PDA

View Full Version : 6 max 5/10 partypoker

stripsqueez
07-23-2003, 08:17 PM
you get 109 of hearts on the button in a loose aggressive school, 2 limpers to you and you limp along - the sb folds and the bb just plays

flop is 765 rainbow no hearts - check - bet - fold - i chose to raise - these guys bet the flop like it was for matchsticks - the bb who is the loosiest, most aggressive player in the game plays as does the bettor

the turn is the seemingly useless 2 of hearts - check - bet - what now ??...is it good so far ??

ElSapo
07-24-2003, 06:07 PM
flop is 765 rainbow no hearts - check - bet - fold - i chose to raise - these guys bet the flop like it was for matchsticks

They're not the only one.

lefty rosen
07-24-2003, 11:32 PM
If you play ten nine suited like that with only 4 outs for a garunteed win, I wonder who is on tilt. You catch the 10 or the 9 and you could be up shitscreek without a paddle, if you have a bunch of chasers....... That is definately not winning holdem play........

PuppetMaster
07-25-2003, 06:14 AM
I thin calling the flop be is okay. Raising is stupid and I fold the turn.

Ginogino
07-25-2003, 11:00 AM
Stripsqueez:
When you raise on the flop, do you figure tens and nines as outs? Loose players play all kinds of stuff with a limp pre-flop (things like 76s, 22, A3o, J9o). In my view, you have two problems once the flop comes. First, you probably can't win without improving. The odds are that someone held a tiny pocket pair or an ace or a 7, 6 or 5, or face card. And second, your only clean out is an 8.

I'd fold the flop bet.

Gino

NLfool
07-28-2003, 10:15 PM
first I may not play because there isn't enough odds for a straight or a flush. 2nd if I play I'd raise it as I'd rather have fewer players for 2 bets than that many for 1. Now raising the flop for a free card on the turn isn't exactly +EV and if I do raise I'd have to have a heart on the flop so I can continue if the turn brings one. Now a bet on the turn most likely means someone has at least a pair. If you hit you're guaranteed a 2 bet call from at least 1 player to me a call now depends on who's left and their perchant for overcalling in case I hit.

AeonBlues
08-04-2003, 02:45 AM
Yah, I've been playing the same tables on party. So anyway, you limped in late position. That's fine, UTG in a 6 player game, is like MP in a full game, so 9 10s, I think is a very playable hand, aslong as the flop works for your hand. And I like your semibluff raise. I think you have atlease 7 outs in this hand. I wouldn't count the 9 as an out, because an 8 will stay in, and might be the hand betting against you. But given the action the action on those tables, yah Ten willl probably be good. So, now you follow through with your semi bluff and check the turn. Take your free card. That should of been your stratagy when you check raised in the first place. Check the turn, and fold the river if your hand doesn't improve. I would call a bet on the river if a 9 hits, but fold to a bet and a raise.

AeonBlues