PDA

View Full Version : $11: Two 33 bubble hands - Is this why I never finish 1st?

mpfree
12-17-2005, 02:26 PM
Hi,
These were back to back hands.

Chip leader generally limps pf and very aggressive after seeing the flop.

Hand 1: Villians's raise was out of character. Is this a fold given chip stacks even if villian had only called?

PartyPoker - NL Texas Hold'em $10 Buy-in + $1 Entry Fee Tournament | Level: 5 - 4 players (Converter: PGC (http://client.pokergrader.com))

Chip Counts:
Button: 2885 Chips
SB: 900 Chips
<font color="red">Hero: 1395 Chips</font>
UTG: 2820 Chips

Hero is BB with 3/images/graemlins/club.gif 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif
Blinds are 75/150

PreFlop
<font color="blue">UTG folds</font>, <font color="red">Button RAISES ($600)</font>
<font color="blue">SB folds</font>, <font color="blue">Hero ????</font>

Hand 2: Is this one of the come-over-the-top shoving situations?

PartyPoker - NL Texas Hold'em $10 Buy-in + $1 Entry Fee Tournament | Level: 5 - 4 players (Converter: PGC (http://client.pokergrader.com))

Chip Counts:
Button: 825 Chips
<font color="red">Hero: 1245 Chips</font>
BB: 2820 Chips
UTG: 3110 Chips

Hero is SB with 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif
Blinds are 75/150

PreFlop
<font color="green">UTG Calls</font>, <font color="blue">Button folds</font>
<font color="blue">Hero ???</font>, <font color="green">BB checks</font>

I ended up folding both hands pf. Maybe this is one of the many reasons I never get a 1st place finish (over a meaningless sample size /images/graemlins/smile.gif )

Were these two hands standard?

Thanks.

splashpot
12-17-2005, 02:29 PM
First one is an easy fold. The second one, I can see myself pushing. If you have any read at all that he might fold this, then I push.

12-17-2005, 02:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
First one is an easy fold. The second one, I can see myself pushing. If you have any read at all that he might fold this, then I push.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree.

HonestIago15
12-17-2005, 02:36 PM
The big stack at an 11 is almost never trying to trap you in this situation, he has a mediocre hand and just wants to see a flop. You can count on him folding 9 times out of 10 here. So basically it's just slightly riskier than trying to steal BB's blind, with a bigger reward. I'm pushing every time here.

45suited
12-17-2005, 03:12 PM
1) Easy, easy fold.

2) You're not going to get the bigstack to fold anywhere near 9 times out of 10. He's got you covered by 2000 chips, as does the BB. With the shortstack hanging around, I think the case can be made for completing here. In a typical 11, better spots than this will come up.

My guess is that this push would be called 1 out of 3 times at an 11.

12-17-2005, 04:32 PM
First one insta fold
Second one if utg has been limping a lot push otherwise check.

HonestIago15
12-17-2005, 05:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
1) Easy, easy fold.

2) You're not going to get the bigstack to fold anywhere near 9 times out of 10. He's got you covered by 2000 chips, as does the BB. With the shortstack hanging around, I think the case can be made for completing here. In a typical 11, better spots than this will come up.

My guess is that this push would be called 1 out of 3 times at an 11.

[/ QUOTE ]

Complete just to see three overcards come up? Are trips going to pay you off often enough here to make completing worthwhile? Yeah 9 times of 10 was definately an exaggeration, but I do think that 1 of 3 is too low. I always people at the 11's folding frequently after a limp. I spose I just see not pushing as not playing for first