PDA

View Full Version : Scamming a Scammer

Reef
12-19-2005, 05:36 AM
a very good read (long) (http://www.zug.com/pranks/powerbook/index.html)

lighterjobs
12-19-2005, 05:41 AM
that's funny.

it would have been funnier if the escrow service was legit and this guy got sent that binder for $500.

PoBoy321
12-19-2005, 06:03 AM
[ QUOTE ]
3) Finally, and most disturbingly, Jeff was not heard from again. I personally e-mailed him for permission to run his story on ZUG, but after an initial response, I never heard from him again. All of his Web sites have come down, and he is nowhere to be found.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's [censored] up.

12-19-2005, 06:03 AM
I cant believe I read all of that but it was fun and interesting /images/graemlins/smile.gif hehe nice respond on the last page, sending a virus...

Iplayragstoo
12-19-2005, 06:07 AM
Some of the funnest sheeet I have read since Monkey man (http://www.ebolamonkeyman.com)

WackityWhiz
12-19-2005, 06:39 AM
haha, that was awesome!

12-19-2005, 06:53 AM
Nice. A definite read.

Reef
12-19-2005, 06:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
3) Finally, and most disturbingly, Jeff was not heard from again. I personally e-mailed him for permission to run his story on ZUG, but after an initial response, I never heard from him again. All of his Web sites have come down, and he is nowhere to be found.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's [censored] up.

[/ QUOTE ]

ya, this part didn't make sense to me

GuyOnTilt
12-19-2005, 07:05 PM
Ha! I don't know how, but I've read thru this before at one point.

P-P-P-P-POWERBOOK!

GoT

Olof
12-19-2005, 07:11 PM
Another good (but old) one (http://www.419fun.com/phillipepage1.htm)

eviljeff
12-19-2005, 07:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That's [censored] up.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah dude, not cool. wonder what happen to the guys who went to the barber shop...

12-19-2005, 07:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That's [censored] up.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah dude, not cool. wonder what happen to the guys who went to the barber shop...

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know, but personally I would have thought twice before doing this. Maybe the scammer is some punk. Maybe the scammer is involved with organized crime. I really wouldn't want to find out which.

mrkilla
12-19-2005, 07:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That's [censored] up.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know, but personally I would have thought twice before doing this. Maybe the scammer is some punk. Maybe the scammer is involved with organized crime. I really wouldn't want to find out which.

[/ QUOTE ]

sounds like a no brain script kiddie to me, DOS attacks and credit card scams are so easy to pull that anyone with a PC can set it all up.
I doubt he was "organized"...in the mofia sense of the word.

Reef
12-19-2005, 09:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Another good (but old) one (http://www.419fun.com/phillipepage1.htm)

[/ QUOTE ]

wow. just .. wow.

EliteNinja
12-19-2005, 11:30 PM
Excellent read.
with a $500 profit to boot!

spamuell
12-19-2005, 11:42 PM
I wonder if the address of the guy that he published was his real address or just some pickup point. I was about a 3 minute walk away from there tonight, I don't think it would be a good idea to try and find out though.

EDIT: After reading the rest of the article, I see the answer to my question.

Alobar
12-20-2005, 12:29 AM
woa, wtf, the guy was never heard from again!!!

man, that went from a funny ass cool story, to like "uhm, I bet hes dead!"

Its an old story, no one ever found out what happened to him?

-Skeme-
12-20-2005, 02:45 AM
Just go to the Something Awful message board and do a search for his SN "MyNameIsJeff" and see when he last posted. I'm too lazy and don't really care enough.. but go for it, Alo.

Alobar
12-20-2005, 10:08 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Just go to the Something Awful message board and do a search for his SN "MyNameIsJeff" and see when he last posted. I'm too lazy and don't really care enough.. but go for it, Alo.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would, but they have one of those cool forums you have to pay to join.

12-20-2005, 11:28 AM
Yeah that was a nice read, strange ending though.

12-20-2005, 11:37 AM
Did anyone notice the guy from UK was interested in his "unit"?

ldavidjm
12-20-2005, 11:37 AM
Nothing happened to him. He still posts on somethingawful occasionally, I'm not really sure why they made the ending like that.