PDA

View Full Version : ($33) AJs UTG

12-19-2005, 02:32 AM
Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t50 (8 handed) internettexasholdem.com (http://www.internettexasholdem.com)

SB (t1405)
BB (t890)
Hero (t850)
UTG+1 (t490)
MP1 (t1180)
MP2 (t1785)
CO (t725)
Button (t675)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with J/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to t150</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, CO calls t150, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>.

Flop: (t375) 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 9/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero ????

Is PFR here OK given that that table is 8 handed? Do you bet the flop? If so, how much?

Snarf
12-19-2005, 02:38 AM
8 Handed UTG... I usually limp AJs...(toss AJo) and check/fold the flop.

Am somewhat of serious LAG in position at times...but I play pretty tight UTG at a full table.

jeffraider
12-19-2005, 02:46 AM
Preflop is perfect I think, and I'd normally bet 200 on this flop.

12-19-2005, 04:10 AM
Tough spot I think. I would probably raise to 125 preflop especially being UTG so I didn't feel quite as committed to trying to take it down post (or could get away from it more easily if I get reraised preflop). I do think I'd fire a CB of about 200 out there though. Unfortunately if that fails to take it down it's just an ugly situation, and would really be annoying to have to check/fold after that given the amount you've invested and the amount you'd be leaving yourself with, but I'm not sure I see a better alternative.

Seadood228
12-19-2005, 04:30 AM
At the 25/50 level I sort of stop playing unles there's a really good chance of winning this pot. IMO, playing AJs UTG in a 11-33 is just asking for trouble. You'll rarely win the blinds, and will generally have to put a large portion of stack at risk with a CB.

I'm open to suggestions though.

NYCNative
12-19-2005, 05:17 AM
I don't mind raising PF with AJs. If it isolates to a single caller, I will make a CB.

However in this case given your stack size any decent CB will nearly commit you. If you bet t250, it leaves you with only t450 behind and if villain pushes, you'll have to call getting 3 to 1 but you're behind in most cases and hating it.

One option is checking. Of course villain can then take it away and there's not much you can do. Villain is short too - any additional action will make him commited as well. Maybe he checks it down. Even if not, you can fold here and still have t700 chips that can be put into a better spot.

The other option a push. There's a ton of FE and even if villain calls with a smallish PP that didn't trip up, you have legitimat outs. You can get him to fold a bunch of hands that beat you in any event (better Aces, some will fold smaller pockets here as well).

tigerite
12-19-2005, 05:48 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Preflop is perfect I think, and I'd normally bet 200 on this flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmm, I don't know. I'm kind of okay with the raise preflop, but sometimes I'll just muck here as well 8-handed. It depends a lot on the table. I don't really want to play AJs OOP on a whole lotta flops, anyway. When I have a healthy-ish stack, that a whiffed flop after a raise will eradicate a fair bit, I'm more willing to fold. The stack size here is awkward for the OP.. just around that point where you're not desperate for picking up chips, but you're also not in a really "great" shape.

Anyway the flop.. is kinda meh as well. It's not the worst to cont bet on, but it would depend on my read on CO.