PDA

View Full Version : Spewing? TT 25NL Stars

12-20-2005, 03:34 AM
No reads. I find out later that BB is a donk. I figure since he's a little short, there's no real way he's going to call a bet on the turn without being commited. Good?

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (8 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Hero ($25.05)
CO ($5.75)
Button ($17.65)
SB ($31.75)
BB ($15.45)
UTG ($14.50)
UTG+1 ($18.05)
MP1 ($38.55)

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with T/images/graemlins/club.gif, T/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG calls $0.25, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $1.25</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, BB calls $1, UTG folds.

Flop: ($2.85) 3/images/graemlins/club.gif, 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $3</font>, BB calls $3.

Turn: ($8.85) 7/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $20.8 (All-In)</font>, BB calls $11.20 (All-In).

River: ($40.85) 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players, 2 all-in)</font>

Final Pot: $40.85

Spaded
12-20-2005, 04:07 AM
You will generally only be called by hands that beat you when you go all in for that amount, so don't risk your whole stack on that, you won't get paid off enough to make it a +EV move

ajmargarine
12-20-2005, 05:02 AM
[ QUOTE ]
You will generally only be called by hands that beat you when you go all in for that amount, so don't risk your whole stack on that, you won't get paid off enough to make it a +EV move

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, but any bet Hero makes ties him to the pot because of villian's stack size. Might as well put villian all-in on the turn. nh, OP.

12-20-2005, 05:27 AM
I think my standard play here would be to check behind. I think you will win more money when you do have a better hand this way and I don't think there is much villian could be drawing to that he doesn't already have made (overcards maybe). Anyone think this is too weak?

cardsharkk04
12-20-2005, 05:36 AM
At these stakes its usually pretty dumb to get rid of an overpair as long as you are playing it fast. I see no problem with this bet, as you are most likely ahead. I've done this tons of times and a lot of times a bad player will go ahead and call anyway with top pair becuase they think "if he has an overpair, why would he bet so much?" There are so many players that think an overbet means a bluff, so don't be afraid to do once in a while.

energyjoe
12-20-2005, 06:00 AM
Villains stack was so small that putting him all-in is fine. He's committed. You'll run into JJ/QQ sometimes but case 9x, 88, 77, 66, 55, 65 etc is much more likely.

Don't check the turn. Two nasty things happen:
1. Free card for villain
2. A reason to get away of his hand if he bets small on river and you raise. Or a cheap showdown when he bets small and you don't raise.

trumpman84
12-20-2005, 07:12 AM
I think its very likely you are ahead, villain has shown no strength, and his stack is at the size where if you bet again and get raised all in, you are calling anyway..I'd put him in here everytime.

12-20-2005, 07:17 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I think my standard play here would be to check behind. I think you will win more money when you do have a better hand this way and I don't think there is much villian could be drawing to that he doesn't already have made (overcards maybe). Anyone think this is too weak?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it's a very bad decision to check behind. If the flop comes an over to your TT and he bets you are now completely left in the dark. At such small limits I'd say the most probable hand he has is overs. Definitely not wise to give free cards in my opinion. I like the push.

4_2_it
12-20-2005, 09:46 AM
Looks fine. Pot is ~$8 villain has $11. I would put him in everytime.

12-20-2005, 05:41 PM
He turns over 56o for the caught OESD. Alright, so he called PF hoping for a flop like this, then proceeds to call a PSB OTF w/ an OESD. I guess he plays jackpot odds like that and he hit. He loses money in the long run, so I earn Sklansky bucks, no? I'm wondering if there's any way I could've gotten out of this hand, but I doubt it.

Finite_Risk
12-20-2005, 05:48 PM
Not even close to deep enough for him to call this preflop (or on the flop)

Deposit sklansky bucks (Pokertracker needs a stat for that!)

12-20-2005, 05:53 PM
Sounds like you know exactly why you played this correctly.

poboy
12-20-2005, 06:06 PM
The only thing donkish about how villian played his hand was not pushing the flop. His stack was certainly deep enough to call with connected cards(I'd prefer suited also but doesn't matter), he only called 6-7% of his stack pf. If he believed hero would double him up then his call is good. JMO

man
12-20-2005, 06:26 PM
I've taken a four-month hiatus from poker, and this is my first post back. forgive me if I give sinfully bad advice.

I don't really like the flop bet because you risk pushing out middle pairs. I usually go for 2/3 of the pot. it keeps the pot on the small side, it gives them bad odds to call (but I think the odds are still correct for OESD), and it entices weak hands to call in my opinion.

you can get away with the turn push if you think this guy is a caller. but generally I would wait until the river to get the rest in.