PDA

View Full Version : Boris bring your pulaski

Ray Zee
07-21-2003, 07:39 PM
come back home we have fires again as its been 95 to 100 everyday with no end in sight. big fire up the north fork. evacuated teepee lake area.
your old job needs you. you are either with us or against us.

Boris
07-21-2003, 08:07 PM
I saved your home several times in the past. Never heard a word of thanks. You wouldn't even tell Mason to give me a 10% discount on HFAP. And then you go and rub my nose in it about all your great fishing trips and all the cute little critters in your back yard while I'm down here in in the city where I can't even let my dog piss on the neighbors' tree. At least I get paid alot for doing very little.

Just think Ray - If they had logged the North Fork just a little bit more there wouldn't be all these horrible fires. Haha. Don't believe the BS. I was on that big fire on the Tally Lake RD back in '94. That place has been pillaged by logging and it still burned like a tinderbox.

Ray Zee
07-21-2003, 08:59 PM
gee you know what 10% means. why i thought all people from olney couldnt even count. i told mason to charge you more as you wouldnt even know it.
oh by the way the baby sand pipers have left my driveway so i can speed down it now.
get your dog some of those depenz things and he can just pee on himself. dont let your dog brown up the san franciso grass.

they are back on that logging thing agin to reduce fuel loads. what a bunch of crap.

Ed I
07-22-2003, 12:38 AM
It looks like its shaping up to be a big fire year. I understand that the fuel moisture levels are similiar to what they were in 88 when Yellowstone burned. I'm afraid that the current administration will push thru some bogus "forest health" legislation.

The water temps are hitting 70+ on the Clark Fork.

Ed I
07-22-2003, 12:43 AM
Many of the fires I was on were in logged over areas. I drove to most of them.

HDPM
07-22-2003, 01:06 AM
"they are back on that logging thing agin to reduce fuel loads. what a bunch of crap."

But my republican senator sez so. How can you and Boris and EdI know better /forums/images/icons/smile.gif ?

Zeno
07-22-2003, 02:29 AM
"How can you and Boris and EdI know better "

They don't. /forums/images/icons/ooo.gif Damn trees just block the view. /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif Cut them all down. /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif

To be serious, thinning would be a better way, and issuing a lot more firewood permits, in fact firewood permits should be free for dead wood. That way vast hordes of rednecks would be out in woods hacking, sawing, and dragging out every piece of downed timber from the forest. Make it a free for all. All that timber up in Montana is small anyway; just a bunch of pecker poles and not worth much on the stump.

But the fires will most likely continue no matter what is done, it is nature’s way.

-Zeno /forums/images/icons/wink.gif /forums/images/icons/smirk.gif

Ray Zee
07-22-2003, 09:58 AM
we are just bitter hdpm. the logging companies wont give us millions of dollars to pass thru legislation to line their pockets, so our views are tainted.

it is the big old trees that tend to survive the forest fires as they have the thick bark. so when they thin they always take most of those in the pretext of having to make some money while doing this job for the people of the state.
what actually happens is that the forest canopy is opened up and more heat gets in and dries out the floor. then when a fire come by it is much more intense and moves more quicky and harder to control.
dead and rotten trees in the forest probably provide more benefit than the big tall living ones for the life that resides there. without that the whole ecosystem starts falling apart. from the bottom up.

Zeno
07-23-2003, 02:10 AM
Mr. Zee,

You are not suppose to be this smart. You are a redneck in Montana with many guns. Don't you know you are suppose to act like a gibbering idiot? /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif

Now, Go to your woodshed and chop kindling. /forums/images/icons/wink.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

-Zeno