PDA

View Full Version : QTs in MP. What to do?

sMeller
12-18-2005, 03:16 AM
SB is 18/8/1.9 over 70 hands.

My play pre flop is probably not optimal but on the flop I don't think I can play it any other way. What should I do on the turn?

PokerRoom 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, Hero calls, MP3 calls, CO calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (5 SB) 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif, T/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, BB folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP3 folds, CO folds, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (5.50 BB) 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero ?

Nick C
12-18-2005, 04:19 AM
I would call. If you're behind (and I think you probably are), there's still a good chance you have 6-9 outs, with your top pair and gutshot and potential chop outs (a 7 will put a straight on the board). Although you could be drawing dead to a hand like A /images/graemlins/heart.gif 8 /images/graemlins/heart.gif, I think you'll have a decent number of outs most of the time. Even against a set, you're not in terrible shape (though it would suck to be up against 8 /images/graemlins/heart.gif 8x specifically), and occasionally you'll be ahead.

I guess maybe raising for a free showdown is something else to consider, but I have trouble figuring out when to use that play.

Niediam
12-18-2005, 05:59 AM
Raise preflop.
Flop is good.
Call the turn.
Call the river as long as a bad card doesnt come.

sMeller
12-18-2005, 01:34 PM
Thank you both for you input. I did decide to call down and lost against A/images/graemlins/heart.gif 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif. What I did wonder was if I could fold on the turn because I don't see many hands I'm ahead against. But like you say Nick C I do have a couple of outs unless I'm up agains a flush.

hobbsmann
12-18-2005, 01:48 PM
I don't have anything to add to the postflop discussion, but I want to reiterate that open limping preflop is bad. For me this is a standard open raise in MP2, albiet on the low end of my range.

Bob T.
12-18-2005, 01:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I don't have anything to add to the postflop discussion, but I want to reiterate that open limping preflop is bad. For me this is a standard open raise in MP2.

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP.