PDA

View Full Version : 55s - Open-limping AA at the early levels

12-19-2005, 11:11 AM
Just wondering what people think about this. I used to do this a fair bit, then started always raising and lately I have been open limping a fair bit again. I can't remember ever limping with AA after someone has entered the pot but as first in I think open-limping has some merit.

I suspect most would say always raise AA no matter what but perhaps there are some dissenters?

If you do like open-limping then I'd be curious to know how often do you do it and from what position. My thinking is that I would never open-limp AA (or any other hand for that matter) from LP or SB. EP is dangerous if you get too may callers so maybe the best spot for this is MP?

12-19-2005, 11:15 AM
i almost never limp AA, especially not in EP because then you get disastrous six-way pots.

occassionally i limp AA in HU to solicit a push from a shorter stack if i've been limping with garbage and had a show-down or two.

12-19-2005, 11:17 AM
I have never been limping AA in early stages. You'd only limp, to let someone else do a healthy raise, but you cannot know that this early.
But I only play in 22s where it's not important to get tricky anyway because more often than not some moron will gladly call 1/5th of his stack with 85o or sth like that.

splashpot
12-19-2005, 12:31 PM
Pretty much never. Only if I were up against a guy who is raising every hand for 10+ hands in a row.

A more interesting discussion would be at which be at which buyin (if any) does limping have significant deception value? 215?