PDA

View Full Version : SSNL Tourney Structure

4_2_it
12-20-2005, 12:01 PM
I think a MTT structure works best. We can set up a table at Stars and have a $10+1. The only question is timing. Please vote below:

GrunchCan
12-20-2005, 12:03 PM
haha, I win!

tripp0807
12-20-2005, 12:08 PM
Like I said in the other thread, I thought we were talking about a heads-up tournament - not MTT.

4_2_it
12-20-2005, 12:21 PM
Here's my reply from the other thread:

"HU tourneys take a lot of time and effort to organize. It will easier to try a MTT or two to get people excited. Also, with the holidays upon us, I can't see a HU tourney starting before the middle end of January anyway. We can have a MTT in early January. "

Isura
12-20-2005, 12:22 PM
Will we be able to make this a deep-stacked tourney? I believe stars has had regular deep-stacked MTTs in the past (occasionally). I think making this a regular stars tourney will be waste of time, since it will become a push fest and us SSNLers won't be able to show off our superior postflop skills. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

GrunchCan
12-20-2005, 12:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
since it will become a push fest and us SSNLers won't be able to show off our superior postflop skills

[/ QUOTE ]

<<hoping for short stacks>> /images/graemlins/smile.gif

tripp0807
12-20-2005, 12:28 PM
None of you donkeys stand a chance against me.

(There is insufficient trash talk as of right now)

GrunchCan
12-20-2005, 12:30 PM
This tourney needs a name. SSNL MTT ain't gonna cut it.

tripp0807
12-20-2005, 12:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Battle of the Insufficiently Funded Geniuses of Poker.

Tournament of Cheapions

WSSSOP

WCOOSSP

EMcWilliams
12-20-2005, 12:39 PM
I dont think were gonna beat Battle of the Insufficiently Funded Geniuses of Poker.

Deep stacked would be so much more fun and a better game overall. I dont have any stars, but I guess we can work something out

Maulik
12-20-2005, 12:43 PM
I'm indifferent toward MTTs. I'd really like to work on my HU game. If there's interest why not let it happen rather than doing the bait & switch.

j/k

4_2_it
12-20-2005, 12:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Battle of the Insufficiently Funded Geniuses of Poker.

Tournament of Cheapions

WSSSOP

WCOOSSP

[/ QUOTE ]

BIFGOP it is. Deep stacks or at least 20 minute levels would be fine.

Hopefully Grunch or Isura will change the winner's title to reflect the honor.

I'm going to let this poll run until Wednesday evening and then set up another poll with 2 or 3 specific dates/times. Anyone want to volunteer to contact Stars and see how we make this happen? I am at work or else I would do it.

4_2_it
12-20-2005, 12:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm indifferent toward MTTs. I'd really like to work on my HU game. If there's interest why not let it happen rather than doing the bait & switch.

j/k

[/ QUOTE ]

You remember the last HU tourney we tried, right? If you want to get pwned HU, I'm sure we can arrange a match at Stars $0.01/$0.02 later this week....... /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif

tripp0807
12-20-2005, 12:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

j/k

[/ QUOTE ]

You remember the last HU tourney we tried, right? If you want to get pwned HU, I'm sure we can arrange a match at Stars $0.01/$0.02 later this week....... /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Pretty sure that he got pizwned just by your posting this.

Mercman572
12-20-2005, 01:10 PM
I'm down for whenever as long as it's not friday or saturday night.

Maulik
12-20-2005, 01:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

j/k

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't remember ever playing a 2+2 'cept Isura and that was 3-handed.

We will definately play some HU. I'm excited, fish.

12-20-2005, 01:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm down for whenever as long as it's not friday or saturday night.

[/ QUOTE ]

ajmargarine
12-20-2005, 01:36 PM
I am so in. The last attempt at SSNL HU tourney was pretty much a disaster. Doing an MTT is a fine idea, IMO. I don't know about deep stacks though. We don't want it to take mucho hours to play. 1500 and 15 minute levels would seem fine.

And....Being an MTT pokermaster like I am, with a FT% of about 33% and an ITM% of about 45%, I will make sure to bring my C+ game so you folks have somewhat of a chance.

4_2_it
12-20-2005, 02:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]

I don't remember ever playing a 2+2 'cept Isura and that was 3-handed.

We will definitely play some HU. I'm excited, fish.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think we squared off, but I pwned Ghazban (it helps to flop the nuts against an aggressive player /images/graemlins/smile.gif )and a couple of others in the aborted tourney last fall.

We will rumble, my brother from another mother. It will be fun posting some pwnage on this board /images/graemlins/grin.gif

mudbuddha
12-20-2005, 02:57 PM
when do u think you will have decided when the tourny is by?

Isura
12-20-2005, 03:04 PM
Stars has deep stacked tourneys with 5000 starting chips and 30 minute levels (same blind structure as their regular MTTs). It would be sweet if we could get them to make us a private tourney with the same structure.

4_2_it
12-20-2005, 03:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
when do u think you will have decided when the tourney is by?

[/ QUOTE ]

I was thinking the first week of January since a lot of people will be traveling for the holidays. I will be out from Dec 23-Jan 1, so if anyone to organize one during that time I think all you need to do is contact Stars customer support and ask some questions. Just post the start on the site and go.

ajmargarine
12-20-2005, 04:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Stars has deep stacked tourneys with 5000 starting chips and 30 minute levels (same blind structure as their regular MTTs). It would be sweet if we could get them to make us a private tourney with the same structure.

[/ QUOTE ]

And that would take forever to play. Those tourneys take all day to play. And even if we have a small contingent of SSNL'ers, you're still talking about 5-6? hours maybe. That's too long IMO.

1500 and 15 minute levels gets my vote. That will still take a few hours probably.

mosuavea
12-20-2005, 04:14 PM
I agree. A deep stack tourney would take a very long time to complete and I think a lot of people would not participate for that reason, including myself. 1500 chips 15 minute level also gets my vote. Espcially if you are talking about doing this on a weeknight, many of us work which would make a deep stack tourney nearly impossible.

Isura
12-20-2005, 04:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

And that would take forever to play. Those tourneys take all day to play. And even if we have a small contingent of SSNL'ers, you're still talking about 5-6? hours maybe. That's too long IMO.

1500 and 15 minute levels gets my vote. That will still take a few hours probably.

[/ QUOTE ]

For 600 people, it took about 12 hours. I don't think it will take 6 hours for 30-50 people, but I'm not sure.

4_2_it
12-20-2005, 08:36 PM
bump for night crew

teamdonkey
12-20-2005, 08:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

or you could all save yourselves 4 hours and transfer your entry $ directly to me...

<font color="white">i kid!</font>

wdeadwyler
12-20-2005, 09:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, I like the idea of only us 2p2ers joining, whether by a name list or a password option. As for stacksizes, deep is a must.

PoBoy321
12-20-2005, 10:00 PM
I think that a HU tourney would be best. On Ubet, you can invite people to HU matches. If you wanted to, you cacn set up a bracket online.

I would really only support a MTT if it was deepstacked.

wdeadwyler
12-20-2005, 10:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I think that a HU tourney would be best. On Ubet, you can invite people to HU matches. If you wanted to, you cacn set up a bracket online.

I would really only support a MTT if it was deepstacked.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would much rather we had a deepstacked MTT tourney than a HU tournies. MTT tournies are fun where as HU tourines are just who can gets stuck with a 2nd best hand first.

Isura
12-21-2005, 12:00 AM
[ QUOTE ]

I would much rather we had a deepstacked MTT tourney than a HU tournies. MTT tournies are fun where as HU tourines are just who can gets stuck with a 2nd best hand first.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, I prefer the MTT as well. It makes it possible to talk trash to 8 of you at the same time. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

4_2_it
12-21-2005, 09:34 AM
The only problem that you have with a dep stack tourney is that some of us actually have to be at work at 8AM EST. If we start a tourney at 9PM on a week night, most of us cannot commit to stay up until 2-3AM to finish. I am fine with midnight give or take, but 3AM is a little much.

I suggest we start small and try to set up a structure that encourages the most people to play. I'll slap a poll together for dates soon.

GrunchCan
12-21-2005, 11:38 AM
[ QUOTE ]
some of us actually have to get up at 5:30 AM CST to go to the gym before work

[/ QUOTE ]

AYP (adapeted your post)

beavens
12-21-2005, 12:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
some of us actually have to get up at 5:30 AM CST to go to the gym before work

[/ QUOTE ]

AYP (adapeted your post)

[/ QUOTE ]

meh.. i struggle going before.. i always go after work.

prk
12-21-2005, 12:52 PM
I am definetly down for one of these. EST was my vote, BTW.