PDA

View Full Version : Preparing for a police chase

TheNoodleMan
12-20-2005, 01:08 PM
We have all watched hundreds of car chases on TV, and most of them end in the same pathetic way with a guy getting arrested. If you had a chance to prepare, what items would you get and what strategies would you use to maximize your chances of getting away.

WackityWhiz
12-20-2005, 01:16 PM
an RPG to take out helicopters, a huge fuel tank with bullet proof glass protecting it, Run Flat tires, and a set of big balls.

oh ya, and fake plates

jaxUp
12-20-2005, 01:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
an RPG to take out helicopters, a huge fuel tank with bullet proof glass protecting it, Run Flat tires, and a set of big balls.

oh ya, and fake plates

[/ QUOTE ]

this, and cheeseburgers in case I get hungry. preferably with bacon.

djoyce003
12-20-2005, 01:19 PM
You just need an rpg or some other hand-held missile and you blow up the first cop car....then you are home free as there won't be a chase. Once there are ten cars and a chopper after you, I don't see any way that that u can get away unless you have fake plates, a really fast car and a gazillion tunnels.

TheNoodleMan
12-20-2005, 01:21 PM
I'm not sure that taking out helicopters is a good idea, once you get to that point they're really going to break out the heavy artilery. I think you have to find another way to negate the helicopters. I watched a police chase once a couple years ago where a guy got away by driving into a parking garage that was attached to a large mall. He had enough seperation from the cop cars that he was able to walk in to the mall and blend in, presumably walking out another exit.

Gunny Highway
12-20-2005, 01:22 PM
First you'll need a car for run blocker...a speedy car.

http://img324.imageshack.us/img324/8587/wkvidsmokey5ld.jpg

MrMon
12-20-2005, 01:23 PM
A house with a predug escape tunnel leading to another car.

Figure if you can make the house and barricade yourself in, they'll spend at least an hour before they come in and get you. Meanwhile, you've made it down the tunnel to some other location or even the sewer system, where you can pick up your awaiting vehicle with fake ID and credit cards and cash.

I figure the reason most of these guys get caught is poor planning.

Alobar
12-20-2005, 01:23 PM
a pair of tennis shoes.

If I was ever involved in a police chase, youd never see it, because if I was going to flee, id pull the car over and bolt on foot the first chance I got. Once they get the hellicopter on you, you are [censored]. Youve got a waaaaay better chance of getting away on foot. I can out run any beat cop on the force, so its just a matter getting free before they can co-ordinate with other cops.

WackityWhiz
12-20-2005, 01:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm not sure that taking out helicopters is a good idea, once you get to that point they're really going to break out the heavy artilery. I think you have to find another way to negate the helicopters. I watched a police chase once a couple years ago where a guy got away by driving into a parking garage that was attached to a large mall. He had enough seperation from the cop cars that he was able to walk in to the mall and blend in, presumably walking out another exit.

[/ QUOTE ]

true true, i guess i was hoping that after i blow up the helicopter I could get away fast enough so they wouldn't bomb me with F-16's.

The parking garage is a good idea, but risky because if it doesn't work you are basically headed for 'federal, pound me in the ass' prison.

CollinEstes
12-20-2005, 01:30 PM
I would get a blow doll that looked real or a manican because they never ram the car if they think you have a hostage.

TheNoodleMan
12-20-2005, 01:31 PM
What about haveing spike strips of your own? I'm not sure how you'd depoly them unless you were in a convertable and had an accompice, but it seems like they would really help even the playing field.

12-20-2005, 01:32 PM
I would bring the A-Team, they never get caught.

mason55
12-20-2005, 01:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The parking garage is a good idea, but risky because if it doesn't work you are basically headed for 'federal, pound me in the ass' prison.

[/ QUOTE ]

Depends what you've done. Evading arrest, in and of itself, is usually just a misdemeanor.

Grisgra
12-20-2005, 01:34 PM
I'd have a bagful of babies with me. If the cops got to close, I'd toss a baby out the window. That'd slow the bastards down.

Ulysses
12-20-2005, 01:34 PM
TNM,

One thing that is important is to have some place with highly restricted airspace in your escape route so you can drive in to there and the helicopter can't follow. This is a good place to have another car to switch to in the garage.

TheNoodleMan
12-20-2005, 01:36 PM
I've thought about restricted airspace, but the problem is that anyplace with restricted airspace usually has a high security presence on the ground as well.

mrkilla
12-20-2005, 01:38 PM
Yea thats the best Idea, run and ditch. Walk through the mall have a car in like a meter spot waitng for you get in and drive off.

If your in that deep I don't think you can "beat" them , you would need to trick them blowing one up won't do you no good.

so my plan.

The first car needs all the formentioned items , run flats etc, I don't know if anyone put in a NOS tank but lets put that in there as well. You'd Ideally want an AWD car so you can hop off road if you need too, not an SUV cause they flip. With that that 2 more cars in diffrent locations with in similar surrondings like the garage, or airport even might work though I dunno about this. The Mall is good for the rear exit mentioned. The 2nd car needs to be like a "mom and pop" car thats fast too. Like the turbo buik skylark from the 80's (or grand turino whatever) . Head for the 2nd closest train station , get on a train and dont look back.

now for all that to be worth it i beeter be robbing a bank for like 4 million dollars or something.

Boris
12-20-2005, 01:38 PM
I'd rig up my car with double machine guns and then put the triggers right on the steering wheel. I'd also have buttons for smoke screen and oil slick.

Randy_Refeld
12-20-2005, 01:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
What about haveing spike strips of your own? I'm not sure how you'd depoly them unless you were in a convertable and had an accompice, but it seems like they would really help even the playing field.

[/ QUOTE ]

I recently moved away from Miss. While I was there the local police tried to deploy these. The fugitive drove around them and the pursuit car was stopped by them.

radek2166
12-20-2005, 01:41 PM
Crack pipe?

Nicholasp27
12-20-2005, 01:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'd rig up my car with double machine guns and then put the triggers right on the steering wheel. I'd also have buttons for smoke screen and oil slick.

[/ QUOTE ]

http://www.spyhunter007.com/Images/spy_hunter_smoke_screen.jpg

gumpzilla
12-20-2005, 01:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Duh duh da duh da duh DA DUH duh duh da duh da duh DA DUH bwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa bwa . . . . . bwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa bwa BWA-BWAH . . . . bwa bwa bwa BWA-BA-BWA-BA-BWA-BA-BWA-BA bwa bwa bwa bwa-bwa.

That was a quality two minutes of entertainment typing that out.

Dudd
If you get seperation from the cops, drive to your airport, it's probably the place with the least security that has restricted airspace.

CollinEstes
I would also require this vehicle:

http://cgi.cnn.com/TECH/9709/22/speed.attempt.reut/thrust.lg.ap.jpg

Miggo
12-20-2005, 01:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'd have a bagful of babies with me. If the cops got to close, I'd toss a baby out the window. That'd slow the bastards down.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this would work, but I think it would be more effective with 5 year olds. How many 5 year olds do you think you'd have to throw out the window for each cop that was chasing you if the 5 year olds would fight to the death for you? /images/graemlins/shocked.gif Sorry, I maybe shouldn't have started this.

wacki
12-20-2005, 02:07 PM
A map of the sewar/train system and a chain.

Run into the building, lock the door, escape underground.

theghost
12-20-2005, 02:08 PM
Jetpack

http://i7.ebayimg.com/01/i/03/39/19/d7_1_sbol.JPG

12-20-2005, 02:10 PM
If you take out the helicopters and too many cars with RPG's then you may get 5 stars and the National Guard with tanks will start coming after you.

WackityWhiz
12-20-2005, 02:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
If you take out the helicopters and too many cars with RPG's then you may get 5 stars and the National Guard with tanks will start coming after you.

[/ QUOTE ]

ya, then your only chance is to steal a tank. Too bad there isn't a save point or a game genie for life /images/graemlins/mad.gif I wouldn't mind backtracking a few weeks

MonkeeMan
12-20-2005, 02:25 PM
Watch the movie Bullet. Now do what they do, fasten your damn seat belt.

Gugel
12-20-2005, 02:36 PM
A tank.

Grisgra
12-20-2005, 02:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this would work, but I think it would be more effective with 5 year olds. How many 5 year olds do you think you'd have to throw out the window for each cop that was chasing you if the 5 year olds would fight to the death for you? /images/graemlins/shocked.gif Sorry, I maybe shouldn't have started this.

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't be stupid. You can't fit more than 3 or 4 five-year olds in a bag. Trust me, I've tried.

Gunny Highway
12-20-2005, 02:42 PM
This should have been one of the questions for David way back when instead of the crap that actually got asked.

Voltron87
12-20-2005, 02:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
This should have been one of the questions for David way back when instead of the crap that actually got asked.

[/ QUOTE ]

definitely.

Lazymeatball
12-20-2005, 02:47 PM
just go here

http://acidoamigo.kicks-ass.net/Images/gta3/portland/gta3_pay_spray.jpg

12-20-2005, 02:50 PM
Before you start: steal the car in the first place, so the police can't just run the plates and ID you.

In a rural area: take your truck off the paved roads where the police cruisers can't follow you.

In an urban area: do something so dangerous that the police can't follow you without endangering lots of innocent people. I once saw a guy get away by going the wrong way up an exit ramp. In some neighborhoods there are enough turns and little enough traffic that you can escape by getting two blocks ahead of your pursuer.

Once the helicopter is on you: parking garage/mall is a good one. Fleeing on foot in a forested area will give you pretty good cover. Stop under an overpass, carjack another car, and leave. I forget which movie that was from.

Lazymeatball
12-20-2005, 02:55 PM
oh, and I'd be careful about fleeing on foot from helicopters as a number of them are equipped with infra red cameras and will play the "getting warmer, getting colder" game with other police on foot until they find you. I saw it on tv.

Gunny Highway
12-20-2005, 04:09 PM
This thread needs Ray Zee input.

ddubois
12-20-2005, 04:22 PM
http://www.tropiccomics.com/ebay/lctank4.jpg

TheNoodleMan
12-20-2005, 04:25 PM
Tank is such a classic. Iron Eagle is just a blatant rip off.

12-20-2005, 04:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Fenderbaum: We've got a secret weapon. God is our co-pilot!
The Greek: You'll need him!
Jamie Blake: *God* is our copilot?
Fenderbaum: Uh huh...
Jamie Blake: Remember our car?
Fenderbaum: Uh huh...
Jamie Blake: Two seats?
Fenderbaum: Two seats...
Jamie Blake: Where's he gonna sit?
[smack]
Jamie Blake: Where's he gonna sit?
[smack]

[/ QUOTE ]

LeatherFace
12-20-2005, 04:31 PM
What about a motorcycle with a scared girly hostage on the back (hands tied to it or something), fake plates, and a helm for concealment, and then just drive across the mexico border.

It sounds to simple though.

Gunny Highway
12-20-2005, 04:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with this 100% except that the two movies were hardly similar at all.

TheNoodleMan
12-20-2005, 04:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with this 100% except that the two movies were hardly similar at all.

[/ QUOTE ]
WTF? Both movies are about a father / son duo in a situation where one has to rescue the other using a military vehicle that they conviently ( and contrivedly) have access to. Substitute jet for tank and you have the bulk of the movie.

Gunny Highway
12-20-2005, 05:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
WTF? Both movies are about a father / son duo in a situation where one has to rescue the other using a military vehicle that they conviently ( and contrivedly) have access to. Substitute jet for tank and you have the bulk of the movie.

[/ QUOTE ]

Neither one was really about a father-son duo. You hardly even saw the father in Iron Eagle.

It's been awhile since I saw Tank, but didn't he own the old tank, and the whole movie was just him driving around crashing into things while the local redneck sheriff tried to stop the tank?

Whereas, Iron Eagle was a deeper film set against the geopolitical backdrop of the 1980s middle east. Rebellious, yet-talented and loyal son fights the system to save his father who has been abandoned by the very country he served. His sidekick and teacher, played by Oscar-winning actor Lou Gossett, sacrifices himself to save them both. Gripping action complimented by subtle comedy, as well as the beautiful student-mentor relationship. A truly moving film. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

12-20-2005, 05:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Whereas, Iron Eagle was a deeper film set against the geopolitical backdrop of the 1980s middle east. Rebellious, yet-talented and loyal son fights the system to save his father who has been abandoned by the very country he served. His sidekick and teacher, played by Oscar-winning actor Lou Gossett, sacrifices himself to save them both. Gripping action complimented by subtle comedy, as well as the beautiful student-mentor relationship. A truly moving film. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Kudos, I for one appreciate you, for wasting your lunch hour coming up with this little gem.

Next time incorporate the word "Cinematography" or "Nuance"

LLL

TJSWAN
12-20-2005, 06:28 PM
The Tank thing has been done, and on drugs no less.

Link (http://www.no2meth.org/shamelg3.htm)

Tim

Mr_J
12-20-2005, 06:40 PM
Dunno about where most of you guys live, but sydney has a pretty messed up layout (ie urban sprawl based around harbous and not well laid out in square blocks). A motorbike would make it basically impossible for any cop to follow you o keep up. Once they get the chopper, it's not hard to find a built up area to lose them in.

I'd ride into the city or to a shopping centre (mall). There's no way they can cover & track you in the city.

The guys who get caught on tv are nealy always morons. They don't think ahead and they don't know thei area.

Easiest way to lose cop cars when on a bike. Ride into a walkway that has bars at the entrance (the ones that stop cars). By the time they backtrack to the othe side you're out of there.

Only bad thing about the bike is that if you hit something or something hits you, you are either busted or dead. Not so bad in a car.

This is one thing I would've like to have experienced in life. Just the rush of having all that heat on you.

MonkeeMan
12-20-2005, 06:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]

This is one thing I would've like to have experienced in life. Just the rush of having all that heat on you.

[/ QUOTE ]

Aussie Crimson Challenge???

Ringo_Mojo
12-20-2005, 07:03 PM
Kristy Swanson and a candy bar.

http://www.thefoxmoviechannel.com/month/foxiest/thechase.jpg