PDA

View Full Version : Party 33's -- Time of day, which do you prefer?

trojanFan
12-20-2005, 01:50 PM
My experience is only for the last 30 days or so.....but I've got about 500 or so sng's under my belt and I've noticed a clear difference in the type of players depending on time of day (obviously, these generalities have exceptions):

daytime - tighties.... (sometimes it's easy to push-bot them, they are slightly predictable)

eve's - the crazies that push with A-junk often (I play tight tight tight early to get to the bubble with them).

Which do you prefer to go against? What adjustments do you make? (oh yeah, Sat nites.... it seems like if you're sober, you're in the minority, eh?)

12-20-2005, 02:00 PM
I play the 11s (but mixing it up with the 33s more and more) and the daytime is a rock garden. I played 10 or so SNGs yesterday afternoon and we would still have 7-8 players left at Level 6 (and this is at the 11s!!). At night, we are often down to 4 or 5 players by Level 3. I played a few 33s last night and we were at the bubble by Level 4 or 5.

p.s. not sure why i don't try the 22s. the 33s are just so fishy it's not worth bothering i guess

12-20-2005, 02:01 PM
Q: What's the only thing in common between a Bruin and a Trojan?

A: They both were accepted at USC.

trojanFan
12-20-2005, 02:06 PM
Q. What does a Bruin and a tornado have in common?

A. They both eventually end up a trailer park.

12-20-2005, 02:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Q. What does a Bruin and a tornado have in common?

A. They both eventually end up a trailer park.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nice grammar. Now go fix me my cheeseburger.

trojanFan
12-20-2005, 02:12 PM
lol....seriously though, I've gotta change my screen name. I get those yahoo's all the time "USC sucks, blah blah blah"

I'm getting tired of auto-typing the word "scoreboard" into the chat box....

12-20-2005, 02:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
lol....seriously though, I've gotta change my screen name. I get those yahoo's all the time "USC sucks, blah blah blah"

I'm getting tired of auto-typing the word "scoreboard" into the chat box....

[/ QUOTE ]

Imagine all the crap I have taken after that disaster on 12/3!

jeffraider
12-20-2005, 02:16 PM
I prefer whichever time of day I am closest to "sober". /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Vuron00
12-20-2005, 02:17 PM
Tell them you're a fan of trojan condoms.

I prefer to play at night. I have no trouble letting the LAGs double each other up and then taking their chips in the later stages. When I play during the day, I usually get a little more aggressive early and pay attention more to be able to get away from hands. It seems like a larger % of the online pros are playing during the day and I seem to see the same faces.

trojanFan
12-20-2005, 02:28 PM
Strange thought (ok, I thought it was strange) ran thru my mind yesterday in a 55. I was in BB, later round. I had a marginal hand that I would normally lay down to a push.

BUT...the SB pusher was a multi-tabler that I've played serveral times who seems to implement the theories that I've read in this forum. He pushed and I thought "Fold. But wait....if I were him, I'd be pushing with almost any 2 in this situation. Let's call instead" - and I found him pushing with 94o. Cha-ching!

Sometimes the "rocks" are predictable (ok, yes, I got lucky that I read this one right). Curious if anyone else finds equity in that ??

12-20-2005, 02:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Strange thought (ok, I thought it was strange) ran thru my mind yesterday in a 55. I was in BB, later round. I had a marginal hand that I would normally lay down to a push.

BUT...the SB pusher was a multi-tabler that I've played serveral times who seems to implement the theories that I've read in this forum. He pushed and I thought "Fold. But wait....if I were him, I'd be pushing with almost any 2 in this situation. Let's call instead" - and I found him pushing with 94o. Cha-ching!

Sometimes the "rocks" are predictable (ok, yes, I got lucky that I read this one right). Curious if anyone else finds equity in that ??

[/ QUOTE ]

Can you post that hand? It sounds worth of discussion. I think calling there is wrong even with your read, but let's see the stack sizes, blinds, etc.

12-20-2005, 02:50 PM
that's the key really. i play on stars and there's really a much MUCH smaller group of folks that are playing SnGs before 5pm. if i'm four tabling (small monitor), it's not at all surprising to have the same dude or two guys at all four during the day, where i'd say that almost never happens to me at night.

12-20-2005, 03:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
that's the key really. i play on stars and there's really a much MUCH smaller group of folks that are playing SnGs before 5pm. if i'm four tabling (small monitor), it's not at all surprising to have the same dude or two guys at all four during the day, where i'd say that almost never happens to me at night.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hm... you have a point there. I always look at the # of players playing, but a great majority of those players play cash games only (I presume).

I used to play during Dutch afternoons, when there are 15k - 20k players online at party. Now I refuse to play during the worst hours, but I still can't play during peak hours. That's 12-6 in the night here in Holland. We should get more respect for >0 ROI's. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

pineapple888
12-20-2005, 03:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This has been discussed many times before. It is easier to place rocks/talented players on hand ranges, but it is far more profitable in the long run to play against fish, although it is often more aggravating.

Insty
12-20-2005, 04:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
This has been discussed many times before. It is easier to place rocks/talented players on hand ranges, but it is far more profitable in the long run to play against fish, although it is often more aggravating.

[/ QUOTE ]