PDA

View Full Version : Minimal amount of grooming you do before leaving the house

kenberman
12-20-2005, 11:47 AM
Basically, what's the minimal amount you will do before leaving your house/apt.

Let's say it's a Saturday, and you aren't working/going to school. Will you leave the house w/o combing your hair? if so, will you wear a hat?

do you always brush your teeth?

will you wear sweatpants/trackpants outside? or any other clothes you typically wear only inside (old sweatshirts, ect)

for the sake of argument, "outside" means go anywhere outside: across the street to the drugstore, to get the newspaper in your driveway, cup of coffee, whatever.

WackityWhiz
12-20-2005, 11:50 AM
I basically shower before I go out at night, even though it could be my 2nd shower of the day. I don't want 18 hour old balls exposed to a female. And I always brush my teeth before I leave and I always have gum ready. Can never be too safe when it comes to stank breath.

If i'm just going over to my girlfriends house and I know we won't be going out, I will sometimes go in gym shorts...

12-20-2005, 11:53 AM
Minimum:
Shower
No Shave
Combed Hair
Teeth brushed
Polo/other simple shirt
jeans

I abhor shaving so this is the only thing I won't do on a saturday.

p.s. get the paper and go to the drugstore are different levels. For the paper - no grooming / t-shirt / sweats

12-20-2005, 11:54 AM
On a Saturday with no work, just running to the store?

Up and out of bed I go! Shoes might be a requirement.

And since that is my head, I dont worry about my hair much
<---------

RunDownHouse
12-20-2005, 11:55 AM
Mouthwash. That's it.

I'll throw a hat on if my hair is long enough to be messy. A baseball hat.

Soul Daddy
12-20-2005, 11:57 AM
I brush my teeth first thing in the morning regardless, but that's more for me than anyone else. If it's a quick run to the store, then zero grooming is required. I'll go in my pajama bottoms on especially lazy days.

kenberman
12-20-2005, 12:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
p.s. get the paper and go to the drugstore are different levels. For the paper - no grooming / t-shirt / sweats

[/ QUOTE ]

you see, this is why I asked the question. I live across the street (literally 40 feet) from Walgreens, which has about 3 food aisles and lots of homegoods. this supplies many of my day to day needs. I typically go there in "getting the newspaper attire" - which is absolutely no grooming at all - but I'm thinking I shouldn't.

Alobar
12-20-2005, 12:13 PM
hair is super short, so it never gets combed. I brush me teeth if im going to be out for a while, but if im just making a convience store run or something, then I do nothing. If its my drive way or something, then I dont even get dressed. I pushed my trash to the curb this morning in my boxers

12-20-2005, 12:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

you see, this is why I asked the question. I live across the street (literally 40 feet) from Walgreens, which has about 3 food aisles and lots of homegoods. this supplies many of my day to day needs. I typically go there in "getting the newspaper attire" - which is absolutely no grooming at all - but I'm thinking I shouldn't.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you are a regular there (and why wouldn't you be?), I think you could get away with an occasional no shower/hat/t-shirt/shorts/flip-flops scenario. However, I wouldn't so this evertime because then the employees will secretly say "Here's comes that scummy guy from across the street!"

http://img363.imageshack.us/img363/6449/jerk0fy.jpg

lu_hawk
12-20-2005, 12:19 PM
I would normally be the kind of guy who would run to the store looking very badly but now I have a dog so when I take him out I make sure I look decent because chances are I will see a girl walking her dog, or some girl will want to pet my dog.