PDA

View Full Version : what do you do if your affiliate stops paying you?

Unabridged
12-19-2005, 08:47 AM
hasn't happened to me ... yet

Degen
12-19-2005, 08:53 AM
get a new affiliate

Unabridged
12-19-2005, 08:57 AM
can you keep your account and get your affiliate switched or do you have to make a new account?

12-19-2005, 10:23 AM
new account

absentx
12-19-2005, 06:06 PM
Is your affiliate doing something that suggests he may not pay up in the future?

morgant
12-19-2005, 06:18 PM
new account. and this is why choosing a long standing trustworthy site is worthwhile.

a trip down memory lane. busterstacks, started attacking me and my site, he went after my players by offering them a high %. there was nothing i could do but wait for him to screw up and not be able to make payments. me telling players about this possibility wasnt enough....lo and behold, he jumped ship....... /images/graemlins/frown.gif

augie00
12-19-2005, 06:39 PM
curse your bad luck

12-19-2005, 06:52 PM
I think it is important to note which site this affiliate has stopped paying you on. We all know that there is a site that is making this virutally impossible right now, however if this is the case on a rakeback approved site then there is absolutely no reason for this. You should stick with the reputable sites, dont go for some no name guy for an extra 1-2%.

Unabridged
12-19-2005, 08:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Is your affiliate doing something that suggests he may not pay up in the future?

[/ QUOTE ]

he either made a couple of honest mistakes or he is trying to nickel & dime me. so far i've given him the benefit of the doubt and he has said he would fix everything

Olback
12-19-2005, 09:20 PM
You can post a complaint on a rakeback directory or a forum like this and have people look into for you.

Depending on the poker site you sign up for you should be able to switch affiliates.

But yeah picking a reptuable affiliate to start off with is always a good idea.

Leaky Eye
12-20-2005, 01:03 AM
If he is american and defrauds you report him to the US Attourneys office.

absentx
12-20-2005, 05:02 PM
yeah just keep an eye on him, and if he screws with you just tell RRR or bring it up again here.

12-20-2005, 06:28 PM
well what are you supposed to do if you are an affiliate and dont get paid. multipoker has owed me a substantial sum since dec. 15th, but i cant get in contact with them. they dont respond to emails and they dont have a phone number. i tried contacting party poker and its affiliate, but they havent responded either. i just emailed party's new affiliate thing so hopefully they will tell me something. does anyone have any other ideas? multipoker is legit, right? i never thought this would be the site to rip me off.

and sorry to jack the thread

Olback
12-20-2005, 10:45 PM
I believe there is another thread on Multipoker not paying around here.

AAAA
12-20-2005, 11:05 PM
what you do is at least start to make payments to your players, because they aren't going to stay with you if you don't pay them. They will often understand and appreciate that you are paying them out of your own pocket even if it is not the total owed immediately.

then you keep on nagging and nudging the site until you get someone to pay you.

12-21-2005, 02:24 AM
yeah i am going to keep sending them emails. if i dont have the money in the next couple of days i guess i will have to make some sort of official complaint, although i am not quite sure how to do that. thanks for the help.

Unabridged
12-21-2005, 05:40 AM
[ QUOTE ]
yeah just keep an eye on him, and if he screws with you just tell RRR or bring it up again here.

[/ QUOTE ]

i got in contact with him again and everything was sorted out

Python49
12-21-2005, 02:16 PM
I'd like to take this opportunity to mention that www.rakebreak.com (http://www.rakebreak.com) did not pay me for 30k hands played in the month of november.

That is all.

morgant
12-21-2005, 03:40 PM
i am not discounting your post, but, i understand they run a solid program. hopefully they will see this post and take care of your situation.

if you want to elaborate on what site this is for, there could be a bit more, or they havent gotten to your payment yet /images/graemlins/confused.gif

feel free to pm me if you want me to help you sort this out.