PDA

View Full Version : A situation I hate

HoldingFolding
12-19-2005, 04:47 AM
55. No real reads on villain.
Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t30 (9 handed)
BB (t825)
UTG (t1300)
UTG+1 (t740)
Hero (t1505)
MP2 (t1055)
MP3 (t1450)
CO (t925)
Button (t930)
SB (t1270)

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with K/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to t75</font>, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, SB calls t60, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>.

Flop: (t180) K/images/graemlins/spade.gif, T/images/graemlins/spade.gif, T/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets t150</font>, SB goes all in, Hero ????

curtains
12-19-2005, 04:51 AM
I would unhappily fold I guess.

tjh
12-19-2005, 05:02 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I would unhappily fold I guess.

[/ QUOTE ]

HoldingFolding
12-19-2005, 10:07 AM
I folded &amp; I was miserable. I used to call these, but have been beaten too often recently &amp; wonder if I'm not running scared. I think you are more like to see a flush or straight draw here than a T...

bluefeet
12-19-2005, 10:18 AM
I suppose. The check-raise is alarming enough. But does a Ten play it this fast? A large enough pot I guess. Assuming you're shutting down with a call, It stands to reason this is his best chance at getting AK to put in more chips. How often are you getting check-raised with a weaker King, PP, or draw I wonder...

12-19-2005, 10:45 AM
There's a reason people do this with both trips and draws.

12-19-2005, 10:46 AM
If he has a Ten, this is an idiotic way to play it with the pot so small. I'm guessing a King with a weak kicker.

But I still fold.

avisco01
12-19-2005, 11:44 AM
This truly sucks. You almost have to fold as it isn't worth risking basically all of your chips. If you lose this hand you certainly will be dead, if you win it, your odds of cashing don't increase all that much. Unfortunately, I think this is a situation where risk / reward outweighs the "I don't want to be bluffed" scenario. Even if you call with the best hand, he may have a number of ways to beat you given the draw heavy board. A read obviously would help, but given these things are so fast and loose usually, its difficult to get a read on anyone usually. Incidentally, I probably raise more than 75 preflop. I generally will raise three to four times the big blind when I'm bringing it in for a raise. Not saying that it mattered, just food for thought I guess.

durron597
12-19-2005, 11:53 AM
I would call, you have the A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, most people don't play a ten that fast (smaller checkraise, check call check raise turn etc.)

bigt439
12-19-2005, 12:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I would call, you have the A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, most people don't play a ten that fast (smaller checkraise, check call check raise turn etc.)

[/ QUOTE ]

While I think I also might call (it's quite close IMO), I think the A /images/graemlins/spade.gif makes a better case for folding than it does calling, because it eliminates a significant portion of the villain's semi-bluffing hands.

12-19-2005, 12:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
If you lose this hand you certainly will be dead, if you win it, your odds of cashing don't increase all that much.

[/ QUOTE ]

Cmon dude, forget how often you cash or not, your equity goes waaaaaaaaaay up if you call and win the hand.

I call here. The guy called your raise, how many hands could he have that contain a ten? On the other hand he's a zillion hands he could have to make this play that don't contain a ten. I just think folding is too paranoid especially since only 2 players saw the flop, this is the 55 level after all and my guess is that villain has a ten less than 25% of the time.

splashpot
12-19-2005, 12:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

While I think I also might call (it's quite close IMO), I think the A /images/graemlins/spade.gif makes a better case for folding than it does calling, because it eliminates a significant portion of the villain's semi-bluffing hands.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yea. But only very slightly. And for those semi-bluffing hands that are still there, this gives you a re-draw. I think I'd call too, but I just started playing the $55s. I definately call in the $33s and lower. But I think having the A/images/graemlins/spade.gif helps more than it hurts.