PDA

View Full Version : $33: TT facing strange all-in bet

12-17-2005, 04:43 PM
Call this? I've never seen him do anyhting out of the ordinary since we've been playing.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t50 (7 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Hero (t820)
UTG (t2030)
MP1 (t1575)
MP2 (t960)
CO (t805)
Button (t1005)
SB (t805)

Preflop: Hero is BB with T/images/graemlins/heart.gif, T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, Button calls t50, SB raises to 805 (all-in), Hero?

splashpot
12-17-2005, 04:45 PM
I fold.

HonestIago15
12-17-2005, 05:14 PM
You're looking at a coinflip at best most of the time here, sometimes you're dominated, and on one of those freakish occasions that you remember he's holding a lower PP.

tigerite
12-17-2005, 09:02 PM
No, I'd just let this go..

45suited
12-17-2005, 09:05 PM
I fold as well, although I suspect that calling is not the bad play that we are programmed to think it is.

Do you really see a typical player doing this with JJ+? I suspect that we'd be way ahead here quite often, but I wouldn't have the stones to hit the call button.

tigerite
12-17-2005, 09:14 PM
The problem is, we have to be a 52% favourite to call here, even allowing for the 50 chip overlay of the button's limp. Yes I might push here with JJ and QQ in SB's position by the way. You'll be OOP on any flop and there's already 125 in the pot, it would be nice to pick that up unopposed. Not saying it's something I would always or even usually do, but it's an option. Same with AK. Whereas with 99 and below I'd naturally just complete..

So yeah if you have a read on the guy as being particularly loose or donkish or whatever, you can call, or if he turns over his cards and shows exactly AK or AQ.. fine. Unfortuntely it's just that slight chance he has JJ or QQ that makes this a fold. For me, anyways.

Oh yeah and the OP did say "I've never seen him do anything out of the ordinary since we've been playing." - doesn't sound like a normal player that we love to take money and chips from so much - in fact, he sounds more like a typical 2p2'er to me from that description.

45suited
12-17-2005, 09:17 PM
Yeah, I'd fold too. BTW, I push with AK from the SB in spots like this on a regular basis. (But I think that you and I are in the minority on that one.) I'd be more likely to raise with QQ and play the hand OOP.

tigerite
12-17-2005, 09:19 PM
Well I dunno, pushing AK in the SB here is something I would do sometimes but it certainly wouldn't be automatic. I'd like some kind of a read on the button to do it anyway. It's just risking a lot for 125 chips but the OOP argument is a strong one. The same goes for JJ here, I would certainly, like you be more inclined to do it with JJ than QQ.

45suited
12-17-2005, 09:22 PM
For me, pushing AK is basically automatic here. Easy way to add 125 chips to my stack and I don't have to play the hand OOP after committing a significant portion of my stack raising. If someone wants to call, well, then I'm in great shape if I win the hand. Hopefully BB wakes up with AQ or something.

12-17-2005, 10:29 PM
I'm not sure it's such an easy fold I see a lot of donks making this move with ax. It depends on your read if he's laggy you probably need to call

Snarf
12-18-2005, 12:08 AM
I play lower limits than you guys...

I view this as a classic fold....but I usually call in these spots 'cuz the player is usually bad has an underpair or one over. But I always fold to a halfway decnet player there.