twhet calls [50].
** Dealing Flop ** [ 3c, 6c, 7d ]
MSUcougar checks.
twhet bets [80].
jahangir calls [80].
PASSdaSUGAH is all-In [635]
coimbra folds.
MSUcougar ???

This is the 8th hand of the tournament. thwet's bet and (PF raiser) jahinger's call both seem weak. PASSdaSUGAH had made a standard PF raise/Cbet/Fold on the first hand to lose 200 chips. I can't necessarily consider him a donk.

I've seen this type of push be several things... it could be a set/overpair/straight fastplaying on a coordinated board... it could also be A7, FD or middle PP... I also can't discount the possibility of one of the others left to act having a hand here...

So anyways, is this a good spot to accumulate chips early on from a donk or a good spot to lose 3/4 (or more) of my stack on a reckless gamble?

Comments on PF and flop action are welcome, though I think both are fairly standard...

12-19-2005, 10:50 PM
Preflop: Pretty standard to me, I play TT OOP the same way.

Flop: I like to lead here, as you will never get bluff-raised by overcards on this flop (as I often do to test those who lead into my PFR). If the PFR raises , you can easily fold, if he calls on that draw heavy board you have the best hand.

I'm not sure about that push from PSD. To me the preflop action discounts JJ+. My gut tells me that he is steaming a bit from his loss on the very first hand and is pushing a wider range than I initially gave him credit for. I would probably make the call, I don't think JJ+ bets so small on this flop from twhet, and I think a set or JJ+ raises instead of cold calling (jahangir's line)
If I was going to call at all though, I would push. Tough for either of them to call with one pair hands there.

Roman
12-19-2005, 10:50 PM
too much can go wrong, I lay this down.

12-19-2005, 10:57 PM
tough decision, but without a reason to believe PAS has some donk in him I fold. I think you see JJ/QQ more than 88/99, and flush draw with over cards a good portion of the time, in which you are still a coinflip. That, with the addition of fast played sets makes me think you are behind way more of time. Obviously if it was later in the tourney I would be much more likely to call

12-19-2005, 11:00 PM
I guess it's safer to lay this down but I am ahead more than I think when I make this fold.