PDA

View Full Version : SNL last night

M2d
12-18-2005, 09:41 PM
the chris parnell/adam samberg rap chronic-cles of narnia was sweet. anyone have an idea of how/where i can get a copy of it?

Jack of Arcades
12-18-2005, 09:47 PM
oh my god how I missed chris parnell rapping.

pass that chronic! (what!?) cles of narnia!

best bet: find somebody with a copy of the whole show.

the whole show was pretty good. gotta love jack black.

12-18-2005, 09:55 PM
I liked when Tina Fey pwned Ashlee Simpson on WU:

"Ashlee Simpson collapsed on stage at a concert in Japan last week, and she was rushed to a hospital. Meanwhile, the show went on without her."

Klepton
12-18-2005, 09:56 PM
even though SNL sucks now, this is actually kinda funny. (http://www.youtube.com/watch.php?v=zLElfJ9YCh0)

miajag81
12-18-2005, 09:57 PM
I was going to post about this earlier, the rap thing was the best thing on SNL in about 5 years IMO. I was rolling on the floor. I'd love to find a clip or even just a transcript of it.

edit: sweet, klepto!

istewart
12-18-2005, 10:03 PM
HOLY [censored]. This is great. Thanks!

dblgutshot
12-18-2005, 10:09 PM
Overall a good episode. SNL is getting a lot funnier these days.

buffett
12-18-2005, 10:10 PM
I laughed harder at that spelling bee thing than I have laughed in about five years.

How do you spell "business"?
Business. BRIMKZEFFILMNVYQRSAABDINKLKLKMOPRISTUVUWATHUWINZEE RAZITNOPXJIN-
JOWAIRNNTISEAZNMIQJZORTHIBCABZIDONAEMQRFQJQIOQTRAM NIFAQQQQQQQQAZINFA-
THIJKINFESH. Business.

12-18-2005, 10:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I laughed harder at that spelling bee thing than I have laughed in about five years.

THIJKINFESH. Business.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's pretty impressive to do that whole thing and keep a very serious face the whole time.

Jack of Arcades
12-18-2005, 10:31 PM
Appalachian Emergency Room always gets me. Glirk was great. SNL really needs to go to an hour.

IggyWH
12-18-2005, 10:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
the chris parnell/adam samberg rap chronic-cles of narnia was sweet. anyone have an idea of how/where i can get a copy of it?

[/ QUOTE ]

This needs to be a weekly sketch on SNL as it'll never get old.

Klepton
12-18-2005, 10:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]

THIJKINFESH. Business.

[/ QUOTE ]

lets get a video fo this huh?

rusty JEDI
12-18-2005, 10:47 PM
The first skit with the pizza place and the blizard when they opened the door was so unbelievably horrible even Jack Black and Neil Young couldn't keep me watching.

rJ

Jack of Arcades
12-18-2005, 11:02 PM
A bunch of great SNL skits (http://www.youtube.com/results.php?search=SNL)

odellthurman
12-19-2005, 11:11 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

THIJKINFESH. Business.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Here it is: http://mp.danwho.net/index.php?id=snl_spellingbee_td

CrazyEyez
12-19-2005, 11:32 AM
[ QUOTE ]

THIJKINFESH. Business.

[/ QUOTE ]
I guess we've really lowered our standards with regards to SNL.

I'm not saying I didn't laugh, but...

odellthurman
12-19-2005, 11:35 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

THIJKINFESH. Business.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Some things get some people more than others. I was laughing hysterically. My wife didn't think it was very funny.

Jack of Arcades
12-19-2005, 11:40 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

THIJKINFESH. Business.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

brdtfklmghrkwtfnylkpqwqrtdfplmkqkwqqqqqqqqqqqqstfj rqmtsdtqmprftdpdplhrktetf business

CrazyEyez
12-19-2005, 11:48 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

THIJKINFESH. Business.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Some things get some people more than others. I was laughing hysterically. My wife didn't think it was very funny.

[/ QUOTE ]
True. I would have liked it more if he had stopped at 6 consecutive Q's instead of pushing it to 9. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

gumpzilla
12-19-2005, 12:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
even though SNL sucks now, this is actually kinda funny.

[/ QUOTE ]

The "SNL sucks now" meme has interested me for some time. Watching reruns of SNL from the early 90's, it pretty much sucked back then, too. It still had the same problems about most skits being based on a gag that couldn't sustain an entire skit, and going on way too long. My suspicion is that most of it has to do with people watching the show when they are 12 and thinking it was awesome back then.

istewart
12-19-2005, 12:39 PM
It did not suck in the 90s, wtf.

diebitter
12-19-2005, 12:42 PM
We used to see the odd one in the UK, and it sucked. The only comparison was the movies Belushi, Ackroyd etc were in, which were soooo much better than the show seemed to be. I assumed it was the cultural divide.

The only good thing I remember is one or maybe two blues brothers songs they did on it.

gumpzilla
12-19-2005, 12:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
It did not suck in the 90s, wtf.

[/ QUOTE ]

Watching entire episodes of old SNL, as opposed to carefully picked lists of good sketches, there was still tons of garbage every week. I also think that people are pretty incapable of assessing the suckiness of things they liked when they were kids. I can think of numerous things that I thought were awesome as a kid that would probably inspire an urge to kill in me were I to watch them fresh now. Exhibit A: Howard the Duck.

M2d
12-19-2005, 01:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
My suspicion is that most of it has to do with people watching the show when they are 12 and thinking it was awesome back then.

[/ QUOTE ]
I fully admit that I am biased in this regard, as I started watching SNL in the Eddie Murphy era, and it was long enough ago that I've conveniently forgotten the crappy sketches.

Soul Daddy
12-19-2005, 01:15 PM
I don't think that anyone is arguing that every sketch they did was uproariously funny. There was surely some garbage. But during certain "golden eras" you could count on a few gems just about every week. And the talent on the show was so good that even the poorly written material was usually entertaining to a degree.

WLVRYN
12-19-2005, 01:34 PM
"Call us Aaron Burr from the way we're dropping Hamiltons" classic.

Although I was disappointed in the christmas debbie downer sketch, the one where they went to disneyworld in the Lindsey Lohan episode a few years back was hilarious (as was the Harry Potter sketch). At least they didnt run that Merrill Lynch commercial again. They've run it like 6 episodes in a row before last night.

Jack of Arcades
12-19-2005, 01:36 PM
the taco town commercial is the [censored], though.

the last few episodes have been spot on because they're getting FUNNY PEOPLE TO HOST THE SHOW. Novel concept, right?

felson
12-19-2005, 05:26 PM
Samberg is part of a comedy trio that produced a lot of short movies. They worked with Parnell to produce the 'Narnia' video.

Here's their site. "Nintendo" and "The Bu, episode 8" are pretty funny.

http://thelonelyisland.com/