PDA

View Full Version : Stu Ungar - Plays

buddha01
12-20-2005, 11:16 AM
Hello
Before I ask my question check this hand out, this is the hand which finally made me bite the bullet and stop playing on WH.
Full Ring Game.
Preflop hand held -Jack Nine.
Raise PreFlop.
Some body re-rasies, I call one other person stays in.
The flop hits and its a 10-queen-queen.

I of course have the straight with either a king or a 8. I bet or a bet goes down not a large one, I stay in forth card a King. I made the straight, I raise, guy re-raises I go all in.

Guess what the guy has a queen ten, guy flopped a full house, and couple that with me hitting my striaght on the forth card, Ive had it with WH, all I ever see on there is bad beats blantant head offs on purpose.

My question-Were can I read some hand examples [Hand Historys] of the player Stu Ungar. Is there a book detailing his play, Id like to read how he played, I understand he was a presure player..

http://www.blindbetpoker.com/img/news/stu-ungar-one-kind.jpg
http://www.homepokergames.com/ungar.php

4_2_it
12-20-2005, 11:23 AM
How is that a bad beat? You were behind pre-flop, way behind after the flop and got your money drawing dead. All-in with a straight that doesn't make the nuts on a Broadway paired board is not a +EV play.

I haven't sen anything like you are looking for. Hard to get hand histories befor ethere were cameras that told what cards each player was holding.

djoyce003
12-20-2005, 12:05 PM
first of all, what is WH?

Second of all, you raised with J 9 in a full ring game, then you were bad enough to call a reraise with it? Seriously, it's not the site that's broken it is your HORRIBLE play. What is reraising, typically AK, KK, AA....you got all your money in with a straight on a paired board against a reraise with a QQT flop and then a K on the turn? You are behind almost 100% of the time here. You should have folded to the flop reraise and you wouldn't have lost anything other than your standard raise.

4_2_it
12-20-2005, 12:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
first of all, what is WH?

[/ QUOTE ]

One of the Cryptos I believe (William Hill?).

tripp0807
12-20-2005, 12:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Hello
Before I ask my question check this hand out, this is the hand which finally made me bite the bullet and stop playing on WH.
Full Ring Game.
Raise PreFlop.

I of course have the straight with either a king or a 8. I bet or a bet goes down not a large one, I stay in forth card a King. I made the straight, I raise, guy re-raises I go all in.

Guess what the guy has a queen ten, guy flopped a full house, and couple that with me hitting my striaght on the forth card, Ive had it with WH, all I ever see on there is bad beats blantant head offs on purpose.

My question-Were can I read some hand examples [Hand Historys] of the player Stu Ungar. Is there a book detailing his play, Id like to read how he played, I understand he was a presure player..

[/ QUOTE ]

It sounds like you are on drugs. Is that why you want to read about Ungar?

You can find relevant hand histories from Mr. Ungar's career on the internet somewhere. I believe the web address is something like www.getlostanddonotposthereagain.

12-20-2005, 01:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Hello
Full Ring Game.
Raise PreFlop.

[/ QUOTE ]

It sounds like you are on drugs. Is that why you want to read about Ungar?

You can find relevant hand histories from Mr. Ungar's career on the internet somewhere. I believe the web address is something like www.getlostanddonotposthereagain.

[/ QUOTE ]

Gotta love the humor on 2+2 if nothing else.

12-20-2005, 01:42 PM
Moral of the story: Don't raise pre-flop with J9

tripp0807
12-20-2005, 01:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Moral of the story: Don't raise pre-flop with J9 at sites where the software is clearly rigged

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP.

buddha01
12-21-2005, 05:31 AM
I was considering your post yesterday off line and I completly disagree, if he had a single queen (to make three of a kind) my straight would have beaten him. You guys dont know how to play poker if you dont know how to mix it up now and then, look what happen to me I got beat byt the ONLY hand possible to beat me, or else he would have need to be on a draw to hit a striaght with a jack ace no?

From what I remember it was cheap to see the forth card he wanted me in of course flopping a full house.

Normally yes play tight and only raise with the card you have mentioned but from time to time you have to raise off card becuase if you hit on the flop the extra dollar it cost you to make some body put you on a certain hand is more than worth it, all in worth it.

I was unlucky on the hand, dont insult me about drugs I dont take drugs and I drink very rarely. Xmas blessings to you thou, enjoy the seasion..

Peace /images/graemlins/cool.gif

scrapperdog
12-21-2005, 05:38 AM
[ QUOTE ]
You guys dont know how to play poker if you dont know how to mix it up now and then

[/ QUOTE ]

OMG, did you read my post last time you asked a question? Every time you have posted here you bring up "mixing it up". You are obsessed with this and my guess is that you mix it up every hand. Forget everything you have learned about mixing it up. Your right, we dont know how to play poker.

Tropex
12-21-2005, 06:28 AM
Hehe, it wasn't a bad beat as you were behind all the way.