is about the same maybe a tiny bit better than the best of futurama, but the simpsons is better because they had a larger amount of those great episodes. Furturama was consistently funny and got funnier, simpsons has been getting duller for 5 seasons or so running.

ClaytonN
12-20-2005, 07:31 PM
I thought the end of the original series, when Fry was trying to woo Leela, sucked.

If they can bring the series back and not involve that retarded love story, I'm all for it.

DrPublo
12-20-2005, 07:47 PM
I was a huge Futurama fan when it was on and still catch it on Adult Swim from time to time. I was always upset that it didn't catch on more, and thought it was because it had such a terrible time slot. Didn't it used to be on at 7pm eastern, before King of the Hill (which no one watches)? It also used to get pre-empted for football games all the time.

I think it would have caught on a lot more if Fox gave it a decent chance.

The Doc

TheMainEvent
12-20-2005, 07:54 PM
I don't know, personally I was always entertained by the show but I hardly ever LOLed. To me it was more "smirk" funny than belly laughs.

gobboboy
12-20-2005, 07:55 PM
http://gobboboy.homestead.com/files/slinky1.gif

tpir90036
12-20-2005, 08:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'd say that Futurama was better than the Simpsons that were on TV at the same time as Futurama, but not better than the peak season Simpsons. There are probably 20 Simpsons episodes better than the best Futurama.

[/ QUOTE ]
OK, I can get behind that. I guess I can scotch tape my nerd card back together for now.

PITTM
12-20-2005, 09:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I would have rather seen this show come back than Family Guy.

[/ QUOTE ]

agreed, wholeheartedly. this is my favorite of the whole mess of fox cartoon shows. i have all the episodes and i would love to see some new ones.

rj

Blarg
12-20-2005, 09:53 PM
I don't agree that the best of Futurama wasn't the equal of the best Simpsons.

One thing I liked about it was that it was much like the early Simpsons, anarchic and very busy. If you didn't pay really close attention, you'd miss that someone's expression in response to what someone else was saying was the opposite of what you might expect, and very sly and funny for that reason. It was an easy show to miss subtleties in, and gained a lot on second viewings. The characters were constantly dismissive of or ridiculing what each other said. The Simpsons after a few years made friends of everybody, turning the evil Smithers and Burns friendly and fluffy and into family friends, putting Barney the drunk on the wagon(ugh), and basically Cosbying the show up but good. The Simpsons became a show that nobody would write letters of protest too anymore. Futurama inherited the old Simpsons spirit that the Simpsons put aside as it became basically a middle of the road money machine, though the best one out there. Futurama kept the Milhaus and Nelson Muntz, kept the multi-level behavior and jokes, and nobody on that show was going to stop being an alcoholic or screwing each other over anytime soon.