PDA

View Full Version : I want everyone to berate me for this play

12-20-2005, 03:35 AM
Wow please dig into me so I don't make this call ever again.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (5 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx (http://www.zerodivide.cx/converter)

SB ($38.85)
BB ($70.90)
Hero ($49.40)
MP ($50.95)
Button ($27.15)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 7/images/graemlins/club.gif.
Hero calls $0.50, MP calls $0.50, Button calls $0.50, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: ($2.50) 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, T/images/graemlins/heart.gif, Q/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, Hero checks, MP checks, Button checks.

Turn: ($2.50) 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $2</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises to $50.45</font>, Button folds, SB folds, BB folds, Hero calls $46.90 (All-In).

River: ($101.85) 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players, 1 all-in)</font>

Final Pot: $101.85

PoBoy321
12-20-2005, 03:38 AM
Yeah, I don't know why you didn't lead this flop. There were a ton of straight draws. I don't think that the turn call is that bad because there's still a reasonable chance you have the best hand, and you have redraws if you're behind.

12-20-2005, 03:44 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, I don't know why you didn't lead this flop. There were a ton of straight draws. I don't think that the turn call is that bad because there's still a reasonable chance you have the best hand, and you have redraws if you're behind.

[/ QUOTE ]

Spot on, but you won't always have redraws when you're behind. Could very easily be TT here.

Mathemagician
12-20-2005, 03:49 AM
The call ain't the problem here. Bet the flop!

M

PoBoy321
12-20-2005, 03:57 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Spot on, but you won't always have redraws when you're behind. Could very easily be TT here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Possibly, but I think that a typical player raises TT in MP 5-handed.

12-20-2005, 04:10 AM
wtf is with villians raise on the turn? seems like the worst play possible for any hand that they might possess.

12-20-2005, 04:13 AM
[ QUOTE ]
wtf is with villians raise on the turn? seems like the worst play possible for any hand that they might possess.

[/ QUOTE ]

well someone called didnt they /images/graemlins/shocked.gif

FreakDaddy
12-20-2005, 04:29 AM
Lead the flop. Poop on the turn.

ticks
12-20-2005, 09:10 AM
re: villains turn raise
massive overbets sometimes get called,
because it looks like you want people to fold.
(im not sure this was a good spot though)

djoyce003
12-20-2005, 09:52 AM
wow the flop is horrible. Nobody raised preflop so why did you think someone was going to bet that flop. Lead right out on the flop. I you can pretty much safely say that anyone that checks the turn, then raises all in on the turn in a tiny pot has the nuts so the call is relatively bad, but they probably have QT enough of the time plus your redraws hit enough of the time to make it ok. The real issue is that you let him suck out for free then paid him off.

TheCat
12-20-2005, 10:48 AM
In small stakes play a bet like this could be anything from a cold bluff through a semi-bluff (most likly in my experience) to top pair or whatever. With a stong hand like trips and not too many ways to be beaten I wouldn't think long about calling this.
It's unlikly villian has trip Ts or Qs as he would have rasied preflop.

EMcWilliams
12-20-2005, 11:18 AM
I smell 98 here...ouch. Lead the flop, lead the turn, call his rr on the turn and pray the river pairs the board.

FreakDaddy
12-20-2005, 03:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is one of those hands that I don't want to find out for 100BB's that villian limped 89 and hopes you will miss it and call with your TP. If he's bluffing, good for him, but I'd estimate you're behind here over 97% of the time. If villian had a history of massively over betting the pot, then considering a call here isn't bad. I'm suprised people are advocting a call honestly.

Guin
12-20-2005, 04:05 PM
5 handed don't you raise this hand preflop?

Ricardido
12-20-2005, 04:08 PM
I think villain can have QT/AQ type hands here alot of the time although i certainly would be betting into a board like this on the flop- hoping to get someone playing back at me.

The huge over bet on the turn can mean anything but i would lean towards a reluctant call and hope to fill up on the river.

hfrog355
12-20-2005, 04:18 PM
I'm going to side with most everyone here. I think QQ, 10-10 must raise preflop, so you can't really put anyone on those. This all in bet just reeks of 8-9. With no one raising preflop and no one betting that flop, I'm going to make the same call 90% of the time.

12-20-2005, 05:36 PM
Bet the flop. The hand plays much easier.

As is, I don't think it's a HORRIBLE call. But it's almost a 1:1 call. The pot is small before villain pushes so you may just wanna give this one to him and punch yourself in the balls and realize you should bet the flop next time.