PDA

View Full Version : NC: Anyone else here do good at SNGs but bad at ring games?

12-17-2005, 11:47 PM
A few times over the past few weeks I've ventured to nl ring games at party and I never come out ahead. If anything I lose money. This is odd considering my success at SNGs. I know how to read boards, put people on ranges, gap concept, yadda yadda. But the fishies get me everytime.

I wonder if there are SNG traits in some people and ring traits in others. Or maybe I just suck.

FieryJustice
12-17-2005, 11:56 PM
I am horrible at ring games and that makes me quite sad.

12-18-2005, 12:00 AM
[ QUOTE ]
A few times over the past few weeks I've ventured to nl ring games at party and I never come out ahead. If anything I lose money. This is odd considering my success at SNGs. I know how to read boards, put people on ranges, gap concept, yadda yadda. But the fishies get me everytime.

I wonder if there are SNG traits in some people and ring traits in others. Or maybe I just suck.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you aggressive as in SNG's? Just wondering, as I initially started out very timid in ring games, as its all real money!! Can't play scared.

12-18-2005, 12:01 AM
The SNG skill-set differs from that of ring games. Many translate over and you need to adjust.

Differences include deep-stack play, different implications of pot and implied odds, starting hands etc

splashpot
12-18-2005, 12:19 AM
I used to play limit ring games. I think I was a slight winner. I'm sure I suck at them now.

12-18-2005, 12:23 AM
I played a few ring games at PP in an attempt to clear a bonus. It soon became apparent that I was going to lose more at the table than I was going to gain in bonus, so I stopped. I decided I would do some more reading before venturing back for at-the-table lessons.

handsome
12-18-2005, 12:29 AM
I lost 500bb+ at 2/4 and decided full ring wasn't for me. But I did and probably still could beat the [censored] out of 3/6 SH.

Maulik
12-18-2005, 12:36 AM
Why don't you consider hiring a coach?

Jman28 is hiring/hired Tommy Angelo. Didn't you pay Dali to coach you?

Edit: I thought the OP was FieryJustice.

psyduck
12-18-2005, 12:51 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I used to play limit ring games. I think I was a slight winner. I'm sure I suck at them now.

[/ QUOTE ]