PDA

View Full Version : A spot that I struggle with

45suited
12-18-2005, 06:13 AM
Does anyone else struggle in these spots? I'm in comfortable chip position, a shortish UTG goes all-in. I'm confident that I've probably got the better hand. Sure, he could have a pair but UTG's in his chip position also push alot of weak aces, kings, etc. (He's also been pretty LAG.) Is it worth risking half my stack from the SB here? FWIW, I called, but I'm curious as to the thought process of some other people here.

Blinds 75-150

UTG ( $875 )
UTG+1 ( $1700 )
CO ( $1130 )
Button( $2195 )
SB (HERO) ( $1715 )
BB ( $385 )

Blinds(75/150)

Dealt to HERO [ Ah Qd ]

UTG is all-In [875]
UTG+1 folds.
CO folds.
Button folds.
SB (HERO) is all-In [1640]
BB folds.

12-18-2005, 06:21 AM
I would tell you what I think but you've already made it very clear about what you think about how I think. /images/graemlins/cool.gif

tigerite
12-18-2005, 06:23 AM
LAG or TAG, you have to call (re-push) this. About the only players you could even consider folding against would be loose-passive (maybe) and tight-passive (more likely). Too much chance you're way ahead.

Also your stack isn't all that great. I mean sure it's nice and all but it's only 10BB. Stealing will be at a premium and you'll still need a fair few more chips for the bubble. These seem as good as any. If you don't get them someone else will I suspect, he sounds like dead money.

12-18-2005, 06:25 AM
[ QUOTE ]
LAG or TAG, you have to call (re-push) this. About the only players you could even consider folding against would be loose-passive (maybe) and tight-passive (more likely). Too much chance you're way ahead.

[/ QUOTE ]
Would you feel the same way if this was on the bubble?

tigerite
12-18-2005, 06:26 AM
Almost certainly, you have him covered, and he has 6bb.. if this is me pushing here my range is pretty wide (not crazy-wide, but behind AQo).

curtains
12-18-2005, 06:27 AM
VERY VERY CLEAR ALLIN. The guy has too few chips, his range will bet too wide from 3 off the button.

45suited
12-18-2005, 06:36 AM
Thanks for the replies guys. As you can see, I called, its just nice to get a sanity check once in a while. FWIW, villain had KJo.

curtains
12-18-2005, 06:42 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Would you feel the same way if this was on the bubble?

[/ QUOTE ]

Id need more details than this...