PDA

View Full Version : Computer program vs. Real Tourney

scottyb
07-21-2003, 06:07 PM
I am wondering how people that played tournaments on Wilsons turbo program or Acespades have faired against real opponents. Obviously there are many diffences but I am curious if people have found that it prepared them well.

Daithi
07-23-2003, 11:03 AM
It's fun but not like playing humans. For example, if the computer makes a minimum bet on the flop it will nearly always fold to a pot sized bet/raise. Another example, is if I limp from UTG with AA, and the pot gets raised, I can go all-in and 90% of the time the computer will call.

This Wilson software is really good at Limit Holdem, and not quite that good at No-Limit (but still fun).

slamdunkpro
07-23-2003, 11:31 AM
The current version of the Wilson SW for tournaments is V4. It lacks a lot of the features of the limit Version 5.

Having said that, I think it's a great trainig tool. If I'm playing a tournament this weekend I'll use TTHTV4 to get me in "tourney mode", and play 20 - 30 tournaments the week prior. If I'm playing a ring game - then I use TTHV5. I think it really helps you switch gears. And I know that both my ring game and my tournament performance has gotten better once I started using it.