PDA

View Full Version : (LC) Looking for some live poker advice

12-17-2005, 07:44 PM
Going to play some live poker tonight on a table of about 9 ro 10 people. Most really don't know how to play (some will limp JQo UTG). I am just looking for some basic advise because I realize live poker and SNGs are quite different...

Should I expect them to respect a check/raise? how should I play post flop? should I limp with raggy hands to see what flops?

splashpot
12-17-2005, 07:47 PM
Is it a sng or a cash game? If it's a sng, just play it the same as a 5+1 or 10+1.

bawcerelli
12-17-2005, 07:47 PM
are you playing a nl tourney? or limit cash? the questions you're asking basically amount to "how do i become a better poker player?"

Hendricks433
12-17-2005, 07:49 PM
what do you need to know? If you know how to play poker then play poker. Just play tighter and dont bluff the unbuffable.

12-17-2005, 08:09 PM
yeah i figured i was being way too vague. we are playing a NL tournament. All i wanted to know was if there are any poker moves that pertain only to live games and have no use in online games.

splashpot
12-17-2005, 08:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
poker moves that pertain only to live games and have no use in online games

[/ QUOTE ]
Poker moves? Probably not. If you're a big guy, you could however, threaten to kick their ass if they call. Moves like that don't work online.

12-17-2005, 08:18 PM
hahaa... ok well i guess this was a pointless post. hopefully i don't get sucked out on tonight. thanks for the replies.

45suited
12-17-2005, 08:21 PM
When I play live SNGs, the main thing that I pay attention to is the total number of chips in play and my exact number of chips. That way, I can make all my decisions just like I'm playing online.

Other than that, as has already been said, I pay close attention at the beginning (you know, when we're hardly playing any hands) to see who the calling stations are. Find out who the unbluffable players are.