PDA

View Full Version : 88 button hand, 22/455 remaining

12-18-2005, 01:25 PM
Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t1500 (8 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx (http://www.zerodivide.cx/converter)

UTG+1 (t30208)
MP1 (t17860)
MP2 (t3845)
CO (t14700)
Hero (t16958)
SB (t51002)
BB (t15825)
UTG (t14934)

Preflop: Hero is Button with 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 8/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#666666">5 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to t4400</font>, SB calls t3650, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>.

Flop: (t10300) 3/images/graemlins/club.gif, 4/images/graemlins/club.gif, T/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero??

betgo
12-18-2005, 01:28 PM
Push preflop. Push on the flop.

12-18-2005, 01:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Push preflop. Push on the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

12-18-2005, 01:59 PM
ok so I pushed on the flop and got called by AcKh and river was an Ace. So, the reason for this post is that I seem to make the money quite often in mtt's (although I don't play them that often)and I have yet to make it to a final table. I was curious if this may have been a fold pf since there were only 11 spots left to final table. thanks for any and all feedback

12-18-2005, 02:04 PM
There is no way I would fold mid pair on the button in this situation.

If you are worried about getting to the final table and wondering about folding here, then by the time it comes round, you will have no chips to work with.

betgo
12-18-2005, 02:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
ok so I pushed on the flop and got called by AcKh and river was an Ace. So, the reason for this post is that I seem to make the money quite often in mtt's (although I don't play them that often)and I have yet to make it to a final table. I was curious if this may have been a fold pf since there were only 11 spots left to final table. thanks for any and all feedback

[/ QUOTE ]

Is the big money in making the final table or in taking one of the top 3 spots?

12-18-2005, 02:14 PM
Top 3 mostly. I would have only made and extra $27 to make 10th spot. Sorry first time using hand converter and I thought the buyin was displayed. It was a $20+2 tourney.

betgo
12-18-2005, 02:20 PM
accidents happen. You were ahead of AK preflop plus pot odds. You were way ahead on the flop.

Villain played the hand passively. He also should have pushed preflop and pushed the flop.

Fmonti
12-18-2005, 05:21 PM
I think your preflop raise was ok but I think after the flop I would have made a small bet of say $1000. If I get raised I'm out of there. The problem with small and middle pairs is you don't know where you stand if 1 or 2 overcards come out on the flop. In this case there were no overcards but 3 clubs was just as scary, after all the guy you are heads up with has 51K in chips and can afford to call you with a big club. At that point you would still have had over $12000. in chips and conceivably a chance at the final table.

Rooger
12-18-2005, 05:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I think your preflop raise was ok but I think after the flop I would have made a small bet of say $1000. If I get raised I'm out of there. The problem with small and middle pairs is you don't know where you stand if 1 or 2 overcards come out on the flop. In this case there were no overcards but 3 clubs was just as scary, after all the guy you are heads up with has 51K in chips and can afford to call you with a big club. At that point you would still have had over $12000. in chips and conceivably a chance at the final table.

[/ QUOTE ]

/images/graemlins/confused.gif
Well, if you wanna spew your chips on weak tight play, this is the correct way to play it.

Pasterbator
12-18-2005, 08:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You were ahead of AK preflop plus pot odds. You were way ahead on the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm pretty sure on the flop he's a coin flip, but i know you know that. I'm sure you just misread it.

That said, push preflop, push the flop.

12-19-2005, 11:44 AM
Thanks again for the insight. I anticipate posting more hands. I've gone from Super tight mtt play to a more "seize the moment" type of play which often leaves me doubting my game.
Just recently been playing with the "you can't win if you're afraid to lose" attitude and oddly enough I seem to be winning more. /images/graemlins/smile.gif Just that I'm sometimes left feeling like a maniac or a loose cannon. /images/graemlins/shocked.gif thanks!
Oh, by...push pf, push on the flop, does that mean that either is an acceptable play? or that I should have been allin pf, but seeing that I wasn't plan "B" is to push the flop?

betgo
12-19-2005, 11:56 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Oh, by...push pf, push on the flop, does that mean that either is an acceptable play? or that I should have been allin pf, but seeing that I wasn't plan "B" is to push the flop?

[/ QUOTE ]

The latter. I would push most flops. Here you have one low over card and you have a flush draw that may be good. Plus you may be ahead now but youropponent may have a higher flush draw. You also could be behind but have the better draw. In any case, you are pot commited and have a good chance to win a showdown.

12-19-2005, 11:58 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Thanks again for the insight. I anticipate posting more hands. I've gone from Super tight mtt play to a more "seize the moment" type of play which often leaves me doubting my game.
Just recently been playing with the "you can't win if you're afraid to lose" attitude and oddly enough I seem to be winning more. /images/graemlins/smile.gif Just that I'm sometimes left feeling like a maniac or a loose cannon. /images/graemlins/shocked.gif thanks!

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you've got the idea.....

With under 10BB left in your stack raising to the equivalent of 40% of your stack is crazy. What are you going to do, put out nearly half your stack and then abandon it? What other posters are saying is, "If you're playing this hand put it all in the middle preflop and hope to either double up or go home."

PoBoy321
12-19-2005, 12:11 PM
If you're gonna do well in a tournament, you have to win some coin flips. Here, you didn't, it's a tough break, but it happens.

About half the time, actually.