PDA

View Full Version : Pair of 6's against UTG - 5/10 Party

GuyOnTilt
07-22-2003, 11:04 PM
Playing 5/10 Party, full table, loose/passive, great table.

I'm dealt 7 /forums/images/icons/spade.gif 6 /forums/images/icons/spade.gif in the CO. UTG open-limps, MP1, MP2, and LMP limp. I limp, button limps, SB folds, BB checks. Seven to the flop for 7 SB's.

Flop comes: 6 /forums/images/icons/diamond.gif 5 /forums/images/icons/spade.gif 3 /forums/images/icons/club.gif

BB checks, UTG bets, MP1 and MP2 fold, LMP calls, I raise, BB folds, UTG and LMP call. Three to the turn for 13 SB's.

Turn comes: 2 /forums/images/icons/diamond.gif [6 /forums/images/icons/diamond.gif 5 /forums/images/icons/spade.gif 3 /forums/images/icons/club.gif ]

Both check to me and I bet. Both call. Three to the river for 9.5 BB's.

River comes: 2 /forums/images/icons/spade.gif [2 /forums/images/icons/diamond.gif 6 /forums/images/icons/diamond.gif 5 /forums/images/icons/spade.gif 3 /forums/images/icons/club.gif ]

Both check to me and I check.

Comments on all streets appreciated.

lil'
07-22-2003, 11:09 PM
I take it you're asking if your river check was correct? It seems OK to me, unless these guys will call with a pair of 3's or 5's.

GuyOnTilt
07-22-2003, 11:14 PM
Yeah, pretty much. I was unsure of UTG the whole hand, but put LMP on a draw, which forced me to bet the turn. My reason for checking through on the river was my fear of a medium pocket pair from UTG, whom I wasn't familiar with. Against a better player I would bet the river everytime, but I wasn't sure if this player was passive enough to play an overpair this way.