PDA

View Full Version : Big men in the hole

conform
07-21-2003, 06:59 PM
Paradise, $0.50/$1 (waiting for the rest of my bonus to come in before I try Party).

Mediocre B7 (UTG) calls. Mediocre B5 calls. Tricky player (not sure if that's good tricky or bad tricky raises from B2. Folded to my BB where I reraise with red kings. All call and the four of us go to the flop.

[ T /forums/images/icons/diamond.gif 9 /forums/images/icons/diamond.gif Q /forums/images/icons/diamond.gif ] and I bet out with a four-flush and overpair. At this point a bad player who has noticed that I bet four to a flush sometimes announces that I must be on the come. Called to tricky player who raises. Called around.

Turn is [ T /forums/images/icons/diamond.gif 9 /forums/images/icons/diamond.gif Q /forums/images/icons/diamond.gif ] 8 /forums/images/icons/club.gif and it's checked to TP who bets. Called around. Should I have bet here?

River is [ T /forums/images/icons/diamond.gif 9 /forums/images/icons/diamond.gif Q /forums/images/icons/diamond.gif 8 /forums/images/icons/club.gif ] J /forums/images/icons/spade.gif and now what's my play? If I bet and get raised by one of the fish I'm certainly beat, there are plenty of plausible hands that TP could have that beat me...

conform
07-22-2003, 01:19 PM
I bet out the river, the fish folded, TP called and showed K /forums/images/icons/spade.gif Q /forums/images/icons/heart.gif for a split pot.

No comments on this hand?

RockLobster
07-22-2003, 01:33 PM
Hi Conform--

Flop: I would value 3-bet with this crew and expect callers.

Turn: Since you only called his raise, going for the c/r here is good (rather than check-call). I still expect that you're going to win.

River: Bet and call a raise.

rkiray
07-22-2003, 01:43 PM
I would have reraised the flop and bet the turn.

slamdunkpro
07-22-2003, 04:10 PM
I'd have bet the straight hard. TP dosen't have THAT many outs.

>>River is [ T 9 Q 8 ] J and now what's my play? If I bet and get raised by one of the fish I'm certainly beat, there are plenty of plausible hands that TP could have that beat me...<<

I'm curious, from this part of the post did you miss the fact that you has a K high straight?

conform
07-22-2003, 04:37 PM
>>I'm curious, from this part of the post did you miss the fact that you has a K high straight?

ah, well, when I played the hand I was certainly aware that I had the straight. not sure exactly what i was thinking when i wrote that sentence though.