PDA

View Full Version : SNG and making a living. quick question....

Pondy
12-17-2005, 05:53 PM
Do people make a living from just playing SNG's, as you never see the tourneys on telly or hear of players who are pro sng players.
?

OrcaDK
12-17-2005, 05:54 PM
Yes

12-17-2005, 05:55 PM
Fischman used to play SNG's exclusively I believe but I'm not sure. I'm sure there are a lot of players on here who play SNG's for a living who you've never heard of.

Mr_J
12-17-2005, 06:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Do people make a living from just playing SNG's

[/ QUOTE ]

Sure. If $100k/yr ain't that hard to crack (and it's not with sngs), then there's going to be people playing for a living. Many regular posters here live off sngs.

[ QUOTE ]
as you never see the tourneys on telly or hear of players who are pro sng players.
?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you will soon. The sng community has seemed to boom here over the last year, and I think the numbers of MTTs coming from an sng background will only increase.

Hendricks433
12-17-2005, 06:19 PM
Im sure once alot of the posters on here turn 21 lol some of them might hit the seen and become famous. Theres some good Poker Players on this STT Forum who are still getting better and better. Now only if I was one of them /images/graemlins/frown.gif

Paul Thomson
12-17-2005, 07:16 PM
Before the poker boom, Gavin Smith spent three years playing $1000 sit-n-gos at major tournaments and then selling his buy-in. He made a decent living at it.

ilya
12-17-2005, 07:45 PM
Yes. I have made my living excusively from SnGs for the past year, and many other people on this forum have been doing the same. Also it was just this week that darrell "Gigabet" dicken, who is as far as I know primarily an SnG player, made the Bellagio WPT TV table.

Degen
12-17-2005, 07:47 PM
check out my blog, in my profile here

i went pro in july, this is all i do...

Scuba Chuck
12-18-2005, 12:01 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Yes. I have made my living excusively from SnGs for the past year, and many other people on this forum have been doing the same. Also it was just this week that darrell "Gigabet" dicken, who is as far as I know primarily an SnG player, made the Bellagio WPT TV table.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm pretty sure ZeeJustin still falls into this same category. I think we'd all be surprised how much in SNGs he still plays. And I'm sure Giga isn't playing any less MTTs than Zee.