PDA

View Full Version : I got demoted after only 3 days back on the job :(

tonypaladino
12-19-2005, 09:56 PM
I went back to my crappy department supervisor job at Barnes & Noble on Thursday, so I could get some extra cash.

On Saturday, my 3rd day back, I was in charge of crowd control. I was near the back of the store, directing people onto the line and making sure nobody cut in where the line broke so people could pass.

They gave me a traffic wand, like this
http://img521.imageshack.us/img521/295/700t60004ny.th.jpg (http://img521.imageshack.us/my.php?image=700t60004ny.jpg)
to make directing people easier.

So, some dude cuts into the line, and I tell him to get in the back. He says he was in the line the whole time, I tell him to get to the back again. He says "F--- Off", and then I say "If you don't get off the f-----g line, I'm going to shove this thing up your f-----g ass and throw you out of the f-----g store."

Thats when the Assistant Store Manager put her hand on my shoulder and asked me to come into the back with her.

Now I'm a [censored] cashier. I think I may have anger issues.

surfinillini
12-19-2005, 09:57 PM
I think you may need a college degree /images/graemlins/smile.gif

tonypaladino
12-19-2005, 09:58 PM
I will have one at the end of January (god willing)

DrSavage
12-19-2005, 09:59 PM
Awesome story.

What made you abandon the noble profession of eating stacks of butter for money and go work for the Man though?

ThaSaltCracka
12-19-2005, 10:00 PM
You are an idiot.

Ulysses
12-19-2005, 10:01 PM
Tony,

Awesome. I hope you burn the place down or something.

istewart
12-19-2005, 10:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Awesome story.

What made you abandon the noble profession of eating stacks of butter for money and go work for the Man though?

[/ QUOTE ]

Nice.

Riverman
12-19-2005, 10:05 PM
I would have promoted you

turnipmonster
12-19-2005, 10:05 PM
diablo,
this is my favorite scene in harold and kumar. vnh

Ulysses
12-19-2005, 10:07 PM
turnip,

I wasn't really making a movie reference there, but if I were, it would have been to Office Space. I do like that Harold and Kumar a lot, though.

tonypaladino
12-19-2005, 10:11 PM
Dr. S: Butter eating wasn't as lucrative as it seemed at the time.

Diablo: It's a huge brick building with high ceilings, I don't think a fire would spread well.

River: I totally assumed she was taking me to the back to congratulate me. Oh well.

12-19-2005, 10:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Diablo: It's a huge brick building with high ceilings, I don't think a fire would spread well.

[/ QUOTE ]

Full of PAPER!!! I think it would burn fine.

Sponger15SB
12-19-2005, 10:13 PM
I would have told him to leave the store. Then again, because people still believe that the customer is always right, you probably would have gotten in trouble for that anyways.

tonypaladino
12-19-2005, 10:15 PM
I was in a position to tell him to leave, however I should have told him nicely to leave, then radioed (sp?) for security if he didn't. The issue was the 3 f-bombs and sodomy threat screamed on the crowded sales floor.

LeatherFace
12-19-2005, 10:18 PM
Its seems like a stupid idea to put a huge, angry butter eating maniac on cashier. I'd keep him on crowd control or fire him or give him a bj.

I guess your best bet at this job is to just stand there and look at the babes. If someone budges, look away.

Blarg
12-19-2005, 10:18 PM
Nothing sucks like being the guy in charge of taking all the blame but given no power.

12-19-2005, 10:22 PM
Yeah, I gotta go with Acme on this one, it's full of paper...

kipin
12-19-2005, 10:27 PM
I'm still trying to imagine someone directing me with a traffic wand inside a retail store.

Sounds quite hilarious actually.

12-19-2005, 10:36 PM
You need to bang that chick from MySpace to relieve some tension.

d10
12-19-2005, 11:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'd keep him on crowd control or fire him or give him a bj.

[/ QUOTE ]

wtf?

pokerdirty
12-19-2005, 11:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
It's a huge brick building with high ceilings, I don't think a fire would spread well

[/ QUOTE ]

so it's safe to assume you aren't getting your degree in fire engineering?

sublime
12-19-2005, 11:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
It's a huge brick building with high ceilings, I don't think a fire would spread well

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

LMAO

TheIrishThug
12-19-2005, 11:13 PM
i think the issue would be that, yes the books burn. but the paper won't last long. and the brick wall and high celings would prevent the building from actually going dowin in flames.

bwana devil
12-19-2005, 11:14 PM
i think absolute has an opening.

edit to add: id hate to hear how you talk to grandmas

bwana

tonypaladino
12-19-2005, 11:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

apparently not. Common sense would tell me that open space and non-flamable materials would be non-condusive to a fire, I could be wrong.

Anyway, books don't burn very easily, there isn't a lot of oxygen between the pages.

Blarg
12-19-2005, 11:21 PM
Is fire engineering the driving of fire engines?

tonypaladino
12-19-2005, 11:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Is fire engineering the driving of fire engines?

[/ QUOTE ]

It's how to build fires, duh!

pokerdirty
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

apparently not. Common sense would tell me that open space and non-flamable materials would be non-condusive to a fire, I could be wrong.

Anyway, books don't burn very easily, there isn't a lot of oxygen between the pages.

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't lie. You either just looked all that [censored] up, or you saw it in the Barnes & Noble training video. Am I right?

tonypaladino
wha?

pokerdirty
12-19-2005, 11:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
wha?

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you. Good night. I'll be here all week. Don't forget to tip your waitress.

tonypaladino
12-19-2005, 11:27 PM
no tipping posts

12-19-2005, 11:33 PM
oot

12-19-2005, 11:33 PM
woot

lighterjobs
12-19-2005, 11:34 PM
at least you didn't actually stick the wand up his ass.

that probably would have got you fired.

surfinillini
12-19-2005, 11:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
at least you didn't actually stick the wand up his ass.

that probably would have got you fired.

[/ QUOTE ]

or been recruited by the NYPD

tonypaladino
12-19-2005, 11:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm still trying to imagine someone directing me with a traffic wand inside a retail store.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I heard a lot of "Did you get lost on the way to the airport?" and [censored] like that from losers who think they're funny.

pokerdirty
12-19-2005, 11:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I heard a lot of "Did you get lost on the way to the airport?" and [censored] like that from losers who think they're funny.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the moral of this story is....

No, can't do it. Too easy.

istewart
12-19-2005, 11:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
wha?

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you. Good night. I'll be here all week. Don't forget to quote Ace Ventura excessively.

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP

fyodor
12-19-2005, 11:45 PM
I love funny posts like this

CrazyEyez
12-19-2005, 11:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
and then I say "If you don't get off the f-----g line, I'm going to shove this thing up your f-----g ass and throw you out of the f-----g store."

[/ QUOTE ]
TP,

I call bull[censored], but I sincerely hope I'm wrong.

Diablo,

I still think 75% of your posts in your new posting style are passive-aggressive-sarcastic, but I sincerely hope I'm wrong.

Cautiously Optimistic,
CE

sublime
12-19-2005, 11:51 PM
I call bull[censored],

that was my first thought, but whatever.

also, TP based on your response to the guy telling you to [censored] off, your tone of voice while waving your gaytastic wand around was probably confrontational.

tonypaladino
12-19-2005, 11:57 PM
This is easily verifiable by coming into my BN this week and seeing me on a cash register next to all the 17 year old girls

TheRover
12-20-2005, 12:02 AM
Nailed any yet?

Entity
12-20-2005, 12:03 AM
Shouldn't you post this in bad beats and variance?

CrazyEyez
12-20-2005, 12:03 AM
[ QUOTE ]
This is easily verifiable by coming into my BN this week and seeing me on a cash register next to all the 17 year old girls

[/ QUOTE ]
Ok, I believe you. But how is working a register a big demotion from waving a pink wand at people standing in a line?

Blarg
12-20-2005, 12:11 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't lie. You either just looked all that [censored] up, or you saw it in the Barnes & Noble training video. Am I right?

[/ QUOTE ]

Are we talking about stuff that's flammable or inflammable?

cnfuzzd
12-20-2005, 03:08 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, so wait. You have a crappy job for extra money. You got to tell some guy off, and now you are in a position of zero responsibility, working next to all the hot chicks, with the reputation as a bad ass. I dont understand what youre complaining about? That they took away your traffic wand?

peace

john nickle

tonypaladino
12-20-2005, 03:12 AM
"ou got to tell some guy off, and now you are in a position of zero responsibility, working next to all the hot chicks, with the reputation as a bad ass."

I don't know what to say....except your right. I really wasn't too upspet about the whole situation, maybe I should start being happy about it.

Tony

ClaytonN
12-20-2005, 03:16 AM
[ QUOTE ]

Ok, so wait. You have a crappy job for extra money. You got to tell some guy off, and now you are in a position of zero responsibility, working next to all the hot chicks, with the reputation as a bad ass. I dont understand what youre complaining about? That they took away your traffic wand?

[/ QUOTE ]

I fail to see how the bad-ass working the register at a B&N qualifies as pimp [censored] to other 17 yo girl cashiers. TP is free to prove me wrong.

Are you really getting your degree in fire engineering TP or is that a joke?

benza13
12-20-2005, 03:18 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I fail to see how the bad-ass working the register at a B&N qualifies as pimp [censored] to other 17 yo girl cashiers. TP is free to prove me wrong.

Are you really getting your degree in fire engineering TP or is that a joke?

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you seriously asking this question, or is it just a joke?

ClaytonN
12-20-2005, 03:21 AM
[ QUOTE ]

Are you seriously asking this question, or is it just a joke?

[/ QUOTE ]

I honestly have no idea, and I don't read sarcasm well.

I'm gonna assume for now that the anwer is no, and go back to the Myspace thread for cleansing.

siccjay
12-20-2005, 04:12 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought this too. I would definitely laugh at this.

shant
12-20-2005, 04:17 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
wha?

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you. Good night. I'll be here all week. Don't forget to quote Ace Ventura excessively.

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP

[/ QUOTE ]
WOW :HEART:

mason55
12-20-2005, 04:21 AM
[ QUOTE ]
You are an idiot.

[/ QUOTE ]

TSC, I miss you

PocketJokers72
12-20-2005, 12:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Full of PAPER!!! I think it would burn fine.

[/ QUOTE ]

And the brick structure will keep it nice and contained so it can get REALLY hot. Like a big fireplace.