PDA

View Full Version : $1/$2 Stud High - Looking for a hand

greenage
12-20-2005, 12:16 AM
7 Card Stud High ($1/$2), Ante $0.10, Bring-In $0.50 (converter (http://j.1asphost.com/greenage))

3rd Street - (0.80 SB)

Seat 1: xx xx 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif___calls
Seat 2: xx xx 9/images/graemlins/club.gif___folds
Seat 3: xx xx 8/images/graemlins/club.gif___folds
Seat 4: xx xx 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif___folds
Seat 5: xx xx 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif___brings-in
Seat 6: xx xx K/images/graemlins/heart.gif___calls
Hero: 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif A/images/graemlins/spade.gif Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___calls
Seat 8: xx xx T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___folds

4th Street - (2.80 SB)

Seat 1: xx xx 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif___checks
Seat 5: xx xx 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif___checks
Seat 6: xx xx K/images/graemlins/heart.gif 4/images/graemlins/club.gif___checks
Hero: 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif A/images/graemlins/spade.gif Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___checks

5th Street - (1.40 BB)

Seat 1: xx xx 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif___folds
Seat 5: xx xx 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif J/images/graemlins/heart.gif___folds
Seat 6: xx xx K/images/graemlins/heart.gif 4/images/graemlins/club.gif J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___checks___calls
Hero: 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif A/images/graemlins/spade.gif Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___bets

6th Street - (3.40 BB)

Seat 6: xx xx K/images/graemlins/heart.gif 4/images/graemlins/club.gif J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif___checks___calls
Hero: 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif A/images/graemlins/spade.gif Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif___bets

River - (5.40 BB)

Seat 6: xx xx K/images/graemlins/heart.gif 4/images/graemlins/club.gif J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif xx___checks___calls
Hero: 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif A/images/graemlins/spade.gif Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif A/images/graemlins/club.gif___bets

Total pot: (7.40 BB)

Andy B
12-20-2005, 03:25 AM
Muck third, but everything else looks good.

benwood
12-20-2005, 03:30 AM
I would bet 4th.

Roland
12-20-2005, 05:38 AM
About a year ago I was sitting in the $6/$12 on Paradise and there was this total maniac at the table. He kept typing this little rap into the chatbox:

I start with air and then fight <font color="white">_ </font> t o <font color="white">_ </font> g e t <font color="white"> _ </font> t h e r e.

I was on a 1k roll when I started and at the end I had 2k. The maniac and the fact that I was rolled up over 20 times helped.
Those were the days…

Jeffage
12-20-2005, 09:26 AM
I'm folding third also.

Jeff

greenage
12-20-2005, 12:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I start with air and then fight _ t o _ g e t _ t h e r e.

[/ QUOTE ]

Lol. Yea, between the small ante and large BI, that limp was a bit of third street spewage. But, ya know, I was just trying to find a couple of extra hands to play.

The results are kind of humorous and NOT intended to be results oriented…

The King had nothing, just King high versus my mighty Ace high. He chased the whole way to river a pair of eights.

greenage
12-20-2005, 04:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I would bet 4th.

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't know about that benwood. That limp on third was pretty light and I'm not gonna get everyone to fold. Heck, the King called me down with air. I don't want to put in any more money when I'll probably have to fold on fifth, let alone risk a raise on fourth.

12-20-2005, 08:50 PM
Well, I agree that folding 3rd is the sure play. Even wanting to play, this still isn't the hand. Even if the K's limp is weak, pairing the Q could be a disaster.

But if you are gonna play, raise 3rd.

greenage
12-20-2005, 09:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
But if you are gonna play, raise 3rd.

[/ QUOTE ]

If nothing else completing in this kind of situation will make me think twice about playing this junk.

I don’t think the King would have limped if he had split Kings, he was too aggressive for that. With a completion, I might have been able to parlay our two strong door-cards into an additional fold or two. Does that make any sense?