PDA

View Full Version : Delayed delivery on day #3 of WSOP

Easy E
07-22-2003, 09:23 PM
The show was early, my comments will be late!

I'm going to delay my comments for a day (i have guests, they're taking over my computer room), partially because I want to dig up Howard Lederer's reports on his WSOP run.

One thing I WILL say now- the Chris Moneymaker "I have a hand?" classic doesn't do much for his image, does it?

Good thing I warned everyone that the show might be at 8 pm...

TimTimSalabim
07-22-2003, 11:40 PM
Well, after that embarassment, Moneymaker went on to make some really good plays against some intimidating pros, so he's got nothing to be ashamed of.

Overall, I thought both the play and the coverage was much better. They actually announced bet and raise sizes! Although I thought it was curious they didn't mention the huge day 3 factor of finishing in the money (that is day 3 isn't it?).

Schmed
07-23-2003, 08:32 AM
my biggest complaint about the coverage would be that they never tell you what the blinds are. I don't even recall them talking about the blinds. There also isn't enough poker for my liking but I can understand why.

CrackerZack
07-23-2003, 08:34 AM
The Moneymaker thing was hilarious as was the guy who hid from Howard Lederer in his jacket. This was the first show I had seen and I thought it was very good.

slamdunkpro
07-23-2003, 10:13 AM

Easy E
08-03-2003, 01:33 AM
also, haven't seen enough of show #4 to comment much, AND it's old news, so I'll try to catch everyone with show #5 on Tuesday.

Going back to playing catching, still marveling at the site speed...