PDA

View Full Version : Wishing I hadn't...(oesd)

ElSapo
12-17-2005, 01:39 PM
Folded to me in the CO, I raise A /images/graemlins/club.gif8 /images/graemlins/spade.gif and pretty much immediately wish I'd folded. Only the SB calls, and the flop is 9 /images/graemlins/spade.gifT /images/graemlins/diamond.gifJ /images/graemlins/spade.gif

SB bets and I raise, immediately wishing I hadn't. He three-bets, I call.

Turn is a 2 /images/graemlins/spade.gif, he bets and I wish I felt like I could fold, but I don't.

River is a 3 /images/graemlins/spade.gif and he bets again...

Villain is pretty normal guy at a fairly loose table.

toss
12-17-2005, 02:45 PM
Raise Preflop is fine as long as the Button and blinds fold a decent amount. Doesn't even have to be a lot really.

Flop raise isn't fine. This isn't the kind of flop villain will bet/call the flop and check/fold the turn. Its draw heavy, he may have a pair, let him bet if he has just a draw.

You called the turn hoping to improve and you do on the river. So call.

chief444
12-17-2005, 03:04 PM
pf is fine. Flop I call. Turn I call. River I sure as hell don't fold. I can see an argument here for raising. A good amount of worse hands will pay off. A "pretty normal guy" won't 3-bet with a worse hand. I think it's close. I'd just call though. I guess it depends a lot on what I think his preflop range for calling is here and whether I thought he would bet the scary river if he had reason to be scared.

goofball
12-17-2005, 04:21 PM
Riasing the flop is bad. If the Q comes what do you have then? Not much. Call the flop, call the turn, call the river.