PDA

View Full Version : $22: SB, Bubble, 2x minraises, and we have TT

GtrHtr
12-20-2005, 12:36 AM
F'ing converter.

Seat 2 had been playing the big stack poorly. He’d been keeping all of us short stacks alive through some horrible play, such as minraising, then folding to a push. I wasn’t worried about him.

Seat 3 was a donk, misplayed several hands and was Mr. up and down stack. A good example is his cold call of this minraise by seat 2.

I put seat 2 on any 2 and seat 3 on Ax.

How do you play this?

#Game No : 3229850613
***** Hand History for Game 3229850613 *****
NL Texas Hold'em $20 Buy-in + $2 Entry Fee Trny:18427575 Level:5 Blinds(75/150) - Monday, December 19, 20:28:31 EDT 2005
Table Table 67242 (Real Money)
Seat 3 is the button
Total number of players : 4
Seat 8: GtrHtr ( $780 )
Seat 3: dude in seat 3 ( $1370 )
Seat 2: dude in seat 2 ( $5070 )
Seat 9: dude in seat 9 ( $780 )
Trny:18427575 Level:5
Blinds(75/150)
** Dealing down cards **
Dealt to GtrHtr [ Td Ts ]
dude in seat 2 raises [300].
dude in seat 3 calls [300].
GtrHtr ???

12-20-2005, 12:39 AM
I'd push. You are tied for 4th in chips, TT is too big an edge to give up.

But my bubble play makes people vomit, so I'd wait for a 2nd opinion.

12-20-2005, 12:42 AM
I push this. If seat 3 is not tricky and is just a calling station, I think he will fold often enough to your push. Also, you probably have the best hand, so if you get a call it's not a disaster. You are tied for 4th, so you have to win chips somewhere unless seat 9 really sucks. Finally, if you do get called and win, you will be in second instead of fourth and your stack will be over 10BBs, giving you more time to pick your spots.

12-20-2005, 12:49 AM
Fold. Seat 9 has two blinds on him next. That could break him unless vtight or picks up big hand. You're only afraid of everyone folding to his BB next, and with 2 donkey stacks (who could also bust vs. eachother in this hand w/o your push), that probably won't happen. Your read and previous hands vs. Seat 9 are crucial - he is your main opponent right now.

GtrHtr
12-20-2005, 01:15 AM
Seat 9 is in the BB on this hand.

Scuba Chuck
12-20-2005, 01:19 AM
Grunch

I'd push and hope Seat 2 calls, and Seat 3 folds. Good post.

12-20-2005, 01:20 AM
My fault. But even more reason to fold - his BB has now been raised and cold called - this is dream for you, two donkeys are assuming attacking risk for you.

Scuba Chuck
12-20-2005, 01:25 AM
[ QUOTE ]
My fault. But even more reason to fold - his BB has now been raised and cold called - this is dream for you, two donkeys are assuming attacking risk for you.

[/ QUOTE ]

There are certainly pros and cons to this strategy. I feel certain, there are more cons though.

12-20-2005, 01:50 AM
I'm a donkey, but I push.

You need chips from somewhere or you're 50/50 to get blinded out before the money.

TT could be the best hand you see for a Long time.

12-20-2005, 01:58 AM
All depends on what players you're playing with. I'm used to playing 200's on Inter with mostly non-sng adapted players, so it works well. Put together an SNG of 2+2ers, and my game is no good.

GtrHtr
12-20-2005, 02:33 AM
[ QUOTE ]
All depends on what players you're playing with. I'm used to playing 200's on Inter with mostly non-sng adapted players, so it works well. Put together an SNG of 2+2ers, and my game is no good.

[/ QUOTE ]

Really? I need to move up.

redrooski24
12-20-2005, 04:49 AM
stop n go looks best here to me, push any non A flop. You're probably getting called in both spots if you push, which you don't want.

12-20-2005, 06:11 AM
i would never play stop and go here

if you call the minraise you are left with 480 chips and a 1050 chips pot.
i think you wont get FE by most players if they catch anything. (pair or draw)

so push or fold would be a much better play

sometimes i would push (playing for first)
somtimes i would fold(survive)

runner4life7
12-20-2005, 06:32 AM
Wow, this is a tough one, I think I push but I dont feel too great about it. I can see reason for folding too though because after calling the guy has 1000 and the other small stack is BB so a fold might not be bad because you arent going to be sitting good when they both call you. Im really torn sorry for rambling.

12-20-2005, 06:42 AM
im pushing with only 5 times the big blind.
there is no FE here tho.
i think it nice to see some action when u have a strong hand

GtrHtr
12-20-2005, 11:27 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Wow, this is a tough one, I think I push but I dont feel too great about it. I can see reason for folding too though because after calling the guy has 1000 and the other small stack is BB so a fold might not be bad because you arent going to be sitting good when they both call you. Im really torn sorry for rambling.

[/ QUOTE ]

It is a tough hand. Clearly, Scuba is correct IF this is a push, I'd want seat 2 to call, not seat 3.

pergesu
12-20-2005, 11:40 AM
Dude was this against me? I swear I remember a hand almost exactly like this yesterday.

Just to reiterate what's been said, tough situation. I'm not sure it matters a whole lot what you do here, honestly. Not saying that it's not important to think about, because it most certainly is, I just don't know that there's a huge difference EV-wise. Surely someone will correct me if I'm wrong.

I would lean towards pushing here...mainly because there's a chance I could take down the pot right now..

[censored], I don't know anymore. If you push they both might very well call and then you're up against probably like 3 overcards which is quite bad. Fold and push the next hand I guess?

GtrHtr
12-20-2005, 11:43 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Dude was this against me? I swear I remember a hand almost exactly like this yesterday.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ur like the 4th poster to ask this question. I assume you are thinking ur seat 3? /images/graemlins/blush.gif

12-20-2005, 11:50 AM
Push becuase I'm there to take 1st

pergesu
12-20-2005, 11:52 AM
Nah, realized it can't be me. There's no way I would cold call a min-raise in position on the bubble. What I remember was a similar situation where I cold called a raise in the SB hoping the BB would fold so I could SNG into only one player.

But I mean if seat 3 is a donk and has been misplaying a lot of hands, it easily coulda been me, just in a different tourney. jackass.

GtrHtr
12-20-2005, 12:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Nah, realized it can't be me. There's no way I would cold call a min-raise in position on the bubble. What I remember was a similar situation where I cold called a raise in the SB hoping the BB would fold so I could SNG into only one player.

But I mean if seat 3 is a donk and has been misplaying a lot of hands, it easily coulda been me, just in a different tourney. You are a genius .

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP.

I did actually think it was you at one point. Did you ever coach anyone?

12-20-2005, 01:44 PM
I think folding here would be very bad. You have to push. Obviously, they both have to call if you push, but from your reads, it sounds like there's at least some chance seat 3 might foolishly fold. Best case scenario for you is they both have acerag. Worst case (other than the highly unlikely overpair) would probably be that you are up against three overcards with a chance to triple up. Finally, you can't wait for the other small stack to bust, because you'll be totally crippled in the process, especially since you stated that the donks have shown a propensity for keeping the short stacks alive.