PDA

View Full Version : 55s overplayed??

JacksonTens
12-20-2005, 01:30 AM
Villain is best opp at table plays 20/40 although by no means is he out of my league. He is TAG a little looser than I.

Table is passive, usually 5 to flop. I find this Ideal for small PPs.

$6/12 9 handed
Hero is MP3 with 5 /images/graemlins/heart.gif 5 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

fold, UTG+1 calls, 2 folds, Hero calls, CO raises, 3 folds, UTG+1 calls, hero calls

Flop (3) 6 SB 3 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 4 /images/graemlins/heart.gif /images/graemlins/heart.gif J /images/graemlins/club.gif
UTG+1 checks, Hero bets, CO calls
[I have been doing this regularly is SH pots with 2nd pair etc, what do we think]

Here is another example.

Tough game. 3 to flop. Most players medium to good. Villain is ave.

$6/12 9 handed
Hero is MP1 with A /images/graemlins/spade.gif T /images/graemlins/spade.gif

2 folds, Hero calls, 2 folds, CO raises, 2 folds, BB calls
[I know I can raise, but given the table situation at the time, I felt it wasn't right]
Flop (3) 6 SB 7 /images/graemlins/spade.gif J /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 7 /images/graemlins/heart.gif
BB checks, Hero bets, CO calls, BB folds

Turn (2) 4BB 5 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif
Hero bets, CO calls
[CO's overcards still haven't hit]
River (2) 6BB 5 /images/graemlins/heart.gif
Hero bets..
[I feel at worst I'm splitting]

JT /images/graemlins/spade.gif

Gravy (Gravy Smoothie)
12-20-2005, 01:32 AM
I'm checking and folding both of these flops.

Clarkmeister
12-20-2005, 02:19 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm checking and folding both of these flops.

[/ QUOTE ]

The first one depends on the action, but you shouldn't be preplanning to check-fold on that board with that pot.

Jake (The Snake)
12-20-2005, 03:34 AM
[ QUOTE ]

The first one depends on the action, but you shouldn't be preplanning to check-fold on that board with that pot.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree and I think this is a hand many small stakes readers would get wrong.

(By the way from the action it looks like the pot is 7.5 SB, not 6)

Our backdoor straight outs are very clean here, I think giving 1.5 outs is very reasonable. Then we have 2 pretty clean set outs, maybe call it 1.8 outs. Altogether we have 3.3 outs. If the action goes CO bets, UTG+1 calls, we are getting 9.5:1 and with implied odds probably have enough to call on that alone.

Now, count the times we have the best hand (quite often) and CO gives up on the turn or something, this becomes a pretty easy call imo.

Clarkmeister
12-20-2005, 01:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I think this is a hand many small stakes readers would get wrong.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yup. It's a great example of where one needs to be willing to evaluate action and take a variety of lines based on that action and the specific preflop raiser's tendancies. Betting, check-calling, check-folding and check-raising are all things that should be considered depending on the situational specifics and flop action.

JacksonTens
12-21-2005, 01:12 AM
So we think hand 1. is alright then. Hand 2? Or should that be considered player dependant? As is, this is an obvious play with a worse hand.

JT /images/graemlins/spade.gif