PDA

View Full Version : OT - how do you manage your PT databases?

splashpot
12-17-2005, 02:12 PM
For people who play upwards of 500 sngs per month. After a while importing starts to slow down your machine. How do you guys manage this? Do you create new databases every few months? Whenever you feel like it? After a certain number of games? When it hits the max?

Swedebubba
12-17-2005, 03:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
For people who play upwards of 500 sngs per month. After a while importing starts to slow down your machine. How do you guys manage this? Do you create new databases every few months? Whenever you feel like it? After a certain number of games? When it hits the max?

[/ QUOTE ]
Convert your database to SQL.

ferb
12-17-2005, 05:04 PM
How?

splashpot
12-17-2005, 07:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Convert your database to SQL.

[/ QUOTE ]
But don't you still feel that it's slow after tens of thousands of hands?

curtains
12-17-2005, 07:32 PM
I make a new one each month. Im considering making a master database as well that contains like 3-5k toruneys so I can prepare for opponents. I will only open it maybe once a week for preparation reasons, and take notes on all the common opponents, and I will only add to it at the end of the month.